Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

k-spar posted:

why not a fire barrel tow hitch attachment to maximize porch real estate?

I know, I know: it doesn't have the certain 'je ne sais quoi' of an indoor fire pit.

(the 'je ne sais quoi' being the high probability of everything stinking like smoke, carbon monoxide poisoning, or complete immolation.)

It's not indoor if it's a truck instead of a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rytheric posted:

What would I need to obscure. There is just a road and two adjacent houses.

Edit : Ossum, thanks :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 1, 2021

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

How many dates had that person been on with you before you brought them to a truck that requires you to say "Ok I know this looks like something from Dexter but I swear, it's got potential"

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

esto es malo posted:

How many dates had that person been on with you before you brought them to a truck that requires you to say "Ok I know this looks like something from Dexter but I swear, it's got potential"

First date

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
Last date

gotta get some artwork and such up in there

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

taqueso posted:

Last date

gotta get some artwork and such up in there

So true. I have artwork all around my office. I need to do something in the box truxk.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

What are your thoughts on hot dogs, OP?

Bingo Bango
Jan 7, 2020

Rytheric posted:

But what about water pressure? You may ask. Well instead of having a pressurized tank, the idea donned on me to make a water tower to supply water to the MurderHaus. Now my coworkers knowing that I plan to build my own helicopter one day said that I might as well turn the top of the watertower into a helipad. Well at first the idea seemed intriguing but even I know that having helicopter fuel above your water source is a bad Idea. So instead I brought back one of my idea of building my own giant telescope. It also just so happens I accidently bought a large $2000 telescope. So instead of a helipad, I'm going to turn it into observatory for the large telescope I bought until I can make a larger telescope. So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory.

:staredog:

So where does Grovertruk fit into this property?

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

corgski posted:

What are your thoughts on hot dogs, OP?

Only problem with hot dogs are that they aren't modern dinosaurs like chicken which is about the only meat my cholesterol ridden body will let me eat lol. When I look a chicken in the eye I know that i am looking at a dinosaur that if given the proper circumstances, would love to devour me whole, and im sure eating them is payback for dinos eating my mammalian rodent ancestors. I actually prefer not to eat meat, but its more convenient to order on the go than plant based options at the moment.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Bingo Bango posted:

:staredog:

So where does Grovertruk fit into this property?

The GroverTruk is going to sit on the west parking area and serve as a sleeping area and hauler while I build everything else. After that it will be used as a mobile work station as I fix and flip houses in my spar time afterwards.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Rytheric posted:

After that it will be used as a mobile work station as I fix and flip houses in my spar time afterwards.

A regular Grover Appleseed

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I am locked into this thread. Every post is amazing.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I am locked into this thread. Every post is amazing.

Its okay. Im going to sleep now. I won't be on for another 18 hours. So you dont have to have the fear of missing out/urge to hit the refresh button every 5 minutes.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is this an elaborate theater act? I feel like it has to be.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Please don't kill yourself doing this op

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is this an elaborate theater act? I feel like it has to be.

Its only a theater act in regard to the murderhaus if the seller keeps delaying the stupid contract. I need this land now! The TimberShitter must be built!

After that I can finish the GroverTruk while demoing the murderhaus land, work on the Observatory Watertower, then work on timberframing the murderhauses.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Rytheric posted:

Okay fire pit nay sayers if you would level with me for a moment and look at this photo of my soon to be screened porch area.

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (drat right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

As you can see from the diminutive space, that the fire pit would be very close to the box truck opening.

Now imagine further if you will that in the event of a fire while enjoying some afternoon lemon water next to my firepit, that I do a running dive through the future screening out the back opening. Then tuck my self into a forward tumble, followed by a series of barrel rolls til I am outside the blast radius of the 35 gallon gas tank under my bed room floor.

Or in a less dramatic fashion reach beside me and grab a fire extinquisher, put out the fire from the comfort of my rocking chair, and continue sipping my lemon water once the smoke and co alarm subsides.

please don't set fire to your crime wagon

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

op you can totally rock this and having helped my spouse build his own tiny murdercabin on the back of his truck, I'm happy to help if I can.

you can totally do a woodstove. Fire pit is pretty risky. Have you considered a small outdoor fireplace complete with a smokestack? That's possible, it'd just be tricky to do.

E: Are you intending to use shingles or silicone for the roof of your GroverTruk? Because those suckers are a pain about leaking with little notice and molding your interior to shreds.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 1, 2021

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Rytheric posted:

Only problem with hot dogs are that they aren't modern dinosaurs like chicken which is about the only meat my cholesterol ridden body will let me eat lol. When I look a chicken in the eye I know that i am looking at a dinosaur that if given the proper circumstances, would love to devour me whole, and im sure eating them is payback for dinos eating my mammalian rodent ancestors. I actually prefer not to eat meat, but its more convenient to order on the go than plant based options at the moment.

You should try to get alligator meat. It's very good, especially when fried. I'm pretty sure it fulfills all of the requirements you've mentioned.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

op you can totally rock this and having helped my spouse build his own tiny murdercabin on the back of his truck, I'm happy to help if I can.

you can totally do a woodstove. Fire pit is pretty risky. Have you considered a small outdoor fireplace complete with a smokestack? That's possible, it'd just be tricky to do.

