Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Apparently their goal is to "gently caress over the big guys" and I don't get how it's supposed to work because I'm a dumb dumb. If the folks at Reddit drive up the price of the stocks, what's stopping "the big guys" from selling their own shares and making bank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

My Spirit Otter posted:

The big guys shorted the stock and it out-performed, rather than under-performed and now they owe a lot of money

After researching how short-selling works I am laughing my rear end off.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

eSports Chaebol posted:

there was a guy who made a ton of money on roulette at monte carlo in the late 19th century because he studied the spins and realized that the wheels were not perfectly true and had a tiny but statistically significant bias that allowed him to run up a ton of winnings before he was figured out

of course he needed a huge bankroll in the first place to do this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Jagger

Wikipedia posted:

Joseph Jagger was born at Cock Hill, Shelf, Yorkshire

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

"Society is much like fruit. Once it matures, it is inevitable that it will eventually rot. As the economy grows, the private sector stagnates as elders and bureaucrats become more and more powerful... As time passes, this power becomes the status quo, and crushes the seeds of any possible reformation... such a sad trend."

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Meme Poker Party posted:

Which anime is this from?

My Karl Marx-chan Can't Be This Cute

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

The point is that the richies are finally losing and that is something we should all be happy about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not true but okay!

Assuming they don't get bailed out of course.