Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bard Maddox posted:

if I wanted to start watching TJPW where would be a good entry point. Wrestle Princess? earlier?

Wrestle Princess is fine. That's how I got started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

if I wanted to start watching TJPW where would be a good entry point. Wrestle Princess? earlier?

TJPW isn't heavy on storylines or feuds, it's kayfabe aspects are mainly about character development and competitive improvement.

Wrestle Princess is good because they stepped up the in-ring aspect of the promotion for the big show and it has Mei Saruga's debut before the new NEO Biishiki-gun run staring at Wrestling On My Mind

Other than that you can dip in and out as you like, follow the DDT English account on twitter, and watch the cards that have the wrestlers you're most interested in.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Bard Maddox posted:

wrestle princess is a good spot, so is the 1.4 show but you could pretty easily start off on the show on the 12th since its gona be a big one

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The 1.4 show honestly might be a better jumping on point due to the Chris Brookes and Team english commentary to get and keep everything up to speed since finding the Wrestle Princess DDT English thread sounds like a pain. However having rewatched Wrestle Princess last night instead of watching the Royal Rumble, the video packages and production on the show are strong enough to keep the stories going into the matches clear, but you might lose a bit for the Fans Bring the Rules Match.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/bobroba/status/1355763598337867776