Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Gundam Mafia Part I: Battle of Mare Smythii is a lightly flavoured game of Mafia for 9-16 players. It's going to be a fairly vanilla game with one or two twists.

Participate in this retelling of the iconic first battle between the Earth Federation and the Principality of Zeon! Hop in your GM-Type (pronounced Jim) mobile suits and use guns (arguments) to try and shoot down (vote out) Zakus (Scum). Pick a squad leader! Use experimental formations!

Depending on interest I will need time to rewrite and balance some things. I’ll try and get it going as soon as it feels like it’s filled up.
  1. Epsilon Plus (he/his)
  2. flerp (he/him)
  3. Grandicap (He, Him)
  4. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  5. Idle Amalgam
  6. ilmucche
  7. merk (he/him)
  8. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  9. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  10. t a s t e
  11. Tommunist

You will be freely executable the next day phase should you post less than 10 posts! No editing. No fake votes. No fake day powers. The deadline is when voting is over, I will only accept votes dated the minute before. There will be a fun event day 1 and day 2.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rules are too be added, but don't expect anything particularly ground breaking. Scum will have fake claims. I'll give you results language. No fake votes. No fake day actions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Welcome brave pilots. o7

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

t a s t e posted:

Was zeon right I forget

They certainly have some points about the earthers.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Wow, I think we're at seven sign ups. The game sure is filling up fast!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tommunist posted:

this is my mech

These are my favourite 'mechs. I love the that era of timberwolf.

flerp posted:

i will go in the robot and then die

Nods.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Hello I would like to play battlebots

merk posted:

I will play but will not be very active until Tuesday morning.

Also, blame Hal for me being here.

:pwn:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

also we're starting! I'll get everything together and send out roles out by this evening.

E: As an aside I get a 500 votefinder server error trying to add people to the game, which is why I haven't been doing it as people joined. Not sure why.

EE: Double aside, the update game button works really good.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 3, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Is there a discord?

:ssh:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It is the year 0079 of the Universal Century. A half century has passed since earth has began moving it's burgeoning population into gigantic orbiting space colonies. A new home for mankind, where people are born and raised... And die. The cluster of colonies furthest from earth just now are revealing what they've been building in secret for years. The Principality of Zeon not only has a burning desire for independence, but also the means to force a seat in the negotiation table with the Earth Federation. Your job as GM pilots is to ensure the successful defection of a colonies scientist, and destroy the unknown Mobile Suits deployed by colonies rebels. Success means nipping Zeon's show of force in the bud, and learning how far their Mobile Suit technology has progressed.

ANYWAYS

You will be freely executable the next day phase should you post less than 10 posts! No editing. No fake votes. No fake day powers. The deadline is when voting is over, I will only accept votes dated the minute before. There will be a fun event day 1 and day 2.

The fun event is! While also trying to find scum, you should ##CMD Playername!!!

Electing a commander during Day 1 is important! The commander will gain a valuable town power, after succeeding in a challenge of skillery and bluffing during Day 2. The commander will elect their second automatically in the event of their death privately to me!

I will read people's last elect action as their elect vote! Whoever has the most elect votes end of day is the JIM commander!

Yeah, deadline is Saturday 8pm Est. It's a big day but you're voting on two things. Rolling start?

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 3, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Electing a commander during Day 1 is important! The commander will gain a valuable town power, after succeeding in a challenge of skillery and bluffing during Day 2. The commander will elect their second automatically in the event of their death privately to me!

This is a normal day, the commander is determined end of day and participates in a challenge day 2.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Don't forget you will be freely executable tomorrow.

:thermidor:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

e+ was town anyways its saturday night I'll be back with proper announcements. Lets take the day off and come back sunday evening/monday morning.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anyways in a 4 to 5 vote, Merk is the JIM Commander and can expect to have the chance to win a fancy town power tomorrow! If he dies someone he nominates will be JIM COMMANDER. Godbless.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

ALL OF THAT AND WE DON'T EVEN GET A FLIP!?!??!

Its coming, I pwamish

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

As you fly over to the lumpy lunar battlefield where the zealous zeons chase the terrific, terrified, and savy scientist, an explosion rocks your rickety rocket. The JIM Commander's personal GM has unfortunately in some obscure manner broken down, whilst damaging several other mobile suits. You all draw straws, and the loser: Epsilon Plus's mech is stripped down for parts.

