Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I put one million hours into Spore OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

also i got extremely addicted to Tiny Tower so i was walking around saying "my tin y tower" this and "my tiny tower" that for a comically long time until i realized it sounded like i was talking about my penis.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to stop my eye from twitching at wormskull's obvious troll post

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

isn't there a guy with like a wall of monitors ozymandias style playing final fantasy 11? that's probably enough to keep them profitable on its own, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i forget if it was ken griffey jr. or roger clemens baseball that let you rename all the players, but my brothers and i played way too much of that so that we could name our team after us and our friends and the other, stinky team after the people we didn't like.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

throw my science project on the floor, will you, C. Fittante? well let's you see you hit this curveball. now all the pixels in the crowd are booing you.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Anyway I have a lot of nostalgia for the 8/16 bit Simpsons games even though they’re pretty objectively bad. We rented them a lot as a kid and I liked how every game had a bunch of different playstyles even if they didn’t do any of them that well

I still have a soft spot for virtual Bart and Bart's nightmare

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Poy Poy [PS1]
Local 4p multi game where you just throw rocks and poo poo at each other. Don’t need to gild the lily, this is what I’m here for.

this reminds me of Intellivision's Armor Battle, a game where both players (it was only two player, no single player mode) controlled a very slow moving tank that could shoot bullets, lay mines and move. the mines were really awkward becaus their hit box was large enough that if you didn't move a specific way, you'd blow up your own tank before you could even get away from it. when you blew up the other guys tank (or, often, your own), he'd get a new one and you'd both start from your starting positions. each player got 50 tanks, which i don't think was tracked anywhere on the screen. because the tanks moved so slowly, it would take like 3 hours to play a full game, so almost everyone just did it until they got bored. except...

my dad's friend got really into Armor Battle for some reason. just wanted to play it with us the entire time any time he came over. he thought the mines were particularly funny and would holler and hoot whenever someone got exploded by a mine, especially if it was their own (he got himself often). until one day he showed up when my dad wasn't even home and when all of us, both of my brothers and i, had the chicken pox. finally my mother had to make the armor battle cartridge disappear for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i really loved the first jurassic park game where you go into buildings and play lovely wolfenstein but i never beat it because not one person in the entire development team floated the idea of saving or a password system

I finally beat that in college with save states and it's not worth it. the overworld dinosaurs were good jump.scares in it though