Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Even then Toyotas hypercar looks barely different from the previous LMP1H? Like is it massively different under the skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I forget though wasn't it last year where it was mostly a washout and we only got a tiny bit of racing or am I remembering another year

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Powershift posted:

Yeah, it was red flagged all night last year, but it was also in september, so that's what happens.

Oh yeah that was why, I think I wasn't able to watch that weekend until the evening. Then when I had time to tune in there was nothing going on grrr

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Car on fire!!!!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Never going to find out what caused it because that thing was burning faaast, still they managed to get it out mostly pretty quickly

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Dacia Logan spotted! Also the Manthey Porsche ftw, but then I'm a sucker for the Billstein liveried Merc too

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Lambo with a rear toe arm broken

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh god lol

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Are they featuring them because last time the WEC didn't put their car on a poster and had a hissy fit about it?

Is this the first race they'll enter?

Edit: I'm kinda tempted to resub to WEC but I honestly don't know if it's worth it. I haven't really followed it since Alonso won LeMans

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Is it not gonna be on YouTube? Shite

nah you gotta pay, but if you buy the whole season it's not that expensive. well last time I bought it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

I wouldn't say it's "feature," because it's their social media and they show just about everyone on there. but yes this is the first race Glickenhaus are joining, second of the season because Le Mans was moved to later in the summer this year as well. Sounds like Glickenhaus is going to be at Portimao, Monza (July) and Le Mans (August) but skipping the last two races scheduled (Fuji and Bahrain) because shipping cars.

As for watching, yes the App is good (but not available in the U.S. apparently) and live coverage is there or on satellite/cable channels depending on where you live. Live streams ain't hard to find. But they're also putting the full race up on YouTube about a week or so after the race if you're cheap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUCYqjtIAR0

When I meant watching, I meant racing quality wise. It was kinda dull when it was just Toyota stomping the rest of the non hybrid grid. Plus they added maximum stint times for the GTLM drivers which kinda sucked too.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Does eurosport have a feed with no commercials?

Before wec had a streaming service that was the only option for Le Mans and it was insane how many commercial breaks they had. Then you had to keep switching channels every so often.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I would honestly just say pay for the WEC sub if it's possible where you are

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I hope that isn't the final livery

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

It's not in the legally mandated WEC top class colours of red white and black so it won't be.

I've gotta assume the red white black livery is a german thing because all 3 LMP1H teams were based there. Hopefully being French means it might be a nice french racing blue, or like the old Peugeot racing colours

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Remember when there were 9000 private R8 LMP1's and there was a crocodile skin one for some one off race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the fencing has been changed there since that happened? But I think at that point there is a gate for ambulance access, sometimes at the end of a trackday that part is used as a circuit exit too.

I guess you could just have the ambulance on standby in the centre pit part but then they aren't going to be able to get out of that bit quickly especially on a full race day

Edit: oops missed the post above, I guess they didn't change anything then

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 1, 2021