Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Finish Quantim with Baking Soda or ActivBlu?
Existing (but discontinued), proven reliability and the power of baking soda
New, available, but untested! Maybe better, maybe worse? Will my dishes still be odor free? :\
View Results

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Recently, Finish (formerly Electrasol) discontinued their Quantum Powerball Dishwasher Tabs with Baking Soda. However there is still plenty of existing inventory available for purchase from eBay, and other reseller sites.

I feel that the power of Baking Soda is an important ingredient to help make my dishes odor free. Of course, I could just add baking soda, but I would prefer to use the tabs, as they are SPECIFICALLY FORMULATED to with baking soda in such a way as to deliver optimal results.

HOWEVER, there is a new product available... Finish Quantum Powerball with ActivBlu!

I know very little about ActivBlu, and I would really like to try it. Ideally, I would like a product like Finish Quantum with ActivBlu AND Baking Soda, but alas, this does not exist.

So I am left with the dilemma of picking one or the other.

Should I use the new Finish Quantum ActivBlu and hope it works out as my new main dishwashing tab to serve all of my dishwashing needs, or do I stock up on existing inventory of Finish Quantum Baking Soda, knowing I have both the reliability and power of baking soda for every load of dishes I wash?

Thanks for your help goons!

(I apologize for the lack of a Goku option, but this is a serious and important poll!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Ha, good one! But I need a serious answer! If I were to cum in the dishwasher it would just get washed away! :)

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I'm certainly not going to put two in at once (one of each), as that will probably make the dish washer explode!

It seems very wasteful to buy a whole box of each then use only one of each and throw the other box away, or be forced to use it up when it isn't the better one.

I feel I am at a point where I must make a commitment! :\

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
OK, "ActivBlu Technology" does sound pretty advanced, so maybe I'll go with that. But I want to know that it's tough on odors, and is at least as good as the power of baking soda!

I'll try contacting the manufacturer, or perhaps post a question on Amazon Answers. Hopefully this will result in giving me the confidence I need to make the jump forward, from Baking Soda to ActivBlu™.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Weka posted:

The new one still contains baking soda, pal. Perhaps they dyed it blue?
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=2597

Weka posted:

In a surprise twist, the old one "with baking soda" does not in fact contain baking soda.
http://www.rbnainfo.com/product.php?productLineId=1444

Wha.... how? How could they deceive me like this?

I'm at a loss for words.