Epsilon Plus Earth Federation-Aligned GM Pilot's mech was deconstructed and destroyed en route!

Yeah we're still taking a break though. Get your night actions in!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Your GM’s silently land on the lunar surface, after an uneventful 15 minutes pass on the lander. The JIM Commander orders you all to take up position to intercept the Mobile Suits chasing the moon vehicle. The zeon are alert to your presence, as they’ve stopped trying to crush the scientist and have finally loaded shells into their weapons. Minutes feel like an eternity, as you stare down the lunar valley. Soon enough, you see a dust storm. The VIP vehicle is bearing directly towards you.

Nobody died night 1!

For the next 24 hours Merk must pick 3 other players publicly. These players, including the JIM COMMANDER, will be spearheading the formation. At 8pm est Tuesday the formation will be locked, and they will need to submit ‘PASS’ or ‘FAIL’ privately to me.

If a set of 4 PASS’es are given to me, the challenge will succeed and JIM COMMANDER Merk will receive a 1 shot-cop to be used before the end of Day 2. If the challenge receives one FAIL, there will be no power awarded.

Day two is open, and the deadline will be Thursday 8pm est.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i should have said at least one fail. ah well.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Toal would the 1-shot cop be used in thread or only between merk & you? Like a night action but during the day?

It would be private. Like a night action during the day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Fine.

Ilmucche
taste
Sandwolf

I would be incredibly disappointed if you were merk, not only because you'd be ruining my game but also because I was removed from games for being toxic to new players due to you.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IDK the joke wears thin and it's a sore spot for me. I don't know the truth.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

In unrelated news TASTE and HAL can be executed freely today, with an end of day flip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

someone is skipping leg day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Analysis paralysis

##pick Grandicap, taste, Sandwolf

Right, so this is it. Now privately PM me pass/fail merk, grandicap, taste, and sandwolf!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The mission..... is a SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merk has access to a SINGLE SHOT COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to be used now via pms.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'll try looking for a replacement but will probably just arbitrarily modkill taste overnight, given how this game is going and the fact that taste was up for elimination anyways. Sorry!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

No one was executed. Better luck next time. Night phase is starting! See you folks later.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

No one was executed. Better luck next time. Night phase is starting! See you folks later.

I'll have more announcements to make later, but the phase should end at sometime tomorrow afternoon? Try to get all your actions in on time.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Unfortunately, despite the superb leadership demonstrated by the JIM commander, you were unable to significantly delay the Zeon forces. Rather, they immediately destroyed one of your GM's from over the crater forming the valley. One Zeon, remorseful perhaps having killed a man, leaps and bounds towards the nearest civilian space port. Your weapons fail to penetrate it's armour as it escapes.

IDLE AMALGAM, Earth Federation-Aligned GM Pilot was blowed up N2!

T A S T E, Zeon-Aligned Zaku Pilot went AWOL (left the game) N2!

Day 3 is starting now, and will end monday 8pm EST!

For making less than three posts yesterday TOMMUNIST may be freely executed with an end of day flip!

For making less than ten posts yesterday FLERP and HUMALONG May be freely executed with an end of day flip!

I didn't bother checking the decent posters!!! I should have probably stuck to my old system of counting the differences between post count images I would save on discord. Oof!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't know why the votecount isn't clear on a new day. I will attempt to clear it but sorry if issues crop up.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Day 3 is starting now, and will end monday 8pm EST!

I resent that!

also I had to restart the day like 2 times, and lost deadline in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think its time to make like grandma and take this game to pasture. It bought the farm...

Everybody loses! Especially Ilmucche for out of game communications with other players, and kind of Merk for taking it to thread for some reason (as scum).

Scum are Merk, Taste, and Sandwolf. I gave them a google doc to play with here are the contents!

Everyone is a VT - GM pilot. I really hoped that the election and cop mini-game would provoke more discussion and make day 1 and 2 a little more interesting, but most people treated it like a distraction which is fine.

Scum could only make 2 night kills every 3 nights, to give town 3 chances to execute them.