Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

lmao at how much lowtax lied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

pookel posted:

This except I would like to pay money to NOT see any goon naked, ever.

send me :10bux: or i'll pm you my nudes

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

perhaps the patreon folks should give their extra money to some charities instead

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Xachariah posted:

Yeah, certain content, humour and styles of posting are more heavily up-voted than others. On one hand the lovely opinions and racism and poor grammar gets hidden, on the flip side all discussion then becomes centred around a small handful of standardised up-voted top level comments.

If you go though popular frequently and sort by "Top" you get a sense of how standardised the content and rhetoric can become. It's like every single thread effectively has the same kind of content. Pun chains, complaining about people only reading headlines, meta references to other popular posts and concern trolling... If you read enough popular Reddit posts one after the other I'm positive you can predict exactly what the most up-voted posts will say for any given post/headline with a high degree of accuracy.

ah, so it's like pyf

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Zombiepop posted:

Combine it, X% of any profit goes to charity. Would make it easier to talk about the forums irl as well. On the one hand goatman and shitposting on the other hand love and healing. That ying yang poo poo.

this is a great idea btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

ColdPie posted:

With imgur circling the drain (you now have to watch an ad to upload),

no you don't