Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Before getting my rear end fired for not wanting to get COVID-19 "to save the economy", my boss would send me messages at 2:00 am asking me for urgent pirated designs. No I didn't get a big bonus for my effort when they kicked me out, they even discounted me a lot like 80% of what I was supposed to get.

Katamari Democracy posted:

My previous job that I recently got laid off from was a terrible company that loved to gossip and use me as a scapegoat. Two weeks before I got laid off I had Covid and went to the hospital due to severe chest pains and vomiting. Once I was recovered and I called asking if I can return to work I got a letter in the mail the next day on my separation papers.

E- The rest is meh

Hahahaha. I got really sick before the roni pandemia blew up. They wanted me back in the office even if I wasn't 100% well yet. Everyone in my former workplace got sick, one guy nearly died. They act as it wasn't a big deal. They also make everyone work full hours and more even if it is forbidden, wish I had good proof to snitch on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Thia happened a month ago, but my boss sending me a message at 8:00 am asking me be at that same day's 8:00 am meeting.

Anyway, I was mentally like gently caress you sir and did my usual morning routine and arrived at my usual hour. The meeting was still on going. It was a meeting about nothing. All they did was one of those "how many money do you all envision to earn??? You can do it with a lot of hard work effort yay!" talks.

I stopped going to their meetings lol

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

They didn't pay for the internet, again. :lol:

Yet my boss keeps flaunting on the whatsapp group about how much money and sales the company is making and how many rich clients they have now. (it's an insurance company).

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My boss tricked me to come to work at 8:00 am. "We got a meeting with this important client!!!"
I got there, there was no meeting and then he told me that he needed several logo proposals at 11:00 am, because that's when we are really having the meeting (no meeting, i'm sitting here falling asleep alone).

Then got mad when I told him that I couldn't promise a good looking logo and you can't do that poo poo on a whim. I don't even know what the gently caress the client needs.

So I just did whatever. Downloaded vectors from the internet and used whatever I could find in dafont.

THEN he got mad when the proposals and the presentation (oooh he wanted a presentation too!) looked like poo poo.

lol Can't wait to find a new job and get the hell out of here.

Edit: He HAD entire WEEKS to ask for the proposals. ffs.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I'm leaving my workplace and not looking back. Literally walking out.

I discovered they have been saying that I don't work. How the hell am I suppose to work if they can't pay the internet services? What the hell do they expect if they come asking for designs and logos one hour before a presentation? Or don't give me the information of the poo poo they need until weeks later, and just the same day they urgently need it.

The other day the owner's son asked me to do a power point presentation. I was like...what in the gently caress? He went on to sit down on the next room to play some videogame instead. The guy is an adult, a "lawyer", and he can't be bothered to do a loving power point presentation.

So, instead of talking with me,like adults, and see what's up with those rumors. They are trying to spy on me, trick me so they can check my personal phone messages, dying to see what I have on my personal laptop. Or they suddenly storm into my tiny office space and leave a second later, as if trying to catch me doing something shady.

Anyway, I talked to an old boss...waiting for her to call back and see if she wants me back on her printing company. I'm also waiting for a doctor to confirm, she's in the middle of an union campaign and is interested in having me as a designer and pseudo-community manager. GOD, I hope I get anything. lol

gently caress that place.

By the way, I spent a whole 10 days begging to be paid. Their first excuse, "Oh...we dunno what happened there, everyone got paid already. we are checking things." And final excuse: "we thought you weren't working, so we weren't paying you. But we see it' not true, our bad!"

gently caress off.

gently caress the gently caress off.
I go every single day, trying not to be late, doing whatever they want, working my rear end with their "urgent" designs, and they only buy on rumors and whatever.

So, mad. Me mad. haha.

Anyway, the whole company smelled of pyramid scheme-ish anyway.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Splicer posted:

Da Share Z0ne approves

Someone send the admin my quote so they can make a rad pic.
lol

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

To end this with a good note, I got a new temporary job yesterday.

Home office, with the doctor I had mentioned. I'll be working on her campaign for union president, and well, if she wins and likes the poo poo I do, there's a chance that I'm made part of her team. A six year contract :sparkles:

Wish me luck, goons!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Is it normal for a couple of engineering geologists to be advisors in a printing company? :psyduck:

Because that is happening in my workplace.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Computer viking posted:

We have a veterinarian writing analysis code, so as long as they do a reasonable job, :shrug:

Yeah, I get that...I'm literally doing a bit of lovely interior design for stores at times. Which is not really my forte. :lol:

But that's the thing that has tickled a lot of people at the workplace...they only do some halfassed Google Form every blue moon and call it a day. Call themselves professional coders or something like that. The IT guy has been a bit grumpy about it.

Same goes with the guy in charge of social media. Got me and an unpaid intern to literally do all the job while he collects his check. Well, last Monday the intern left, because internship was over...so...he hasn't uploaded any of the graphics I made for Facebook/Instagram, there has been zero content for a week. :shrug:

But hey...at least I'm getting paid! Not like my last job. With the guy that went to Morocco while claiming his company wasn't earning enough money.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

It gets mentioned every time the topic pops up but you US people need to rise up and demand a humane amount of time off.

