Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Problem description:
Computer is new as of a couple weeks ago, running Windows 10 Pro. Starting about a week ago, any time the computer is rebooted (including from UEFI BIOS), or turned on from sleep mode, the fans spin up, the RGB on the RAM lights up, but the screen never comes on and the RGB keyboard and mouse don't light up. Holding the power button to turn it off, then turning it back on, fixes it, and if it was sleeping prior, it still resumes from sleep despite forcing it off with the power button. This seemed to start after Windows put the computer to sleep from being idle for 2 hours.

Attempted fixes:
I've tried so many things to fix it, I'll probably forget a number of them, but here's what I can remember:
  • ran DISM and SFC
  • reseated the RAM
  • reverted any changed BIOS options, and even cleared the CMOS by shorting the jumpers
  • turned Hibernate off in Windows
  • unplugged all peripherals except mouse and keyboard
  • made sure all drivers are up-to-date

Recent changes:
I had turned on Deep Sleep in the BIOS in an attempt to get the keyboard not to light up during sleep, but I found that it would eventually turn the LEDs back on anyway, so I turned it back off.
--

Operating system:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

System specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/N2yTDc

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Nuts
Jul 16, 2003

Pillbug
It looks like you covered most of your bases. Have you tried running Windows Recovery and going back to a restore point?

Have you tried disabling fast startup? Start > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Choose what power buttons do > ...

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Corn Nuts posted:

It looks like you covered most of your bases. Have you tried running Windows Recovery and going back to a restore point?

Have you tried disabling fast startup? Start > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Choose what power buttons do > ...

Haven't done the former, but I'm not certain it would even have a restore point since it was so new. Definitely did the latter. The problem happens even if the hard drive is removed from the system (exiting from BIOS hangs too). Yesterday I tried a different PSU and it seemed like it was better for a minute or two, and then it went back to being lovely. At this point, I'm just returning the motherboard and CPU and getting different ones.