Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I actually think this is the last flight out on these kind of trades. Now that I know what is actually going on, a short squeeze like this or any of the other ones probably won't come along again even without regulation. LOL probably, but the banksters won't be stupid enough to get into that position again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
People are still buying on 'real brokarages' watching live on Youtube, you can see it climb, than it drops 10 bux in one second when the shorters sell off, they are still getting killed though lol!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Not GME, another one did.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
What if in an ideal situation NO ONE SOLD and was for the 'cause' how much would it go to and how much would the shorters lose and what would be the endgame for the whole thing?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Take triple your investment out now and hold the line and see how it plays out, is my advice!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Might go hog wild and start trading. I will go to BFC but I am going to buy a desktop and 2 monitors, any free trading programs online? Probably won't do it but I minored in FA and studied FOREX a few years ago. Put in a K and F around and find out!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Rolodex posted:

Power to the players

LOL! Wonder if any of the lower level Game Stop employees got stock option or had stock money taken out of their paychecks, that was an option when I worked at Bob Evans. Hope some of them are rich(er) now!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I signed up for a RobinHood account to buy my 115 shares of AMC but didn't yet. Anyway, I gave them my SS# and address and poo poo, that is safe right?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
What? I thought 115, maybe 42 now? wtf? oh well only spending 500 anyway as a laugh and to gently caress the man!

e; 25 so 25 x 15 = 375, much safer!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 29, 2021

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
glad everything is so hosed on RH i get a few screens closer to adding money but AMC has tanked in the mean time so this is good, i guess!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I think I am bigly screwed. I forgot the log in details to my E Trade account (they weren't going to let me trade till the 3rd but STILL CHECKING) and the emails aren't coming to my account to reset stuff, now I am on hold with CS. Hope they are just swamped, but a bunch of brokerages are. They can't just steal my money, right?!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
STOP loving AROUND E*TRADE (LOVE THE ASTERICK LOL). Let me trade, been on hold over 30 minutes now, stop saving me from myself AMC keeps getting cheaper while I wait for your 'emails' or 'answer'. RH wouldn't even let me put money in so this is all I've got!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

teardrop posted:

Market cap is just stock in existence * latest price. If there is 10000 shares of stock and you buy 1000 for $1 then sell 1 for $10 and another for $50, everyone says “holy crap those shares are selling for $50 now” and your shares are now “worth” about $50000 and the market cap goes from $10000 to $500000 instantly.

Of course if you tried to sell your 9998 remaining shares, that would probably tank the price and you would get nowhere near that amount. So the market cap value is only real if there is a lot of buyers at that price, rather than a quick spike on one day of trading.

Nice answer. Can you explain how AMC was able to pay off debt when the stock price went up? What did they do, sell stock for debt or what?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
E Trade if you write you info down and want to wait till Wednesday, put some money in today! (Setting up my own personal lawsuit against them, here Twitter, and FB)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
e trade helped me out after 59 minutes on hold, was just about to hang up and call tomorrow. GET YOUR MONEY IN NOW because I can't 'invest' till Wednesday and you guys are out of time I think so you could have money to spend on Thursday. First time investors have to wait then you can get instant access to all the cash you deposit up to your cash balance, from here on, and they let you buy w/e and as far as a I know no fees except MAYBE to withdrawal, didn't think that far ahead yet and it aint the magic the gathering online exchange!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

CheeseThief posted:

I'm playing the new long game, this current market is too volatile for me but I've got the inside track on the next big thing.

See, out of all this a few redditors are going to hit it big. Money passes hands from hedge funds to some newly minted millionaires who are going to want to live large and spend some money, they're going to want all the things they never had. And I'm going to be right there to profit off their largesse, I don't even need to buy in because I've been in this market for years!

You just watch, my limited edition funco pops are going to make me rich!

WSB limited release ONLY at Gamestop!
(stole that from reddit)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Goobish posted:

Are they planning on doing the same tactic with AMC stock? It seems on the surface like people are buying AMC because they truly think it'll come back and be a good stock to have. But, I mean, this is just more of the "pump and dump (for lack of a better term)" thing right? To the moon!

It just seems like the gamestop short is a pretty unique situation, and I'm wondering (in dumb dumb terms) how similar AMC's situation truly is?

AMC isn't in short squeeze territory, there is only like 13% shorted or something at least last week watching Youtube dudes on their fancy computer and trading setups.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

GABA ghoul posted:

if you actually go with the wsb consensus narrative that the hedge funds haven't closed their position yet then all the grifting up to now has been predatory poo poo of a few people enriching themselves at the expense of the many while the funds are just sitting by and watching.

Wait, if the funds still have to buy the stock back, isn't that a good thing for holders? Like it does have 'real' value in that they need to eventually buy back 140 percent of all the stock.

