Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

I know Herzog Zwei is kind of famous, but I also dicked around once with the original MSX Herzog, which was set up where there's a split screen with a single linear path, and you spawn units at the bottom that start walking up the screen to your opponent. You can pick them up and drop them further ahead to try to bunchup units or leapfrog defenses and stuff. I remember there was a really expensive ICBM weapon that very slowly moves offscreen on the minimap but once it reaches the enemy base it's an instawin.

Think it's kind of neat that it's produced it's more open free-form sequel, arguably the first game in the RTS genre, that eventually birthed the MOBA genre, that brought back AI units on lanes and controlling a single super unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2FDnKzt5I

christ, its somehow even worse than i remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU