Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Let's talk about webgame. If you were a 00s kid and had a computer then you for sure played a lot of web games, or you're lying or you had no childhood. Web games were ftw because they were free, and free = best price for games. What were your favorites etc?
  • Hunted to (2? II?) Extinction: It was pvp final fantasy 5. Enough said. I'm still obsessed with this game even though it only existed for like a year in the early 2000s. I think it was written entirely in html which is pretty impressive lol, hope someone remakes it eventually.

• Realm of the Mad God: I played a lot of this during my "Wu Tang phase" when I was 17. Like hardcore diablo meets pixel roguelite bullet hell indie treasure. I would chill out listening to 90s rap and grind for stat boosting pots until the server inevitably lagged and everyone near anything dangerous died instantly. I think this one might still exist or it least it did a couple years ago.

• Gunbound: This doesn't technically count because you had to download and install it but Gunbound is godly, my absolute favorite game ages 11-13ish until I got addicted to mmos. If you somehow don't know what Gunbound is it's just anime worms. I played A Sate and when season 2 launched Kalsiddon. "New Gunbound" is currently in development but got covided, however I still believe and will 100% play it when it comes out and I hope imps join me.

• QWOP: This was my game of choice in high school graphic design class when my friend showed it to me. I figured out how to actually run but I don't think I ever made it past the hurdle. During this time I also got really good at T spin Tetris.

• Kingdom of Loathing: More of an honorable mention really since I know someone else will definitely mention it. I soured on this game and stopped thinking it was funny after a couple of years but I definitely played a lot of it up until that point. However it's still a one of a kind game. My favorite class: Disco Bandit.

• Neopets: I didn't play Neopets :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Line Rider lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Burrito Bison, Pineapple Spank, and El Pollo all come together for a HUGE webgame