Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

zoom meetings for "self care" which is an hour of listening to people bitch. I usually gamble on horses in another tab during these.

In the grand scheme of things, this is the most trivial poo poo, but we have a cohort of office catladies who were aggressively demanding more (like, daily) social zoom meetings because they "miss being in the office". Which is to actually say that they miss gossiping past each other about things they watched on tv, things their cat did, and exciting anecdotes about people no-one in the office has ever met. This is particularly annoying, because I'm actually in a great position in terms of working from home since everything I do is personal client based, and if I clear everything by lunch then I can (unofficially) sleep through the afternoon. I cannot confirm nor deny resorting to fighting fire with fire by finding other members of the team who are excited to talk about Great Goals Of The 90s (hot tip: this is also a fun way to annoy people in the soccer forum) and also Weird Goth Bullshit, until ultimately the demand for hour-long calls to discuss Peter Beardsley and Ed Gein started to subside.

note: please do not point out that the moral of my story is that I made a bunch of cool friends out of spite in order to troll lonely people during a global pandemic, that would be quite rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the corona quid posted:

We implemented a whole lean management philosophy because our CEO took a tour of a Toyota factory and was amazed that every worker knew exactly what to do (nothing we do even remotely resembles manufacturing or is standardizable so it just broke all our workflows)

In the end, Toyota's greatest victory wasn't in selling more cars than anyone else, it was in designing bespoke solutions to industry specific problems in a way that somehow convinced a generation of middle-managers to cargo cult themselves into believing that they too were making a product with thousands of components, an integrated supply chain, inelastic demand, and in places with astronomical land values

Oh, your factory does nothing but assemble toilet brushes in rural Poland? Better have no more than ten brush heads and ten handles on site at any one time, for the sake of efficiency