Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Most of my experience with alibaba has lead me to believe that the party should have made apublic example out of Ma and that the whole thing is a scam because that entire site is worse than wothless and can't have any value, at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

kntfkr posted:

Most of my experience with alibaba has lead me to believe that the party should have made apublic example out of Ma and that the whole thing is a scam because that entire site is worse than wothless and can't have any value, at all.

the entire class of ali-grade goods (also filling up Amazon with "brands" like HURGHULGHADY) is the worst, but sometimes there are things you can only get on aliexpress at affordable prices for whatever reason, like a lot of specialized electronics tools where the only choice is the aliexpress one for $20-$300 (depending on what it is) or the well made one for thousands of dollars

e: like this is a legit good EPROM programmer, but aliexpress is so full of bad ones you have to know exactly what you're looking for: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...earchweb201603_

d0s fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 14, 2021

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Would it even be possible to win a lawsuit against a factory in China? I'd assume the legal environment would make that difficult. Or was the vendor based in the US?

The vendor I dealt with was US based with a "production facility" in China. I had initially contacted them because I thought their entire manufacturing operation was in the US as they were a DoD contractor and for some customers we needed to have a TAA supplier. When they told me the parts would be made in China I changed lanes because of the "more Chinese production" mandate we had been given.

The funniest thing about that whole time period was either when I gave them a scalable drawing and told them to give me the L=24 or whatever version of the part and they produced an EXACT 1:1 replica of the drawing instead or when they sent me a bunch of mock-up parts made out of nylon. Everything we made was metal, usually A36, so I had no idea what they were trying to prove with those pieces.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Actual thursday meeting "Ok, but is there anyway you can sell less?"

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Barudak posted:

Always don't be closing

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

av paid for by the firensd of lowtax spine foundation

, you flithy pig

Barudak posted:

Maybe if I got a raise.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

I mean, normal companies expect people to sell more with less time, then reduce their pay.
Maybe in this bizarro world that OP has entered, a raise is possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

Don't get your pen, son, you won't be needing that. My order's simple, a shitload of dim sims. And I want a bucket of soya sauce.

nexus6 posted:

Does anyone know what Zscaler is and if it's gonna report that I spend time on dead gay comedy forums during work hours?

We resell this at my company, it’s a cloud based proxy that can be used for content filtering, blocking dodgy links or IPs, and while they’re probably not using it to spy on you, the option is there for them to get reports on what you do on the internet.

It can be used to provide an always-on VPN, but most of our clients just use the SSL VPN provided with their Sophos firewalls and just use Zscaler for security and monitoring.

Unless they’ve blocked this particular dead gay comedy forum you should be fine, the way the admin dashboard is laid out by default makes it more useful for identifying bandwidth hogs.

Bargearse fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 15, 2021