Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
DC and PR should be states before the State of the Forums is able to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fidelitious posted:

I can absolutely say that this made me buy an account. I was having a great time reading a thread, and when it got re-paywalled I ponied up no problem.

Here we have a post that makes a good case for never lifting the paywall.

Haha owned.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Add microtransactions.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Let people pay to ban people. You’ll kill the user base in the long run but this is America and only the next quarter is what is important.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Imgur would be great if I didn’t constantly get API errors when trying to use it via the awful app. If it worked the way it was designed you’d never even notice that you were using Imgur.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Klyith posted:

Stylish and userstyles.org got taken over by a for-profit web analytics company that only cares about data collection. Use stylus instead.

(Getting styles from userstyles is still ok, if the site is working at the time. But the extensions is tracking & reporting every site you go to.)

Just like every other thing you install on your devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
More forum invasions. Make SA Great Again!