Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

That whole episode was just bananas yeah. I really appreciate this podcast's willingness to take big risks and then just live in the consequences, you never really know what's going to happen (or sometimes, which game they'll be playing) week to week.

The ending of the last episode killed me. First with Anthony's sudden realization of how absurdly broken D&D magic is and how it wrecks even basic scenarios, then the brilliant outsmarting the DM move blows up in Freddie's face by trying to be too clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"I punch Infinite Jest," made me laugh way too hard.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Y'all when Anthony asked for Glenn's HP and he said like 92 I was sure he was dead. Wouldn't have even been mad, totally worth it.

I thought that Anthony was going to do it toward the end with Willy parting on "I've got one more thing to say..."

Probably should have done it just to really nail Willy's shithead villain role even if he would have to DM ex machina out of it afterward.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I've attempted to listen to the Adventure Zone from time to time and I just find the McElroys painfully unfunny. And I found Critical Role to just be dull as dishwater.

Since it sounds like Daddies is moving into the endgame of their campaign, I wonder how they're going to handle their next one. The title kind of locks them into a theme, but that would be kind of boring to just repeat the same concepts...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Just connected to the live event and they're playing the geology album.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Soysaucebeast posted:

That live show was amazing. I think Anthony was about to straight up murder Will at one point (and Will about to murder Beth at a different one). I've stayed up entirely too late, but it was totally worth it.

Also I loved everyone in the discord that had never heard the Rock's Rock album and went from 0 to Beth's verse in The Rock Cycle and then Cummingtonite.

The adventure went off the rails hard, fast and never recovered. I wonder how much planning got thrown in the trash...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Maybe it's me, but I'm starting to think Willie is a lovely dad.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Holy poo poo, he hosed them.

I wonder how many "deez nuts" lines were planned in case they didn't go with "dragon".

Also, LOL at getting head of Vecna'ed. Okay, not as fatal (initially :v:), but getting players to gently caress themselves so you can gently caress them is beautiful.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 8, 2021

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

eke out posted:

continue listening to this one after the credits lol

So... uh... that sure was a sequel hook.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea plus it sounded like he genuinely was swerved by the pocket dimension trick and decided to roll with it to reward creativity. I have a feeling Willie was meant to be a way bigger part of the fight before he got fish-hooked into the fuckoff box. I can see why he went with it, though, it was a good climactic end to have everyone working together with Ron telling him to gently caress off and all even if it wasn't the big magic fight Anthony likely planned.

And if you leave a villain alive, they can always come back for the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I wouldn't blame anyone for skipping over the episode on the feed today since talking about a show is something that can be really boring, but they revealed the premise for the second campaign: they're not playing as the dads again, they're playing as their kids' children. So it's a safe bet that it's going to be some kind of post-Doodler-pocalyptic storyline.