Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

The_Doctor posted:

I've been running through a few of the sketches on the YT channel, and I feel like they're really not nearly as good as they were about 10 years ago. I feel like they could really use a Bill Hader equivalent.

Saturday Night Live exists in an eternal state of "it was better 10 years ago".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also picking and choosing specific clips you liked is a lot better than sitting through a show that will always have a bad open, a musical guest you hate, and a bunch of sketches that just don’t land. Then you have 30 minutes of adverts in the mix too.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

The American Dream posted:

That country singer that violated covid protocols a couple months ago just ruined his career by getting drunk and saying the n word on camera.
I understand a little more why Lorne was so committed to getting this trucker hat onto his comedy show because these antics of his are just hilarious

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Ruined his career? Naw, I wouldn't worry about ol' Morgan Wallen. At most, this just shifts him slightly to a surprisingly large subset of the country music fan population. Similarly minded folks who don't listen to country music will also support him.

He'll be OK.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, the day after the video came out his record sales spiked 450%.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This deer skit is great. Though it feels like it was written for Norm McDonald

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This is stupid.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
The funniest thing about SNL now is watching how many technical fuckups and missed cues they can squeeze into an hour and a half. I think I'm up to about four from this cold open alone.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am trying to access Dolby Atmos and 8k football content beforehand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man he looks so much like his dad.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Last week's SNL was aggresively mediocre so I find it hard to imagine this weeks will be worse.

I only watched a few episodes of the first season of Schitt's Creek and was meh about it...did it get better?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Llama better have a mask.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
You really feel the writers room in openings like this.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: We have showgirls backstage :siren:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Well, real showgirls and stuffed llama :shobon:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

Last week's SNL was aggresively mediocre so I find it hard to imagine this weeks will be worse.

I only watched a few episodes of the first season of Schitt's Creek and was meh about it...did it get better?

I haven't watched it but literally everyone I know that has watched it has raved about it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dana Carvey still looking good as Garth while Mike Myers is melting.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

The Nastier Nate posted:

The first season is kind of so-so and aggressively canadian, it very much feels like a typical CBC show early on. It gets better, but not in some ridiculously transformative way. If you think you'd like it if the cast was 10% more comfortable with each other and the writing was 10% better, it's worth sticking with it, but it never becomes something completely different.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Codependent Poster posted:

I haven't watched it but literally everyone I know that has watched it has raved about it.

i think at the time i figured "if i wanted to watch a show about a rich family losing all their money" id just rewatch arrested development

pwn
May 27, 2004

Uhh there were THREE Deloreans used in BttF
:goonsay:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thobby, with the throbby.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Goofy dudes don’t get it slick for me.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ego Nwodim is killing me on this.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
holy poo poo, zillow sketch hitting a little close to home

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Push El Burrito posted:

Dana Carvey still looking good as Garth while Mike Myers is melting.

Yeah was a bit taken back by it last week, but honestly after Bill and Ted I could be down for a Wayne’s World 3 if handled well. The sketch they did for the SNL anniversary was good.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Zillow in North Carolina is in my billfold.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

holy poo poo, zillow sketch hitting a little close to home

Yeah that was good

pwn
May 27, 2004

So Nathanial really did lose his Night Sweats

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Co co co co coc co vid SUPERSTAR!

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Jfc a Psy reference, really?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Finally white people get the representation we need!

Cyril Sneer posted:

Jfc a Psy reference, really?

Look when else is he gonna do a Psy impression?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I remember when I learned jewish from a christian in a catholic school.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

pwn posted:

So Nathanial really did lose his Night Sweats

that son of a bitch

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

I really hate how in contemporary SNL the actors never play their characters straight. There's always this wink-wink-nudge, isnt-this-so-silly angle they insert and I loving hate it.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I have legitimately never heard of Phoebe Bridgers. I am so far unimpressed. You kids get off my lawn.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want to enjoy this but the skeletons are way too spooky for me.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArtVandelay posted:

I have legitimately never heard of Phoebe Bridgers. I am so far unimpressed. You kids get off my lawn.

The mix is off, who is singing?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The fact she’s playing a BC Rich Warlock makes her the best musical act this year. I’m curious if that instrument has ever harkened the stage before...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ArtVandelay posted:

I liked it. It was a nice sounding song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

It's pretty generic jangly indie-pop, ya.