E: Are you intending to use shingles or silicone for the roof of your GroverTruk? Because those suckers are a pain about leaking with little notice and molding your interior to shreds.

Thank you for the support. Im leaving the roof of the GroverTruk as is. The only things left to do on the GroverTruk is ceiling, floor, doors, and fan. Then trimmings. After that its deciding what to do with the porch. The firepit was mainly for ambiance while I invited someone over to chat and such. A wood stove may work. But im weary of opening my doors and having to walk around a smoke stack.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

This is Rytheric's first post and it's already gold.

It's clear to me based on the evidence presented that he's been a goon this whole time, and just didn't know where his people were.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

pseudorandom posted:

You should try to get alligator meat. It's very good, especially when fried. I'm pretty sure it fulfills all of the requirements you've mentioned.

Yeah it does. Except an alligator can eat me now. So im a bit weary on that. I dont want to get the gumption of wanting to challenge one to a fight to the supper where the first one dead is supper for the other.

In a similar, but unrelated note. Every so often I question whether or not I am making a series of bad decisions then I think about the generations of life decisions that were made that turned a mighty dinosaur into a penguin... and then I dont feel that bad

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I think a fire pit is a great idea op. I would reroute the truks ventilation system into the pit so you could have a constant flow of air into the pit on demand if you're ever burning wet wood or just really want to impress your guests with your engineering

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Bi-la kaifa posted:

I think a fire pit is a great idea op. I would reroute the truks ventilation system into the pit so you could have a constant flow of air into the pit on demand if you're ever burning wet wood or just really want to impress your guests with your engineering

Interesting

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Rytheric posted:

Lol no. I specifically want an outhouse detached from my tiny home cause I don't want all my belongings to smell of feces.

Unfortunately the residential code in the state I live in requires that a tiny house to have a kitchen, a kitchen sink, and a water closet with toilet and at least a shower. But I want none of those things in my tiny homes. I want a detached shower house with shitter and a detached kitchen outbuilding.

Oh my goodness it's Rytheric. So check this out, OP. This sounds like an issue, but hold on. I'm actually the Director of Residential Permit Sales for <your state>. I'm sure that we can come to an arrangement. Hell, with the right permits, if you're interested, you can even do some mining. Depending on what you're looking for, I can provide a package deal for not just the truck, but it'll also cover the other structures and any other permanent or temporary guests that might be associated with you. What do you say?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

shoutout to Bees on Wheat for this extremely prescient gif

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

corgski posted:

shoutout to Bees on Wheat for this extremely prescient gif

It was the first one I found in Discord for that episode. :downs:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kaysette posted:

:suspense:

this thread is gonna own

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Rytheric posted:

I plan to build my own helicopter one day

Hey so can you please explain what this means, and how you intend to accomplish it

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Very impressive, OP.

Archismo
Nov 13, 2019

Rytheric posted:

What would I need to obscure. There is just a road and two adjacent houses.

The shitter, obviously

Rytheric posted:

So this water tower will have not only a place where I can hand bail water to fill the water tower, but a staircase that leads up to my observatory

I know you didn't just say "hand bail water"

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Sab Sabbington posted:

Hey so can you please explain what this means, and how you intend to accomplish it

They sell helicopter building kits for somewhere between 20-30k that you just assemble yourself. pretty neat. Interestingly you can get a used cesna for about that price too. In my search for cheap aircraft, I also found paramotoring that may be worth looking into if youre into flying. A paramotoring kit is like 5-10k

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 1, 2021

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

CubicalSucrose posted:

Oh my goodness it's Rytheric. So check this out, OP. This sounds like an issue, but hold on. I'm actually the Director of Residential Permit Sales for <your state>. I'm sure that we can come to an arrangement. Hell, with the right permits, if you're interested, you can even do some mining. Depending on what you're looking for, I can provide a package deal for not just the truck, but it'll also cover the other structures and any other permanent or temporary guests that might be associated with you. What do you say?

That sound awesome if youre willing to talk some about it message me. Im weary if the county would just override it. What I want isn't much i just want a detached showerhouse/shitter and an outdoor communal kitchen. Right now I'm fighting with the county to see if my land perks to see what kind of septic I need through a soil scientist, but I already have a shitter. Do I really need a septic for greywater? The county said they won't let me build a house on it unless I have "running water" whatever that means. Hopefully a water tower observatory will accomplish that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

They sell helicopter building kits for somewhere between 20-30k that you just assemble yourself. pretty neat.

please tell me the kit is Amazon Basics

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

I will try to find you the kit around lunch.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

So for anyone wondering this is who I look up to as a role model and model for how I want to live off the land with my tiny homes.
https://youtu.be/Hr5s0ps9rAQ

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

Not yet on amazon basics, but im sure if we can rally some support for it, we can demand it being on there. Here is the link to the helicopter I want to build. Its only around 37k. So next time you're thinking about buying another minivan, why not consider a helicopter instead?

https://composite-fx.com/models/xe/

Rytheric fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Feb 1, 2021

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Rytheric posted:

Not yet on amazon basics, but im sure if we can rally some support for it, we can demand it being on there. Here is the link to the helicopter I want to build. Its only around 37k. So next time you're thinking about buying another minivan, why not consider a helicopter instead?

https://composite-fx.com/models/xe/

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

The future we dreamed about as kids with flying cars folks is nearly here in the form of affordable helicopters for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Perfection.