Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Heh I bought them all on the site last month. So how massive are we talking? I have been needing to fix up a board game shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

malkav11 posted:

I mean, they are large, especially in combination. But I speak as the owner of things like the Anachrony Infinity Box, Planet Apocalypse, Glorantha: The Gods War, and of course, OGRE Designer's Edition. So, I've had my standards for massive rejiggered. ;)

Same, what the my own garbage board game flavors, the Sentinels Big Box and the IDW TMNT All-in set. My board games right now look like one of the Dr. Pepper superbowl displays in a grocery store.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

My copy arrived today and sure enough it's a significant chunk of shelf real estate. I do love the organization so far, of course I do t live with any board game people so it'll be a while before I can see it in practice.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Got a chance to play this yesterday, we went through a ton of the characters but didn't have the time to try all of them or the table space outdoors (gotta stay socially distant, even with some of us vaccinated) to try the PVE stuff.

Shadow Thief was an instant favorite for me, feels like a dang blue deck, like I'm just playing a whole different game, all CP dial and card deck while the other guy is still wasting time with dice.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Got a chance to take on the Adventure stuff with a three player group running Artificer, Gunslinger, Seraph. The crawl was easy but the Fallen Barbarian cometely ruined us round one and in round two it came down to blowing nanites that killed everyone and then a frantic check in the book to see if that meant we won or not.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

Also, my wife really hated the fact that you can stuff your deck full of cards, but that aside from upgrading certain core cards (like 6's or whatever) from Loot cards, you run a real chance, if you get enough Loot, to stuff your deck with additional cards that keep you away from your class-related upgrades. I don't feel it as strongly as she did, but I can understand the frustration caused by a lack of culling. This just isn't that sort of game, but when cards are your only real reward from boss battles and all of them seem like a downgrade from your base deck, at least in terms of whether you'd prefer to draw a class card or that Loot card, it can be a bummer to finish a boss and get three cards you don't want.

I get that. I basically turned down every card I got that wasn't a direct upgrade with the exception of a card that granted treasure during portal crawls or straight up gas (1 CP for 2 CP and draw 1) in boss fights, because that just fixes itself, and an equipment that let me buy a defense roll against undefendable stuff, which is pretty drat powerful (or it would be if I wasn't playing the virtually defenseless Artificer)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

We did Cursed Pirate vs. Huntress last night and I gotta say I am not enamored of the Huntress. It feels like the cat is required just to get her to baseline, so while other classes are already at normal and using their tricks to gently caress you over, she's just always on the back foot trying to keep Nyra alive. Maybe I'm missing something.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

malkav11 posted:

Vampire Lord seems pretty darn good in DTA. or at least, portal crawls. There are caveats - a bunch of her moves are more focused on setup and that's not as useful in this environment, her defense isn't very defensive, and she has relatively low damage output. But the flexibility of Blood Power, especially the heal for all the damage you do at 4? So good. And she has built in CP gain and card draw.

Yeah, we're just about done with a campaign of Vampire Lord, Shadow Thief, and Pyromancer, and that heal is insanely important.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Whoa how's pyro holding up in that?

Did not make it to the end of portal crawl four, but did get lucky early and score a damage reduction equipment of some sort.

Shadow Thief is me and it's a trip. I spent more status removals pulling Shadows off myself than any negative status, just so I can set it up again same turn.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Well the new boards certainly look neat. Lots of unique counter and interesting cycles on display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Am I reading this wrong then?

https://dice-throne.rulepop.com/#opponents

(Relevant text section)