Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

that is where the orbs live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

earlier digital cameras would pretty consistently introduce digital artifacts into pictures. these were regarded by some as fairies or aliens or extradimensional beings or, simply, orbs.

they grow and thrive in unfinished basements

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the orbs scared her off. you need to set some orb traps

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if the main tiny house, the tiny shower house and the tiny kitchen house were all connected by underground passages, would that fulfill the code requirement?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if you start digging tunnels maybe you will find the underground orb nest and kill two birds with one stone

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rytheric posted:

I believe I have to get rid of all the bamboo. So that should clear up the sky a bit. Anyone need some bamboo? Perhaps to make a lifetime supply of tooth brushes?

perhaps learn the art of shakuhachi flute making

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

orbs

https://www.learnreligions.com/what-are-angel-orbs-123854

orbs

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

op what job do you have to complete to get the other 1/2 of the 20?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

welcome to the not loving around coalition

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the back door cold fold down like a murphy bed but it would be a murphy porch and fire pit

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I see the firepit being dug into the ground with part of a 55 gallon drum over it. the murphy porch has a circular cutout and some fire resistant material applied to the underside, maybe some strong wire mesh or a grate on top so that you can walk over the hole.

so the porch comes down and the firehole in the porch couples with the drum chimney from the fire pit. also a little section of eave comes up to keep the back part of the porch dry and or shaded

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

maybe just the whole back of the grovertruck opening up into a mobile command and repair station like optimus prime's trailer

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

enough about the ore, back to the orbs

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

if op intends to set up a commune of tiny farms, having an ambulance around to serve as a mobile clinic probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rytheric posted:

This makes me want to make a firepit hottub.

I've wanted to soak in a fire heated outside bathtub during a snow storm for decades and I don't think I'm ever going to get a chance

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rytheric posted:

Looks like you can for a low price of $15. Want me to reserve it for you?

$15 +, like probably $4-500 to freight it out + $1-200k for a piece of land to put it on.

it's like when someone says how cheap their hobby is because the materials are cheap, but the initial barrier to entry is hundreds and hundreds of dollars in tools

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Snowy posted:

You can probably find a dirt cheap hosed up old tub locally, and if you seriously need to buy land you don’t need to spend that much, cmon. I’m in nyc and there’s upstate land that’s cheap as hell so I think you’re overestimating.

Don’t let a decades long dream pass you by!! Just make sure to post lots of progress shots of your woodlands deathtrap firetub.

nah, if I'm buying a parcel I intend to live on it as well as park my hobotub on it. that's about what poo poo, that is of size, has septic and electric and is of favorable location, goes for.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

one of the most critical aspects of an outhouse is the peeshield

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rytheric posted:

Here is an over romanticized video of a fire heated bathtub. https://youtu.be/h5ziuzvjG5A

eeeg. yeah the idea behind the cast iron tub is that you heat it and the water up and then you put the fire out because the tub and the water will retain enough heat for a good long soak. that thin aluminum or cheap steel with a fire underneath it looks like a burnin' waiting to happen

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Bogus Adventure posted:

It probably was something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnH-NPyhD0

I also don't think this would be a wise venture for someone whose philosophy is to ignore safety protocols and see WHY something is dangerous.

lol, thanks for reminding me about the time I macguyvered a vibrator together for my g/f out of a broken playstation controller

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Rytheric posted:

Okay I've bought a metal detector so I can rummage through ancient shitter locations. Imagine it would be a good idea anyway.

you will need the doubloons to feather your grovertruk nest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

personal disaster and diy misfortune is the only collective itch for popular threads.

the only way the op can fail is to weigh common sense and personal safety and succeed in building the stuff he's building