Average here is 30 days of PTO, plus 12 days of national holidays, sick time is unlimited, tho only 6 weeks are paid by the employer, after that its 70% paid by health insurance iirc.

My country finally changed the days off from 3 after your first year to 12. So one of my coworkers is surprised he has 20 days of vacations next year. That only happened with people who had been working more than a decade in the same place.

There is also the talks to have our work hours trimmed down. Turns out Mexico was like the third or second country with more work hours.

Sick days are still kinda limited tho. :smith:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

KariOhki posted:

I'm not even sure the fridges at my workplace have space for lunchboxes, every time I look in there it's just full of booze.

This instead of booze is several half empty 2 liter coca-cola bottles.

We also got fridge thieves and I was told that once it got so bad that someone tried to catch the thief by spiking a coke bottle with one of the many printing chemicals we got around.

It worked. The thief drank nearly the whole bottle and ended up in the hospital.

I dunno if this also counts as OSHA violation or attempted murder.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Outrail posted:

Unwanted advice as you pull out of that hellhole: She's going to try and get information from you and make you agree to poo poo you don't want. Have firm boundaries in your head as to what you will and won't do or tell her.

I had people from my past job suddenly texting me and asking for designs, and just casually dropping the "Where are you working now?" "How much do you make?"

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

From the workplace where there was an attempted murder comes "the architect is electrocuting himself, again".

I forgot to mention this one, but even if it was quite a dangerous event, we...kinda found it funny. Anyway, there's a new area being built, like a tiny set of offices, sitting between the workshop, the warehouse and next to the printing area I'm currently in. They hired this architect for it. Who happens to be my boss' friend. The whole place seems to be a hazard trap or something as an one day electric line was catching fire and we got a lot of smoke everywhere. poo poo was stopped, fixed,everyone lived. Days after that, as I was in my desk dealing with work I noticed the lights started flickering BAD (We all panic whenever that happens because we don't want all the plotters to get hosed up by an outage)- Well, it stopped and we all resumed our activities.

It was days later that I found out what really happened, via office gossiping. It turns out, the architect and one of the workshop guys were checking some power lines, the architect in his infinite wisdom, decide to grip those with his bare hands. It turns out it was a live line. It was described to me that he was literally shaking like it happens in a comedy. And by some miracle the guy was able to let go of the line.

Then I was told it happened again. Once again -I got no idea if that same day, or days later- the architect went and reached for the same line, and once again he was electrocuting himself. As it was described to me, this time there was smoke coming out of him. Thankfully, he was able to release the line again.

So far the guy seems to be doing okay. I hope so. Between flooding and fires, people getting poisoned and electrocuted, I honestly dunno how we all have managed to survive!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Actually, there are (or were) bats living in the fake ceiling... :sweatdrop:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

His Divine Shadow posted:

Depends on traffic, I have a 20-25 minute commute on an empty country road, it's quite relaxing, listen to radio or an audiobook.

It will never compare to 30 minutes in a packed van with a lot of traffic at 40°C, while a 4 year old is throwing up all over the floor and the guy next to you is clearly drunk at 8:30 am.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

Oh, I'm familiar with people wanting the most insane things for personal use when a very basic laptop or mini-PC would do everything they want.

Oh, the CNC router guy keeps doing that. He asks our IT for the fastest and most expensive laptops and PCs when all he does is simple linear vector designs on Corel Draw (And watch a lot of youtube)

Thankfully the IT guy only nods, "makes" a mental note and ignores his requests.

Until the manager gets convinced.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The issue is when the others who have been asking for better poo poo (the whole graphic design team) gets nothing because the boss spent the bucks on the cnc router guy.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

I dunno how a consensual non consent router works, but it sounds wasteful.

noisily and slowly.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

My company is proud to announce its ERP, and has positions open.

Its not Enterprise Resource Planning

I know people with good professional experience in ERP.

Where do I sign up?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Smart poo poo my work did: Fire the guy who was constantly asking for new and expensive computers, for sexually harassment an intern. (He was 10 years older than her). And a sloppy very laughable industrial espionage.

Dumb poo poo my work did: I am now in charge of his area. I have to deal with the graphic design team, and now the guy operating the laser cut thing, and a few of the guys working on the workshop and that operate the router. I am expected to know how to make and design furniture and poo poo like that. I am 100% unqualified for it, but for some reason one of the consultants has the firm belief I am a magical industrial designer.

I got a small raise.

But still, not worth the new load of work. Heh. But considering that my sister is still battling her cancer, and finding a decently paid work is hard, I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to make a file cabinet from scratch :lol:

Anyway, I also got no files of the past work the guy who got fired made. He always deleted everything.

Oh, and happy New Year!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its the only photo I've got, it was gone when I came back.

I'm so sorry for your curse.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My workplace in a nutshell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I want to be a consultant

The ones at my workplace earn the triple and spend the whole day drinlking coffee and watching the business fall apart.