Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

So here's a question.

"G-Drive Racing" won a LeMans entry from the ALMS.

But G-Drive Racing don't exist, the car was run by Algarve Pro.

So who gets the entry? Is it the sponsor or the team? I assume the deal is already done for Algarve to run the car at LeMans like they did last year but what if there's a split or one or the other goes out of business?

will this double up with their entry from the World Championship and/or one earned from the ELMS?

I know for sure the IMSA ones go to the driver, but can't remember one hundred percent about the ones for ELMS/AsLMS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Which one is "The Driver"?

I don't know how multiple entries work because in theory United Autosport have something like 5 LMP2 entries at this point.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Ferrari is putting it in H in 2023

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

This owns

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

As long as the Ferrari looks like something I want to get in poster form and plaster on my wall I'm ok with it.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

orange juche posted:

As long as the Ferrari looks like something I want to get in poster form and plaster on my wall I'm ok with it.
Ferrari haven't made a good looking car since the 60s...

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Cool to see, even if i hope they DNF every race they start.

e: Actually it wont be cool to see unless they run Daytona and Sebring with it too. It is nearly ok to see until then.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 24, 2021

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

Ferrari haven't made a good looking car since the 60s...

Hey I liked the testarossa

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Not exactly a huge shock - I’m sure they’re putting people to work.

But the real link to watch there is Richard Mille.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Formula E's all blue scoring pylon with no teams or driver numbers is stupid. Why they've kept that format for all these years is beyond me.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Pretty good race though, aside from the reasonably light crashes that took an age to get the cars off circuit

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Covette racing first WEC round.

I mean it's one of literally a handful races they can do this year so why not (plus Spa, Le Mans, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Covette racing first WEC round.

I mean it's one of literally a handful races they can do this year so why not (plus Spa, Le Mans, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen)

yep, Corvette’s on the entry for Portimao and Spa with one car ahead of the planned two-car entry for Le Mans. This will help them with BoP at Le Mans in all likelihood.

It’s also easier this year considering they likely have a third (or fourth?) chassis they can ship to Europe instead of trying to stretch two cars between WEC rounds and IMSA.

The other news for Portimao is Glickenhaus missing out. If they show up, the car is then considered homologated, and they want more time for endurance testing before locking that in.