Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I waited 2 long for EDD and it was a bitch and a half to get it sorted. I told all my furloughed friends who didn't have it to start asap because it wasn't gonna get any better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
actually that wasn't very funny and it sucks how bad california is handling unemployment. i guess it could be worse, could be in georgia or alabama.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Xaris posted:

actually that wasn't very funny and it sucks how bad california is handling unemployment. i guess it could be worse, could be in georgia or alabama.

Apparently if ur a prisoner willing to commit fraud its working pretty decently lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
edd has been problem free for me :shrug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Apparently if ur a prisoner willing to commit fraud its working pretty decently lol

ruh roh

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

R u posting from Corcoran state or folsom?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rumint says that its basically only hosed for people who signed up in the last 6 months or so, but their backlog is insane and i'll be lucky if i get it in a month or two lol. good thing im living with my dad now, and my grandparents (they cosigned my car) can float the payments for a while... but uh, god, maybe I should just say 'gently caress my family yolo lol' and go back to work at this rate. i've been broke for almost 2 months now.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i told my wife to apply for unemployment the day the school said she couldnt do in-person stuff as an aide anymore, like way back in march. good thing too cuz i think the next week cal EDD started having hella problems lol.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Larry Parrish posted:

rumint says that its basically only hosed for people who signed up in the last 6 months or so, but their backlog is insane and i'll be lucky if i get it in a month or two lol. good thing im living with my dad now, and my grandparents (they cosigned my car) can float the payments for a while... but uh, god, maybe I should just say 'gently caress my family yolo lol' and go back to work at this rate. i've been broke for almost 2 months now.

When u actually get it it'll be really weird and not obvious, and you'll go check and there'll be a few thousand in there and then you'll be like ca-cchhiing.
But if u can work under the table and lie about it that's cool too, if you want. I know a lot of people up here double dipping and I don't blame them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

titty_baby_ posted:

When u actually get it it'll be really weird and not obvious, and you'll go check and there'll be a few thousand in there and then you'll be like ca-cchhiing.
But if u can work under the table and lie about it that's cool too, if you want. I know a lot of people up here double dipping and I don't blame them

im probably going to lol. the real businesses here don't do that poo poo but this is the sierras so firewood work and trimming work is about to be a thing

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
I’m still in awe at Newsom’s/CA’s order to reopen schools when 1 in 3 have COVID-19 in Los Angelos County alone: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-14/one-in-three-la-county-residents-infected-coronavirus

It’s solid proof the government does not give a poo poo whether you live or die; the sheer blatantness of it is so viscerally disgusting. :lol:

At least we have legal weed. I can’t imagine living in one of these red states in the middle of nowhere during all this.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

If u were in a red state...you'd probably have a bigger house/apartment and wouldbt have had to stopworking or wear a mask. You might or might not be dead of covid. The weed is still likely cheaper illegal, tho also probs not as good

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i just got a job with edd doing phone support cant wait to help u dumb fucks get paid

titty_baby_ posted:

If u were in a red state...you'd probably have a bigger house/apartment and wouldbt have had to stopworking or wear a mask. You might or might not be dead of covid. The weed is still likely cheaper illegal, tho also probs not as good

Austin is analogous to a California city under republican rule. its just as expensive and clogged

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

please adjust my weekly benefit to 10k usd

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Ammanas posted:

i just got a job with edd doing phone support cant wait to help u dumb fucks get paid

Austin is analogous to a California city under republican rule. its just as expensive and clogged

Yeah I wasn't comparing to the most california city, I was comparing to in general u dingus

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

And give me my 2k smythe

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Stop buying weed and grow it, its better, safer, and so much cheaper. I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment and grow enough in an Ikea cabinet for more than two daily users.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

nope just blocked ur certification enjoy being evicted peasant

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
the state auditor was on the news last night saying edd shat the bed because

they got a list of over 344,000 people who were just presumed to be committing fraud

and their software has no way to undo that designation when those people verify that they are actual humans with actual claims

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Greg12 posted:

the state auditor was on the news last night saying edd shat the bed because

they got a list of over 344,000 people who were just presumed to be committing fraud

and their software has no way to undo that designation when those people verify that they are actual humans with actual claims

it's a shame that computers are just rogue magic machines that can never be changed or reprogrammed

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

titty_baby_ posted:

My brother's brother in law got like 8 grand while he was in prison last year

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Aglet56 posted:

it's a shame that computers are just rogue magic machines that can never be changed or reprogrammed

my superficial understanding is that all of california state bureaucracy electronic systems havent been updated since the 80s, just layered with stuff over the decades

it's a pretty big mess

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Stop buying weed and grow it, its better, safer, and so much cheaper. I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment and grow enough in an Ikea cabinet for more than two daily users.

post pics of your rig

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Something Else posted:

post pics of your rig

She has gotten to tall for the space, only so much I can do about that. But she will still produce 4-6 ounces of weed. Its just a cabinet I painted blue and cut some holes in the back of it and strapped fans to it. I don't do anything about the smell because we like the smell and I don't worry about light leaks because I only grow autos. I grow in coco coir and use FloraNova + cal mag for nutes.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Yeah buddy if I'm growing weed I'm doing outdoor. Im not about to deal with lights when the sun is free. I get all my flower for free nyway and buy stuff im too lazy to process

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Yea I would grow outside is I had a yard, but I live in LA...

