Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Annath posted:

I'm just starting this game, what should I spend $20 on? That's my general limit for F2P games unless they really suck me in.

Also I suck at the button combos, is it easier with a controller?

Personally I think so, but there's way more documentation on combos and how-to guides for combat for the PC with keyboard nomenclature so figuring out how things work on console is a steeper learning curve IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lahn is way more fun than wizard

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

stump collector posted:

redeem code BDOHLNY with the redeem button on steam or through the website

for Good Free poo poo

how do you do this I hit redeem in game and it just brings up this blank page that says "Web Storage Information ID Posted on Item Name Status Used Date" and there's nothing there to do

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Shredder posted:

how do you do this I hit redeem in game and it just brings up this blank page that says "Web Storage Information ID Posted on Item Name Status Used Date" and there's nothing there to do

Pretty sure those codes no longer work since they were through kakao. The only active codes I know of are:

1. BDOT-RANS-FERT-WEET
2. JKSC - OUPO - N50A - RTME
3. 0225 - WEAR - ETHE - ONE!
4. 0225 - 2021 - ENDL - AIVE
5. ENDL - AIVE - 0225 - 2021
6. PEAR - LABY - SSST - REAM
7. WHIC - HCLA - SSAR - EYOU
8. FIFT - HANN - IVER - SARY

Some of those may not be active anymore/soon

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

gwrtheyrn posted:

Pretty sure those codes no longer work since they were through kakao. The only active codes I know of are:

1. BDOT-RANS-FERT-WEET
2. JKSC - OUPO - N50A - RTME
3. 0225 - WEAR - ETHE - ONE!
4. 0225 - 2021 - ENDL - AIVE
5. ENDL - AIVE - 0225 - 2021
6. PEAR - LABY - SSST - REAM
7. WHIC - HCLA - SSAR - EYOU
8. FIFT - HANN - IVER - SARY

Some of those may not be active anymore/soon

Thanks, they still work except for 2 of them!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gotta say this patcher loving sucks. If it loses focus it drops the connection and stall out the download. You have to set the priority to real time for it to not gently caress up, at least on my machine.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Really? Didn't notice aynthing like that when it patched after the transfer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its happen consistently for me all weekend. It wasnt till I set it to realtime today that its actually finishing now.

Now this could be because of my set up, but its still dumb. Ive never had something like this happen on any other game client.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
My seasonal character ran through some part of the Sausan Outpost which immediately caused the game to crash to desktop. I can access other characters just fine now but trying to load the seasonal character causes a CTD every time. I think I have just won Black Desert Online.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

They randomly added full support for using the controller yesterday. It actually works with the UI on PC, and it's pretty awesome (but still more of a pain to use than controller on ffxiv)

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Have they added any additional content to the sea besides grinding spots?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hy_C posted:

Have they added any additional content to the sea besides grinding spots?

they added bartering which is basically boat trading

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
How is the sailing? I'm dying for a good sailing game without the forced pvp of sea of thieves.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Pigbottom posted:

How is the sailing? I'm dying for a good sailing game without the forced pvp of sea of thieves.

Some people like it--if you want to watch someone on twitch inuyasherz on twitch basically only does boat stuff i think. It's not particularly rewarding, and non-consensual pvp with boats is extremely punishing even compared to land pvp.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
It's pretty chill if you want a podcasting game. Can't say if the money/hour ratio is worth it compared to grinding, since I'm still busy collecting mats for a better ship.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Also the Sage presentation looked pretty cool, time-warping and teleportation, oh my!

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

gwrtheyrn posted:

Some people like it--if you want to watch someone on twitch inuyasherz on twitch basically only does boat stuff i think. It's not particularly rewarding, and non-consensual pvp with boats is extremely punishing even compared to land pvp.

Gonna check it thanks!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I should have clarified when I last stopped they kept teasing some sea revamp and added coral and stuff to look at and opened 3 islands for grinding. Did they add anything else to the sea or game in general to explore/do or is this game still only about grinding mobs in an area. I have a hard time wrapping my head around them only adding another trade system in all this time.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hy_C posted:

I should have clarified when I last stopped they kept teasing some sea revamp and added coral and stuff to look at and opened 3 islands for grinding. Did they add anything else to the sea or game in general to explore/do or is this game still only about grinding mobs in an area. I have a hard time wrapping my head around them only adding another trade system in all this time.

not really sure what this update is, but if you're talking about land activities that require crossing water to get to, scyraia and the duo pirates spots are new, but sycraia is the only good one of the two. They added boat progression so there are bigger boats than the frigate/sailboat that you can use for bartering or sea monster hunting. They've also changed seamonster hunting from a while back, so most of the old monsters are only really hunted for dailies and places like crocs/leks are done for actual loot.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Did they stealth nerf the XP gain through afk combat? Maybe make the bonus only apply to active combat? Idk something fishy is going on or maybe I'm dumb, but the percentage gain is definitely slower than it was two days ago. (on a character that is lower level)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

busalover posted:

Did they stealth nerf the XP gain through afk combat? Maybe make the bonus only apply to active combat? Idk something fishy is going on or maybe I'm dumb, but the percentage gain is definitely slower than it was two days ago. (on a character that is lower level)

The devs for this game often gently caress up buffs and have accidental hidden stats or ones that don't do anything. That said, there's a current 1000 percent hot time/fever time running weeknights for a few hours, and all weekend.

I seem to be getting quite a bit of afk xp on my 63 character...and about ten percent a night on a 60, so I think it's working as intended. I haven't done any serious testing though

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Weird. Maybe it's because I was on one of those Haram-servers or whatever, and they don't receive the buff? Who knows.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I'm having a total arse of a time with the instructions to transfer. I think I mucked up somewhere along the line. I've transferred SOMETHING but the launcher on Steam keeps asking me to add an email address. Apparently they can't be the same email address as the one you used to transfer the account across? I'm stumped.

