Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I really liked the twin sketch because it used current events as the setup for a joke instead of just pointing at current events and saying look how wacky things are like they usually do. I also thought everybody at the gathering being a secret fascist was a pretty funny idea to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah it's just a salad that isn't called a salad because salads are for women.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

tarlibone posted:

I think the thing they were going for is a sandwich without bread that isn't a lettuce-wrapped abomination. So yeah, a salad. But not calling it a salad is a marketing thing that has nothing to do with gender and more to do with that old trick of giving an old product that some people won't consider buying a new name so that they will try it.

Lots of people dismiss salad for lunch out-of-hand, but they might try this new "sandwich bowl" thing from that sandwich place they've heard of.

Besides, since when are salads feminine? Does Subway fancy itself a men's restaurant?

I was talking in terms of how food is normally advertised:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGLHlvb8skQ

For years advertisers have been treating "healthier" options as unmanly so now they have to reinvent the wheel to sell these products back to men because they were to good at making them seem like women's products. Like when Dr. Pepper had to come up with a separate diet soda from what they already made to advertise to men.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My earliest SNL memory is Patrick Stewart which I would have been 7 years old for.