Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
IIRC you can also trade in the beginner stones for naru from fughar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
ugh of course fulgar let's you trade in your first awakening weapon but gently caress me if I still have that. Apparently no way to get that back. Why PA doesn't add an easy way to re-obtain that old stuff - when adding new exchanges like this - we'll never know.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008

busalover posted:

ugh of course fulgar let's you trade in your first awakening weapon but gently caress me if I still have that. Apparently no way to get that back. Why PA doesn't add an easy way to re-obtain that old stuff - when adding new exchanges like this - we'll never know.

It sucks for older characters that deleted it but there's a way to get it still, take one of your characters under 56 or make a new one and level it to 56 then do the awakening quest again and you get the weapon that you can trade to Narchillan. In case you're playing on EU server I can help you with a power level takes about 30min to go from lvl 7 to 56 or look for someone to help.

My family name is Captainweedo can add me as friend on EU.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Atari teenager posted:

It sucks for older characters that deleted it but there's a way to get it still, take one of your characters under 56 or make a new one and level it to 56 then do the awakening quest again and you get the weapon that you can trade to Narchillan. In case you're playing on EU server I can help you with a power level takes about 30min to go from lvl 7 to 56 or look for someone to help.

My family name is Captainweedo can add me as friend on EU.

Thanks, I'll come back to you, for now I'm curious if PA support wants to help me out/what their response is.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Old accounts get erased at the end of the month if you still haven't transferred and somehow still care

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Installed this for the first time earlier today and am enjoying the active combat play style. The huge number of different systems is apparent even at low levels, and it’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out for me.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

FreshFeesh posted:

Installed this for the first time earlier today and am enjoying the active combat play style. The huge number of different systems is apparent even at low levels, and it’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out for me.

BDO is funny because there can either be an overwhelming number of things to do or it can be a dead end boring grind monster until you burn out and quit game depending on what you choose to do because 97% of the game is optional.

The crafting and trade side of things is surprisingly robust, perhaps one of the most intricate in an mmo.. theres also horse breeding, a mind bogglingly complex fishing system that will eventually lead you into ship building and sailing. You can set up trade caravans and on and on.

Or you can just ignore all of that and just kill monster.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
That new anti-cheat system works so well, it crashed my system twice in a week. Like, literal blue screen. First time I'm seeing that on Windows since XP. Great.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Hey so I'm coming back to BDO after giving up. I'm lever 45 and confused as all hell.

It's there a discord or something i can ask stupid questions and not get mocked mercilessly?

Like I'm at the final battle quest, and the ghost keeps telling me to run away from the guy in fighting. And the quest text days to use some light but i don't think i have it.

I need an adult

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

Discord link: https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

Also there's just under 2 weeks left before all untransferred accounts get deleted

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

One week remains for transferring data

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

One week remains for transferring data

24hrs left before untransferred accounts go away forever

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I’m on the Steam version and I keep getting the notices that I need to finish account transfer (which fails when I go through the process). Everything I see says I should be in good shape, so here’s hoping?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

FreshFeesh posted:

I’m on the Steam version and I keep getting the notices that I need to finish account transfer (which fails when I go through the process). Everything I see says I should be in good shape, so here’s hoping?

You started after they transferred providers, so you're fine. If you've actually logged into the game in the last 2 months, then your game data is already on the new servers

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
was thinking about playing this again as i only played it really early? in like 2016 or something. maybe the english beta i dont remember

till this

total record scratch lol gdamn

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly you can get by with a lot less than that now, though not sure since they killed seasons. With seasons you could basically get a full set of pets and enough inventory for that character for the most part. I still wouldn't expect to stay under $100 if you actually play a lot though.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Steam has Black Desert on sale for a dollar, so I picked it up. Anything particularly important to keep in mind as a new player at this point in time?

I like magical characters with minions, so I'm assuming that witch/wizard is a solid starting point, but I also saw some mention that the new "Nova" class can raise fallen enemy zombies and shoot ice blasts. Any other options that let you put something between you and the enemies?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not much of a minion character outside of tamer. Nova isn't really comparable to a necro, her attacks look like she's summoning but they are just part of the attack, they dont stay there for a significant amount of time.

The new corsair comes out today, theres always an event to get new classes leveled so you can always do that while running on the seasonal server. Thats what I'm going to be doing till the new games come out soon.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

avoraciopoctules posted:

Steam has Black Desert on sale for a dollar, so I picked it up. Anything particularly important to keep in mind as a new player at this point in time?

I like magical characters with minions, so I'm assuming that witch/wizard is a solid starting point, but I also saw some mention that the new "Nova" class can raise fallen enemy zombies and shoot ice blasts. Any other options that let you put something between you and the enemies?

