Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

a little bit of both. i do think theyre vaguely scummy, but i would also like to see how people feel about these players and if they agree/disagree with what i think

This post, Sandwolf? This is a scummy post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

This post, Sandwolf? This is a scummy post.

It reads to me like he wants thread approval before pursuing them

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk do you have an intended target for the cop thing and do you intend to share it beforehand?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

merk do you have an intended target for the cop thing and do you intend to share it beforehand?

If anyone in the group of four is scum, I'd like them to WIFOM on who I might choose. I don't intend to reveal my target.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i think its probably humalong, his post history is bad. his two real posts is sussing me and epsilon d1, and then calling out hal on d2. the d1 post is actually fairly ok, because yeah my last posts on d1 were hella scummy, but the epsilon reasoning doesnt rly feel there. his hal sus feels like a lazy and easy sus, going after hal just because he didnt vote d1. that and him being the last votes on epsilon make me feel like he's scum

##vote humalong

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

If anyone in the group of four is scum, I'd like them to WIFOM on who I might choose. I don't intend to reveal my target.

WIFOM?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hum might be in my blindspot because of our shared suspicion of Hal.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thus proving forever that ilmucche and merk are not the same person.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

i think its probably humalong, his post history is bad. his two real posts is sussing me and epsilon d1, and then calling out hal on d2. the d1 post is actually fairly ok, because yeah my last posts on d1 were hella scummy, but the epsilon reasoning doesnt rly feel there. his hal sus feels like a lazy and easy sus, going after hal just because he didnt vote d1. that and him being the last votes on epsilon make me feel like he's scum

##vote humalong

Humalong is a good vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Humalong calling me a moron seems like Scum Godfather trying to bait me into investigating him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME: Humalong calling me a moron seems like Scum Godfather trying to bait me into investigating him.

I think it's far more likely Hum thought that post was you just being dumb

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I think it's far more likely Hum thought that post was you just being dumb

Do you think Humalong contributed a lot in the post he made about merks picks? Or the game as a whole thus far?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Do you think Humalong contributed a lot in the post he made about merks picks? Or the game as a whole thus far?

No, he’s done almost exactly nothing, but I’ve made the mistake of thinking that’s scumHum before when really it was just “who gives a gently caress” Hum

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Hal Insandenza posted:

This seems phony from Hal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

No, he’s done almost exactly nothing, but I’ve made the mistake of thinking that’s scumHum before when really it was just “who gives a gently caress” Hum

Ok that’s fine but merk made a snarky comment about Hums participation in response to a mostly empty post, which prompted the moron comment. Seems like a bit of a showy response since merks point may have been derogatory but it wasn’t moronic

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

This seems phony from Hal.

Whatevs man, that just like, your opinion

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Ok that’s fine but merk made a snarky comment about Hums participation in response to a mostly empty post, which prompted the moron comment. Seems like a bit of a showy response since merks point may have been derogatory but it wasn’t moronic

as someone who has often called out people for not doing enough, people love to get angry when they are asked to engage, it doesn't really color alignment much for me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I agree that the day 1 vote felt organic, I can see how hum and I might look suspicious.

I thought the flip onto hum looked weird from e+, can't speak to Hum's reasons but probably omgus.

The suspicion on hum today or shade their direction seems contrived.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Idle Amalgam posted:

I agree that the day 1 vote felt organic, I can see how hum and I might look suspicious.

I thought the flip onto hum looked weird from e+, can't speak to Hum's reasons but probably omgus.

The suspicion on hum today or shade their direction seems contrived.

Hums vote is the least suspicious, he’d vote there regardless of alignment

I do think the shift to e+ and Humalongs reappearance when he became vote leader feels like a shift to save scum

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Although hum's read of hal's early post this game day does look weird:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hal is completely right I should have let the day end in a no lunch rather than vo—wait a minute

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hums vote is the least suspicious, he’d vote there regardless of alignment

I do think the shift to e+ and Humalongs reappearance when he became vote leader feels like a shift to save scum

If that's the case, earlier votes driving the focus would probably be more likely for scum as opposed to the later ones imo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

Although hum's read of hal's early post this game day does look weird:

Out of all of Humalong's posts, that obvious joke is not scummy.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Hal Insandenza posted:

I missed the end of the day obviously yesterday, looking back at how it went from a hum-muche tie at 3 to epsilon who had 0 votes

Illmuche was the first vote which actually made illmuche the vote leader so that doesn’t seem like a scum move

Then epsilon came in and voted Humalong making Humalong the leader, epsilon is town

Tommunist and flerp jump in with quick votes with little explanation, grandicap right after with maybe a bit too long of an explanation?

Finally Humalong hammers after showing up to post enough to not be executable today.

Maybe hum scum with one of Tommu/flerp/grandi?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hal is completely right I should have let the day end in a no lunch rather than vo—wait a minute

Hal Insandenza posted:

That’s not what I’m saying at all you misrepresenter

Merk, If there is an obvious joke here and I missed it, please explain what it was.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

This post you quoted is the obvious joke.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

This post you quoted is the obvious joke.

Outside of the tone of the post, it does come off as scummy when it is in direct response to Hal accusing them of making a burst of catch up posts to avoid being freely lunchable.

So obvious joke or not, it still looks strange.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Flerp seems to be the most unexplained of the e+ votes.

Grandi had the most put down in typical grandi fashion, tomm, flerp and I fart out a vote.

Tomm with a quote, Flerp with :toot:, me with a comment.

Unprompted I'd say that looks stranger on flerp.

Flerp tomm voted simultaneously. Grandi and I did as well, although grandi started his vote ahead of time.

Pretty organic timing, but as far as sincerity goes, flerp comes off most inscrutable in that regard, imo.

Followed by saving his own rear end, hum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I've more or less talked myself into voting hum, would probably vote flerp as well.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

:words:
Grandi had the most put down in typical grandi fashion,
:words:

Ooh, what is Grandi fashion? Is it cape forward?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
You tend to make articulated points regardless of alignment, but that's just my meta take.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So no capes? Looks like I'll have to put them back in storage again.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

merk posted:

Analysis paralysis

##pick Grandicap, taste, Sandwolf

Right, so this is it. Now privately PM me pass/fail merk, grandicap, taste, and sandwolf!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

done, enjoy the fail loosers

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pass

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ah gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

who you think scum tho

would also like a response to this still hum

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
The mission..... is a SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merk has access to a SINGLE SHOT COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to be used now via pms.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

would also like a response to this still hum

Let’s just murder him before he responds

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m heading to bed here.

Flerp is town though.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014