Also, if the government bails them or the banks out I will be soooo pissed. "Too big to fail" well if you fail you fail, not our problem!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
3rd business day after the day of deposit, if deposit is received by 4 p.m. ET

That is from ETrade, I deposited before 4 PM on Friday, that means Wednesday right? Wish it was Tuesday to buy into whatever happens tomorrow! I am well aware many idiots are going to lose a lot of money, I'll be in with them most likely, but I expect to lose it all, and that can't even happen if I don't short sell, lol 'elite bankers'! And it is a money to 'have fun with' if I lose it IDK but will be mad!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Flannelette posted:

Also it's weird that "reddit is pumping up silver" is being pushed by everyone except reddit.

I view 4 subs a day and then 'popular'. One of the popular posts was WSB saying basically 'the media is lying to you about silver to protect GME'! I actually have a bit of Silver stacked and am happy, but I am never going to sell, well there is a point I doubt we will get there. At least I am richer on paper.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Not anymore! The covers were mostly covered and it is in free fall, sad!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Glad it took time for my deposit to clear on E*Trade or I would have been down big already! I majored in accounting and minored in finance but haven't done anything with it, researching and getting ready for tomorrow. I think you don't have any capital gains until you actually sell the stocks right? I could be up big, put a stop to sell in if it goes below X and ignore it, that is paper profit and not an actualized gain, correct?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
GME was too rich for my blood. If AMC tanks I want to get in to hold longish term. The memes got me to open an account but now I am really excited, been THIS close to trading before and even studied the whole FOREX thing so know technical analysis, I'll try to remember you guys when I am filthy rich!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Finished up 2.6% today. Bought 50 of 2 stocks to hold, then f'ed around with AMC, got in at 8.98 could have got out at like 9.70, set a limit at price paid and it got sold, bought back in and made 10 cents so cool!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hmm, seems the problem with day trading is you need to have a TON of money in your account to move in and out of stocks. I bought (not AMC) early yesterday, sold it, then bought it again, that was fine, but then when I sold it again right before close the money is now 'unavailable' for 2 days because it was unsettled because of the 2 purchases.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
AMC below 8 been falling all day!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
In the end the play is to short AMC and GME, I don't have that risk tolerance for unlimited loss or know if ETrade lets you do it, but the hedgies have won.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Trading is a wild ride alright! I wanted to sell my 10 AMC 'stonks' before the weekend but then I would have been eaten a probe from ETrade for selling 'unsettled' stocks, they would have let me do it though! I've been telling people I committed an SEC violation to look cool. Out of all the meme stocks on Monday, selling off everything and starting over, lost 10 bux realized and 10 unrealized if I sold right now. Gonna hold my DRRX, the one I picked myself and think actually is a good company. Investing is best left to professionals. Gonna check out the long term thread and move everything to something stable.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Someone said to me itt it was speculation and probably degenerate gambling. I agree. BUT, if you 'bet' you lose everything, I can only lose as much as I want to and set up for with stops. Also anyone like BLOK?!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Got out of AMC at 6.88 good for a cool 13 cent per share profit, and was really lucky because I put in a limit to sell at 6.85 and thought it missed me as the stock went crashing, but it updated later now 6.25 lol

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
SNDL to the moon! In at 1.14x average or less idk I sold 100 earlier at 1.48 because it was on a run. 1.81 now in after hours. Speaking of after hours, how much money or certs do you need to trade after hours?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Sammus posted:

I picked up 500 shares at 1.34 this morning because weed has been good to me. It was a good move.

I’m also holding some APHA and some MJ, both of which are doing significantly better than GME. Weed’s the future.

Sold mine at 2.05X the literal bottom, sad! Oh well now I know they have been higher than this before so will try to get back in on a downtrend as a long hold!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Now I post in the 'real' stock trading thread and am up, slightly. But thank the ETrade for their delay on taking deposits, opened the account watching a Youtube stream and wanted in on AMC BAD at $15 with the 'short squeeze' lol. Since then won and lost 400 on weed stocks, life is good!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He, and the rest of them did nothing wrong. gently caress hedgies and the SEC, Melvin, RH and whoever I missed. One day friends we will take out the Banksters and make them eat Trillions, not just Billions! (Semi Ironically posted, the last sentence, I think, hey it's after hours!)

Snipe out to the retailers trying to learn and make a killing!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Shouldn't have to do poo poo! GME and AMC got me into the game, wasn't dumb enough to do anything but swing AMC once or twice for a SICK 2-3 bux profit. Now I am here and learning, so love them, not biased! The usual reasons, and manipulation, whatever, time for Donny to stop posting tonight!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yahoo Finance says this is bullish short, medium, AND long term, certainly time to buy! 1 year estimate: $13.44. See you dorks on the moon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Fame Douglas posted:

Retail investor interest in Gamestop doesn't seem sustainable either way, especially with the company going under in a hurry.

If only they were smart like AMC and could get one of their debt holders or other vendors to take over priced shares instead of money!