Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Peugeot is expected to turn up at Le Mans only I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There is some real waiting to get to the fireworks factory vibes from the WEC.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc posted:

ByKolles remain a threat.

One the ACO are clearly terrified of.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/bykolles-hypercar-entry-with-vanwall-lmh-rejected/

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just over 2 hours left in the 24hr of Dubai :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8KK7VukiLY

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Just over 2 hours left in the 24hr of Dubai :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8KK7VukiLY

I completely spaced on the Dubai 24 this week, despite listening to MWM on site. Whoops.

I'll also try to get a new thread up tomorrow, been a bit busy.

in other creeping into H news:

https://twitter.com/PorscheRaces/status/1482034776332816393

Porsche's had their first shakedown of the new LMDH car at their Weissach test grounds, and that grumbly V8 sounds pretty good. Some good glimpses of the full design of the car too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god yes.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Don't get too excited it's a Multimatic and that went poorly last LMP2 cycle.

Then again the Mazda didn't get up too bad.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its a race car ok im excited

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Don't get too excited it's a Multimatic and that went poorly last LMP2 cycle.

Then again the Mazda didn't get up too bad.

it was Riley-Multimatic, and it seems like the bad parts were Riley. And then with Joest-Mazda, they got better once the Joest levels decreased and Multimatic turned up.

remember the Ford GT program was a Multimatic joint as well. And this is Penske, they won't suffer any kind of losing or anchor.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

harperdc posted:

it was Riley-Multimatic, and it seems like the bad parts were Riley. And then with Joest-Mazda, they got better once the Joest levels decreased and Multimatic turned up.

remember the Ford GT program was a Multimatic joint as well. And this is Penske, they won't suffer any kind of losing or anchor.

I'm amazed that Riley convinced Multimatic to go with an IRL era suspension setup on their car even though Multimatic made dampers for Red Bull for their championship winning years in the 2010s.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair they'll BoP the gently caress out of it either way :)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The BoP cheating is going to be amazing for a little bit though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Looks like Peugeot is continuing the test program apace

https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/status/1483380820291301380

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

orange juche posted:

The BoP cheating is going to be amazing for a little bit though.

Oh my yes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lol at no rear wing for the Peugot.

Also not at Sebring might be at Spa. Needs to be at Spa to be at Le Mans.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm loving this entry list for Daytona, it's freaking stacked the whole way through, and a huge grid. Should be an awesome race.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

GTD Pro is in that wonderful period before some factory finds a way to come in, spend 8 trillion dollars and ruin it certainly.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Bathurst 12 hour has been pushed back again to may in light of the current covid surge. Given what happened to Novak don't expect any no vaxxed drivers to appear,

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if there is a rally thread but congrats Loeb

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Big Seb and Little Seb still clowning on everyone. Incredible.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

reminder that the daytona qualifying race or whatever it is is at 2PM today

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what am I watching?

a race?

a race before the race?

qualifying?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Good showing from Rovenpera, Breen and Greensmith too. Ford off to a good start with their new car.

This is totally the thread for rally, there's just barely any of us compared to WEC/etc fans.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

boop the snoot posted:

what am I watching?

a race?

a race before the race?

qualifying?

A 100 minute race that sets the grid for the Rolex 24, and pays qualifying points (1/10th of the standard race point amounts)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jehde posted:

Good showing from Rovenpera, Breen and Greensmith too. Ford off to a good start with their new car.

This is totally the thread for rally, there's just barely any of us compared to WEC/etc fans.

I’m going to try and follow more via Red Bull’s daily highlight packages, just like back in the olden days.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
How do you follow rally other than these daily videos? I've never really followed rally, but it seems as good a time as any to check it out.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

If you really want to get into it, you can spend a bunch of money to get WRC+, which seems pretty featureful. I've also seen WRC pop up on Sport Surge when the rallies are live, but haven't bothered checking it out there yet. I like to just wait for the daily recaps and watch them with someone else, it's about the right amount of engagement for us.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

How do you follow rally other than these daily videos? I've never really followed rally, but it seems as good a time as any to check it out.

I haven’t watched the live coverage, but considering the stages and days take place over a long period of time, it really is nice to have a digestible 25-ish minute highlights package. Takes me back to the days of Tommi Makkinen and Colin McRae, among others.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The RedBullTV app is how I watch the daily recaps because it is free. Watching things go stage-by-stage is pretty fun once in a while but who's got the time?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
And just in case anyone wasn't aware: Red Bull does ~25 minute daily WRC highlights on their website and app, in addition to the ~5 minute ones they post on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

hey y'all - we've got a new thread going here for 2022

Enjoy a final image for 2021, a good thread for all 07