Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JUNGLE BOY VS FTR MAN 58 71.60%
Britt vs The National Front Disco 2 2.47%
Eddie vs Archer 7 8.64%
Bullet Club vs Dark Order 14 17.28%
Total: 81 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We got an extended scene where they played Tarzan Boy over it, AEW is doing it's work.

Alaois posted:

RIHO RETURNS

Also gently caress yeah it's so good.

:hook:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hook has such great dirtbag energy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW is a promotion about families.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

HOT! New Memes posted:

I asked this earlier but didn’t get an answer.

Did they do Kips bachelor party? I could have swore it was promoted and Miro was hyping it but I can not recall them doing anything with it and now the wedding is on next week show.

AEW did not air a segment out of a Kip Sabian bachelor party, only Miro meeting noted video game personality that people hate for some reason Billy Mitchell asking for advice on how to make it memorable.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Oh man I didn't even notice that.

I think that's the first time he's been referred to as "GM". He's definitely gonna become an on-screen character soon.

I'd have to look into it, but I'm pretty sure he's been referred to as GM Tony Khan when booking matches to save space in tweets before.

Jordan7hm posted:

Yep. The story wasn’t working so they canned it.

I joke that Gamer Miro hasn't changed and people are just liking the gamer now, but he has deffo stepped off the gas on pitching things that gel with the WWF's style guide but less so with AEW's. And segments like the Billy Mitchell one were pretty on it for what I think of when I think of the wwf style guide not working in AEW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There should be an oil painting of Shad Khan at various publicly visible locations around Daily's Place like in a government building.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also I super like running back the Archer/Kingston match because the first one got blanked out and using a natural stipulation with the match that has some cool storyline potential for the match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Drawfee has taught me the cool S is eternal.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
And I thought I had some hot takes about KiLynn King, there are some nuclear takes right now.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Someone here made the joke of him having to do the boston crab as a finish that made me lol.

Lamuella posted:

Miro making Charles wrestle matches using only a Young Lion moveset would have been a pretty good bit.

Look at these fools not knowing the Chuck Taylor deep lore. Taylor would use a single leg boston crab, the move with which he made Bryan Danielson tap out with.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
This was what the Young Bucks said on BTE yesterday, yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hate the bullet club's carnie speak so much.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I feel like the Bucks winning is a red herring, but I also felt that way about FTR winning the tag belts so AEW has really messed with my brain with the Young Bucks. Outside guess, Heel Private Party?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

I figured as much from the context. Just a little joke, without the history it was really the only bit I got bored with. Possibly because I hate looking at Cody Rhodes's face.

At least that distracts you from looking at Cody Rhodes' neck!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

Taz's son, the kid in the hoodie who was beating up the guys at the merch table. He's a bit of a subforum mascot because he's a scowling brat.

Also his dad took him out of his wrestling school to homeschool him because Taz got mad at Cody Rhodes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Have they mentioned a date for the women's tournament yet, or if it's going to be on Dynamite or YouTube? Feels like each time they've mentioned it on TV it's been a vague "this is happening soon!" kind of thing with no concrete details other than the first match.

It was announced as existing two weeks ago and the first match was announced last week.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

was hook the one who threw the dude in to the side of the merch truck? that was my favorite part of the last episode

Hook was the kid in the hoodie during that beat down.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

what's the deal with Don Callis? I enjoyed the joke about him being beaten up by the young bucks. what's the deal there between them and the good brothers?

So Don Callis is a guy from Canada who used to be a wrestler in the 80s and 90s. He has a family connection to Kenny Omega through an uncle who managed Don Callis when Callis was active, Omega being nominally "in charge" of the wrestling faction loosely called either The Elite or Bullet Club depending on the day or the source. Gallows and Anderson were in the Bullet Club with Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks before getting poached from the company that owns the Bullet Club (New Japan Pro Wrestling) in 2016, and they have spent basically four years in the wildness of working for the wwf before getting fired during the start of the COVID pandemic and heading to Impact Wrestling. Impact Wrestling is managed by Don Callis and owned by a Canadian TV failson.

Don Callis helped Kenny Omega win the AEW World title from Jon Moxley and they fled to Impact where The Good Brothers won the Impact Tag titles and reformed a group of guys originally in the Bullet Club together but without the explicit consent of New Japan. The Good Brothers basically act like the Bullet Club of 2016, full of dick jokes and dumb carnie speak while the Young Bucks have kind of grown up by producing a show called All In, which was a hugely successful fully independent wrestling show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

When are they going to get to the Jordynne Grace factory?

Jordynne Grace works for another company, and is not part of the cross promotional storyline in any capacity as of yet. So I'd assume never and be pleasantly surprised if she appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3957928
Next Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3957960

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 4, 2021