Is it worth perservering or is the game dead/bad now?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

fappenmeister posted:

I'm having a total arse of a time with the instructions to transfer. I think I mucked up somewhere along the line. I've transferred SOMETHING but the launcher on Steam keeps asking me to add an email address. Apparently they can't be the same email address as the one you used to transfer the account across? I'm stumped.

Is it worth perservering or is the game dead/bad now?

I don't go through steam, so I can't help you unfortunately. There are at least some people here who login through steam, so maybe they know how that works.

The game is...well if you thought it was bad before you'll probably still not like it. There are certainly many things to do in the game, but if you don't enjoy doing any of them over a long period of time then it just won't be fun. This is basically a number go up game, with "up" being very wishful thinking once you're far enough

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
So this Narchillan gear, I can only get it in exchange for season gear? Or I get it if I reach 56 or do the awakening quest line? What?

kitten
Feb 6, 2003

busalover posted:

So this Narchillan gear, I can only get it in exchange for season gear? Or I get it if I reach 56 or do the awakening quest line? What?

Nothing to do with seasonal. You need to have finished the Calpheon questline (and functionally to pen the naru you exchange you need the beginner stones from the mediah questline).

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

kitten posted:

Nothing to do with seasonal. You need to have finished the Calpheon questline (and functionally to pen the naru you exchange you need the beginner stones from the mediah questline).

So I get the Naru gear from the Calpheon questline? I checked and I can accept the quest for the exchange, but I don't remember ever getting special gear. Maybe I discarded it, don't know.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
Do we have a EU guild?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Atari teenager posted:

Do we have a EU guild?

Not that I know of. I think Ineptitude was one of the only EU players, and I don't know if they're still playing

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I'm on EU, but I'm in some random guild I ignore. The various class/lifeskill discords have channels for guild ads.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Just getting back into this over the weekend after a 3 year hiatus, I'm completely lost but at least I hit 56 on my Musa (I'd been 51 before). What's a good progression for me to do right now? I'm trying to farm Kzarka for the sword but I'm otherwise completely lost at what I should be doing, the rifts kick my rear end completely so I'm definitely at a deficit gear wise.

I currently have 163AP and 167 DP with awakening AP at 130. Again I have no idea what this means :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Just getting back into this over the weekend after a 3 year hiatus, I'm completely lost but at least I hit 56 on my Musa (I'd been 51 before). What's a good progression for me to do right now? I'm trying to farm Kzarka for the sword but I'm otherwise completely lost at what I should be doing, the rifts kick my rear end completely so I'm definitely at a deficit gear wise.

I currently have 163AP and 167 DP with awakening AP at 130. Again I have no idea what this means :v:

Right now the path to gear is the stuff they just added last patch. Running through calpheon/mediah should get you enough resources for pen naru gear which can be exchanged for narchillan gear which is roughly between tri and tet boss gear in stats--note you only get one set of these per account, so you want to be sure on the class you're getting these on.

Another option is oasis gear--this is "temporary" and will go away whenever the event goes away, but it's been around for a year now. It's basically tri boss gear for 1 silver per piece. Downside of this is that the off-hand is nouver instead of kutum, but you can get as many copies as you'd like for characters over lvl 56

Aside from all of those, they revamped the leveling rewards so you get capotias much earlier, so you get a full set by lvl 61. You might still be able to get the ones from the login rewards, which would get you a full set of tri accessories. I think all in, it puts you around 230/280 or something

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How do I go about doing that? From the guide I found it seems to be just questing around Serendia? I already did a pass through there way back when I was first levelling, and I don't have any beginner black stones.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

How do I go about doing that? From the guide I found it seems to be just questing around Serendia? I already did a pass through there way back when I was first levelling, and I don't have any beginner black stones.

The beginner blackstones are heavily backloaded in the mediah main questline, but you do start getting a small trickle of them in serendia/calpheon main quest lines. Like the last quest that gives them in mediah gives like 200+, while you probably only get like 20 in serendia/calpheon

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Ingame chat recommended I make an alt and rush through the Serendia questline for all the boxes. I think I'll just do that since the ship has sailed on my main character.

Edit: Is the goon guild NA or EU?

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 29, 2021

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

PNR is on NA. I don't think there is a goon guild on EU, but pnr is mostly a place to have guild passives and a chat room. If you're looking to do things like node war, you'll be looking for other guilds eventually.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Okay I'm a little confused about what the actual requirements for the Naru gear is. I went and did the questline that takes place in Altinova and now I have about 400 beginner blackstones for armor and 200 for weapons. However I cannot trade for Naru gear with Fughar, the option just doesn't show up.

So I'm wondering if its because I did the Calpheon quests on this character before they even existed and so I'd have to do it on an alt and then Fughar will unlock the option? Or did I miss something totally obvious?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

So I'm wondering if its because I did the Calpheon quests on this character before they even existed and so I'd have to do it on an alt and then Fughar will unlock the option?

It's probably this or something. It says it has a quest requirement, which is probably the end of the newest calpheon quest line

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

Okay I'm a little confused about what the actual requirements for the Naru gear is. I went and did the questline that takes place in Altinova and now I have about 400 beginner blackstones for armor and 200 for weapons. However I cannot trade for Naru gear with Fughar, the option just doesn't show up.

So I'm wondering if its because I did the Calpheon quests on this character before they even existed and so I'd have to do it on an alt and then Fughar will unlock the option? Or did I miss something totally obvious?

You're supposed to get your first set from questing so... maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Check your in game mail (hit B), sometimes when they re-do quests and change the rewards they will send you the new rewards in the mail if you already did those quests. Worth a shot.