Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

I just realized that Kumoko, voiced by Aoi Yuki, will be a character in Isekai Quartet. This is a Kodakawa property, so it's definitely going to happen.

No idea how it will actually work, though, seeing as how she cannot speak. I guess they'll figure something out.

Aqua probably speaks fluent spider, if only because only being able to speak to Aqua is arguably worse than not being able to speak to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

I just realized that Kumoko, voiced by Aoi Yuki, will be a character in Isekai Quartet. This is a Kodakawa property, so it's definitely going to happen.

No idea how it will actually work, though, seeing as how she cannot speak. I guess they'll figure something out.

It will be her making squeeking noices while the other Aoi Yuki voice character (tanya) translates for her.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Holy crap the anime is showing the other students already? That is really jarring for manga readers. Interesting, I liked the approach in the manga (mostly because the wait for the good stuff is already terrible without tangents)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I am imagine we will catch up with or get very close to the manga by the end of the season.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How many episodes is this season supposed to have?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Something like 24 since it's two cour.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
What even is a cour these days? 13 episodes? 12? 10?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

Three months worth of weekly episodes, the exact number depends on the script and how many baseball games there are.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Adams posted:

Generally, and to simplify somewhat:
  • 1 cour = 10-13 episodes
  • 2 cours= 22-26 episodes
  • 3 cours= 33-39 episodes
  • 4 cours= 48-54 episodes

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It will be her making squeeking noices while the other Aoi Yuki voice character (tanya) translates for her.

And it will be Aoi Yuki making squeaking noises, because that's yet another thing she's good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW2iED_L6U

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Watching Spider Anime with Fiance. She knows nothing about spider

Even she goes "Wtf are they skipping things in this? stuff doesn't make sense."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

lagidnam posted:

So a longer video version of the ED is out and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pQ_sGcNg4&t=166s

:staredog:

I don't know who is responsible for all of this but they deserve a raise.

Karaoke version, when?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Karaoke version, when?
Is this good enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwF8q90VWrc

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Omnicrom posted:

And it will be Aoi Yuki making squeaking noises, because that's yet another thing she's good at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW2iED_L6U
That's bird warcry noises to you, buddy. :colbert:

Seriously though, she's crazy talented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XqR4D8IgFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsYgZKCHLIk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtKHt4GzRMs

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Huh, I didn't know she had a part on Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai. I suppose those are good places for future voice actors to make debuts though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

As I said before, her appearance at the Nier Automata dinner show was a delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8jBVru6z4Q.

I can't find the full version, but she had the most obsessive fan questions and everything.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1356528350446170113

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1357532676421545984

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
That church girl with the green eyes seems to be a very stable person that's never going to be a problem for anybody...

I also feel like the anime is starting to drag it's feet a little bit. As great as Aoi Yuuki is, the spider is sitting in the same cave for 5 episodes now, doing the same thing every time. I couldn't care less about any of the humans and putting a cliffhanger at the end of the episode doesn't help with that either.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

lagidnam posted:

I also feel like the anime is starting to drag it's feet a little bit.

As a light novel reader, I feel like the anime is rocketing forward through this plot with reckless abandon. Lot of important bits are being passed over. It's fine, though, they're getting to the good stuff that much faster.

The show seems to be getting better with each episode. Kumoko was very expressive this time, and scenes in lava land actually looked pretty good.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

lagidnam posted:

That church girl with the green eyes seems to be a very stable person that's never going to be a problem for anybody...

Yep, and I'm confident Kumoko's skill choices are definitely never going to come back to haunt her.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Whats the most convenient way of capturing gifs, because there's a lot of neat giffable moments each episode.

lagidnam posted:

I also feel like the anime is starting to drag it's feet a little bit. As great as Aoi Yuuki is, the spider is sitting in the same cave for 5 episodes now, doing the same thing every time. I couldn't care less about any of the humans and putting a cliffhanger at the end of the episode doesn't help with that either.

On the contrary this episode was wonderful for actually slowing the gently caress down; it felt fast even compared to the manga.

I love the more deliberately paced moments of Kumoko actually mulling over her skills and considering her surroundings, plus battles that feature more of the tactical elements I love this series for.

And oh poo poo dang, church girl was originally a isekai'd classmate? That's rough. It's not often we get a Isekai where like, some characters just don't actually adapt because of the culture shock or just not coming to terms with dying or being transported. Now and Then, Here and There was kinda like that.

I think from the fact that they do put a lot of effort into the animation, designs and facial expressions of the classmates I'm increasingly liking them as something of an intermission; and I like that the series seems to actually be doing something with them in parallel to Kumoko's struggles.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Maxwell Adams posted:

As a light novel reader, I feel like the anime is rocketing forward through this plot with reckless abandon. Lot of important bits are being passed over. It's fine, though, they're getting to the good stuff that much faster.

The show seems to be getting better with each episode. Kumoko was very expressive this time, and scenes in lava land actually looked pretty good.

Yeah, if this is a 2 cour season than we should be ahead of the manga by the time the first cour ends.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the contrary this episode was wonderful for actually slowing the gently caress down; it felt fast even compared to the manga.

As someone who has read neither the manga nor the LNs and has no point of comparison I'll say I have no real problems with the show's pacing so far. In fact I agree that I enjoyed it for slowing down a little bit compared to last one, though again, I have no point of comparison to the source material.

