Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

We're getting inundated with optional DEI and wellness seminars lately (all via Zoom). I assume this is common everywhere right now, but I had to share this one from a neighboring department. It's for dealing with workplace crises (how to help clients/coworkers who are dealing with emotional distress, suicidal ideation, panic attacks, and potential domestic abuse), which is fine I guess. Typical seminar. But it's two hours on Saturday, and it costs the attendee $25. They want you to pay them money to work overtime on the weekend so that you can personally address workplace issues. Someone else must have thought this was ridiculous, because now the department's offering to pay for it lol.

Lol! Yes, I will pay to come to work on a Saturday, thank you for this opertunity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Spread petrol everywhere and set the place on fire, imho

I've gotten shouted at at work precisely once, and its weird how it taps into your "getting shouted at by a parent" system. I always hoped I'd shout back, but I just got worried and felt guilty.

Olewithmilk fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 19, 2021

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

The default ‘approximate match’ setting on VLOOKUP has absolutely hosed everyone who has ever used it. Whoever implemented that is a complete rear end in a top hat

They really are. I've been close to loving myself many times with that, as someone who knows VLOOKUP and associated magics but gets asked to do it maybe once a year.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

gently caress SNEEP posted:

One of the things I worked on at work had a piece of set that definitely had a goatse look to it. I never brought it up because there's no way in hell I'm gonna explain goatse to 50 people.

One of the task steps we use on our assets is 'assembly' which got shortened to 'rear end' so a bunch of files have 'rear end' in their name. They also decided to shorten my groups name 'Pipeline' to 'PP' for our directories. Thanks y'all!!!

PP...PP for my rear end file.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I volunteered to help someone at short notice at work, like an idiot, late last week. Doing something I don't usually do and what turned out to be quite a big job. Whatever, I started doing it. Friday, the boss who i volunteered to help gets sick and doesn't come in. Over the weekend I get sick, Monday I get told by numerous people to log off by lunch because I look that bad and the boss is still not in.

I get the work done to what I think is a reasonable standard a day early and post a link to the file so people could change it if they want to, explaining I'm logging off because I'm ill. I load up my email this morning to re-arrange meetings happening today because I'm still ill and see I have numerous emails and missed phone calls from the boss's boss asking me to change things about the work. You get paid multiple tens of thousands of dollars more than me, you can't read your emails?! When I reply to them saying I can't do what they went, they say 'these things happen, maybe someone else of your level can make these changes?' As if I'm supposed to find someone else to do it.

Get hosed, Jesus christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

McGavin posted:

"Maybe."

That is exactly what I wanted to write. Then again, maybe not, seeing as though no one else 'of my level' volunteered to help in the first place, including people who should actually be doing it.