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

JesusIsTehCool posted:

She has gotten to tall for the space, only so much I can do about that. But she will still produce 4-6 ounces of weed. Its just a cabinet I painted blue and cut some holes in the back of it and strapped fans to it. I don't do anything about the smell because we like the smell and I don't worry about light leaks because I only grow autos. I grow in coco coir and use FloraNova + cal mag for nutes.

bad rear end! I used to fantasize about doing this in college but never had the stones to pull it together. nowadays I would only need to grow like... a small windowsill’s worth for myself, and it’s probably not worth the effort

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Yea I would grow outside is I had a yard, but I live in LA...

lolling at the idea of growing weed in a local community garden next to like tomatoes and cucumbers

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Something Else posted:

bad rear end! I used to fantasize about doing this in college but never had the stones to pull it together. nowadays I would only need to grow like... a small windowsill’s worth for myself, and it’s probably not worth the effort

Sadly weed is a pretty light intensive plant and either needs to be fully outside or under a grow light. I know there are grows that people do in things called "space buckets" which are smaller and cheaper, but produces less weed. I love to garden and I love weed, and weed is legit one of the best plants to garden because unlike vegetables or fruits it is pretty easy to get to a point where you can grow all you need to consume. Also smoking weed is generally more fun than eating tomatoes. I grow enough to give away about a third of my weed to unhoused people, which has earned me a reputation at some of the encampments as the "guy giving away weed" which is both something i am proud of and something that makes my work easier.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

How much higher is ur electric bill if u don't mind me asking? In the late 90s/2000s there was a mini housing crisis where im at because of all these people doing indoor, and now a lot of leases say no growing, towns have ordinances about it, and the tiers for electricity were changed.

I've always wanted to grow and I'd love to if I had a fenced yard, but im in an apartment with close neighbors, the patio is just off the street, and my landlords business is right over the fence. Ive seen people growing on balconies or in yards in other parts of town tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
takes me like 3 months to smoke an 8th so i just buy @ the store .. =/

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
Its about $20 a month, LEDS have gotten really good in the last 5 or 6 years and the price of them have come way down to. I think that like was like $200 when I bought it. I grew enough weed on my first plant to "recoup" the cost of all my expenses. Its like a subscription to unlimited weed for about $30 a month + an hour or two of labor a week.

I don't know if we are allowed to grow in my apartment, I just did it. My building manager loves me because I always pay my rent on time and don't bug her very often.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as a el dorado county hillbilly i generally lol at the concept of paying for weed, and not growing it outside, and also not shipping it out of state illegally. everybody i know who grows still sells it black market out of state because it pays more than the legal and gray market lol. well besides the people who actually smoke it themselves.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Larry Parrish posted:

as a el dorado county hillbilly i generally lol at the concept of paying for weed, and not growing it outside, and also not shipping it out of state illegally. everybody i know who grows still sells it black market out of state because it pays more than the legal and gray market lol. well besides the people who actually smoke it themselves.

all my friends still in louisiana like to annoy me about shipping it back there, because even with postage it's still cheaper here than what they can get there, nevermind quality

loving lol at risking prison time for that poo poo tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all my friends still in louisiana like to annoy me about shipping it back there, because even with postage it's still cheaper here than what they can get there, nevermind quality

i prob wouldn't mail bud but you could mail some thc vape cartridges or edible (gummies/ mints). when i do plane rides i just use an altoid container filled with THC/cbd mints or take a trader joes plastic bag of gummies and put in thc gummies in there -- even though TSA really does not give a poo poo.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Alec Eiffel posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Rb6fCgD.mp4

I keep forgetting my loving “go bag”

If u know, u know

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos
Just in time for reopening schools!

https://twitter.com/KNX1070/status/1359596302045089792?s=20

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

this is the first year I've bought weed from a dispensary. last couple of years friends and family were offloading plenty of shake and ugly but fine buds. harvest was so bad from the fires this year that everything that can be possibly be sold to the big buyers/turned into oil is getting sold. the little that's going around is brown and half moldy.

sucks, there's nothing like outdoor grown. indoor is too much for my tiny fragile brain

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

mailing small quantities of flower is pretty easy and low-risk

-use USPS because it is a federal offense to open someone else's mail and USPS packages have more legal protection against searches than private carriers
-put it inside something else that is pungent, like a bag of coffee beans

cartridges or edibles are even lower risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/supejohngioia/status/1359294671457976321?s=21

lol fukin chevron man