This episode was nice because it was the first one which wasn't just completely terrible in all respects for Kumoko. After the incredibly intense battle with the monkeys it looks like she's finally moving up a bit in the world, she was able to easily kill a new monster, and finally got a decent meal. Having downtime in your series after a really intense set piece makes a lot of sense just for pacing reason so the audience doesn't get exhausted (and I really wish someone had told the writers of the new Digimon season that, but I digress.)

Also, like I said before, the only person on side Fire Emblem I care about is Fei so good for them for setting her up for a future story beat while at the same time giving a little bit of context to the other storyline and presumably foreshadowing for what's going to happen with Kumoko.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The things happening here also allude to something that's not revealed until much later iirc. These are happening asynchronously

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Gyges posted:

So did everyone get reincarnated as babies, or did some of them do the whole 15 year old suddenly remembers their past life thing? I ask because it looks like it might be that the spider and other classmates stuff is chronologically out of order. I say that because I have a hunch that the dragon egg she came across is actually the girl who used to bully her. Also because she just hatched last week or whatever while the teacher has already found 11 students and they're all pretty adjusted to their new life.

This episode mentioned Yuri being raised into a zealot, so it seems they are born into the world with their previous identity and don't just take over a body.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well this skill sounds dangerous, but it makes the number go up so can it really be that bad?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

Well this skill sounds dangerous, but it makes the number go up so can it really be that bad?

Every D&D player in a nutshell.

"Yes this item might very well be cursed, but it does an extra 1d8 necrotic damage!!!!"

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Every D&D player in a nutshell.

"Yes this item might very well be cursed, but it does an extra 1d8 necrotic damage!!!!"

I could prestige into a Bear Warrior, but Frenzied Berserker gets +6 STR!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I imagine the line was in the original novel, but hearing Aoi Yuuki talk about how if someone offered her the chance to be a magical girl she'd totally do it just made me :allears:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Super Jay Mann posted:

I imagine the line was in the original novel, but hearing Aoi Yuuki talk about how if someone offered her the chance to be a magical girl she'd totally do it just made me :allears:

Hahaha she's Madoka too right?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Hahaha she's Madoka too right?

And Tanya the Evil. And Lysithea from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

(And Pascal from Nier, but that's less relevant.)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

chiasaur11 posted:

And Tanya the Evil. And Lysithea from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

(And Pascal from Nier, but that's less relevant.)

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but I don't think either Tanya or Pascal were magical girls... I think the point as to what makes that scene funny is because of the actor allusion to her other notable magical girl roles.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't know anything about Fire Emblem, but I don't think either Tanya or Pascal were magical girls... I think the point as to what makes that scene funny is because of the actor allusion to her other notable magical girl roles.

Tanya's a magical girl. Just an... unconventional one. And Lysithea's known for having the best magic stats in the game.

Madoka's the biggest allusion, but someone as prolific as Aoi Yuuki has more than one magical girl role in her CV.

(Including Madoka parodies, naturally.)

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

chiasaur11 posted:

Tanya's a magical girl. Just an... unconventional one. And Lysithea's known for having the best magic stats in the game.

Madoka's the biggest allusion, but someone as prolific as Aoi Yuuki has more than one magical girl role in her CV.

She was also the lead in Symphogear and the currently airing season of Pretty Cure. So yeah, that is an amazingly on the nose line for Aoi Yuki to say.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I think it's a bit of a reach to think of Tanya as a magical girl but Symphogear definitely fits.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Decided to do a little Reddit browsing, apparently the line in the LN is "If a little white demon came up to me right now and said, “Make a contract with me and become a magical girl,” I’d totally say yes at this point."

So it pretty blatantly was meant to be even more of a Madoka reference, which is even more :allears: to me.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh so it's just loving kismet that it's Aoi Yuuki then. That's fantastic.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
She's also Shuten-Douji (caster) in FGO which is a huge homage to magical girls in particular.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Our protagonist has unlocked the most essential isekai power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Cool episode today. The plot thickens.

Episode Spoilers/Discussion:

Another round of combat and this time I think is where we're starting to see where the advantages of a animated medium might help make the series really shine in taking liberties in conveying how Kumoko fights, with the future sight and such.

We see Aoi Yuuki's Aoi Yuuki game upped to true Aoi Yuuki levels where Aoi Yuuki finally makes a friend! Aoi Yuuki.

On the Classmates sides of things, not much happened other than as a means to show case Julius's strengths in a fight and as a means to introduce us to a mysterious new character.

Seems like Imperial Prince dude is indeed not taking it well that they're all in this world together and isn't just falling over itself to land in his lap. Which is interesting, I like that they're trying to introduce conflict between them while other things are happening, really helps sell the world building.

I still get a bit of a feeling that they aren't quite getting the pacing quite right, because I feel like the first scene in the bedroom where Dragoon Boy is talking how great Julius is seemed like a bit of a wasted scene. Like I feel like we the audience already have the information already to infer that Julius is this world's "Yuusha" character and I feel like that 30s could've maybe been better used somewhere else and just cold open to Julius fighting instead?

Brutal Garcon posted:

Our protagonist has unlocked the most essential isekai power

Haha yeah.