Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricBalchunas/status/1354187341582233611

Pretty krad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I have an extremely dumb question. Does Gamestop themselves actually benefit from this at all? Like, can they renovate more stores or something because their stock went up? Or is that not work stocks work?

I'd imagine quite a few form 4's will be coming out from the insiders in the next week or so, but to answer your question, yes, this influx will allow them the runway to re-pivot to the online marketplace they've been wanting to capture just like steam and epic have been successful on and, eventually, additionally turn their retail spots into e-sports arenas.

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

Some larger percentage holders attend shareholder meetings and have a number of votes tied in to what the company does because they, uh, own a portion of the company.

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

feelix posted:

I looked up shareholder meetings and it doesn't seem like there's any actual voting, just non-binding complaining. Even if there was voting, how would the logistics of it work regarding a large number of redditors holding a small stake each?

Look up dilution next. It may blow your mind!

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

feelix posted:

I understand that if the company issues new shares, they get an influx of cash, but they didn't do that, did they?

They have not, which is why the hedge funds involved are in such trouble. Look, it's really complicated and only trusted experts should be allowed to trade
these commodities, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

money making game
Feb 14, 2003

feelix posted:

Are you like a finance forum superstar seizing your chance for GBS glory or something?

I'm well aware there is absolutely no value in that.