Seasons can be quite good for a new player. The gearing part of it isn't that important anymore since they added narchillan gear, but you can only get that once per account. The more important part imo is all the random crap it gives you like stacks, pets, and inventory space. The end of season rewards have generally been pretty good, but who knows where they're going with that. Grinding seasons is a pain in the rear end imo, but I guess some people like it

Witchard is the closest thing to magical characters with minions, but really minions are irrelevant for their stats. Their main utility is messing with autotargeting and sometimes letting you escape a cc by ccing the other person while they're comboing you.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Not much of a minion character outside of tamer. Nova isn't really comparable to a necro, her attacks look like she's summoning but they are just part of the attack, they dont stay there for a significant amount of time.

The new corsair comes out today, theres always an event to get new classes leveled so you can always do that while running on the seasonal server. Thats what I'm going to be doing till the new games come out soon.

Thanks for the tips! I'll try both a mage and the new Corsair, since they might be getting big progression bonuses right now. Would you recommend the seasonal server over the "Olvia" servers for new/returning players? Can you benefit from both at once?

gwrtheyrn posted:

Seasons can be quite good for a new player. The gearing part of it isn't that important anymore since they added narchillan gear, but you can only get that once per account. The more important part imo is all the random crap it gives you like stacks, pets, and inventory space. The end of season rewards have generally been pretty good, but who knows where they're going with that. Grinding seasons is a pain in the rear end imo, but I guess some people like it

Witchard is the closest thing to magical characters with minions, but really minions are irrelevant for their stats. Their main utility is messing with autotargeting and sometimes letting you escape a cc by ccing the other person while they're comboing you.

Definitely sounding like creating a seasonal character is a good idea here. Based on my reading so far, the auto-looting pets give you is a major ease of play boost. How much grind are we talking to "clear" a season and graduate? Closest thing I've done before is the Genshin Impact battle pass, and that required about half an hour of work every day for 40 days.

Got it, mages each having two minion modes to swap between looks nice, but I probably ought not to depend on them for anything other than buying me a little breathing room in serious fights. What is a "cc"? Google suggests it stands for Crowd Control, which in turn stands for stun effects.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

avoraciopoctules posted:

What is a "cc"? Google suggests it stands for Crowd Control, which in turn stands for stun effects.

Its that. It won't let you escape your credit card bills if you start whaling :)

It doesn't take too much to get the end-of-season reward usually, but if you want to go through the entire pass or whatever, 30 min a day every day from now until the season ends is probably more than enough as long as you don't get distracted by unrelated tasks--it's largely doing the main questline, doing some world bosses, and leveling from 1-61 or something. If you don't need the gear super enhanced because you can just take narchillan/oasis after you graduate, then you don't really need to grind all that much beyond leveling + weeklies. You can skip days as well, since you could pile up your +combat xp% scrolls and just hammer out a 4 hour session or something if that's your jam.

The hard grind really comes when you're pushing tet/pen tuvala or any accessories, which you don't need to do to get all the season rewards.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Thanks for the tips! I'll try both a mage and the new Corsair, since they might be getting big progression bonuses right now. Would you recommend the seasonal server over the "Olvia" servers for new/returning players? Can you benefit from both at once?

Olvia is only an experience point boost, and becomes available when you make a new account or when you haven't logged in a few months. Season servers are a huge event where you get a ton of rewards as you progress your character on it, but that character can not leave the Season server until you reach a specific milestone or the season ends.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
No, you can play anywhere you want with a season character, just season servers have extra season specific drops to upgrade the season gear, and are pvp limited, and are limited to season characters so older characters cant come in and camp. Think they also have a slight exp boost as well.

There's actually no reason to be on the crowded season servers until you actually need those upgrade drops or want the slight boost

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah you are better off going through the storyline portion of the game on the less crowded servers and then go in to the seasonal ones when you are ready to start grinding for the stones to upgrade your gear.

The seasonal servers are way overcrowded right now during primetime.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

You can't transfer an existing character to seasonal servers though right? So you would need to create a new character and level it up.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Fried Sushi posted:

You can't transfer an existing character to seasonal servers though right? So you would need to create a new character and level it up.

Correct

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The character is tagged as seasonal during character creation, thats what lets them get in and out of the seasonal servers while its ongoing.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

TRI ring is next huh thatll be easy

i want die

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I picked this back up since quitting in 2018 and I must say that all of the quality of life improvements have made this a vastly better game.

All of the assistance gearing via the season system and the storyline quests taking you to lvl 59 seem to make this a much different experience than at launch.

Sure I’m in for a huge grind past lvl 60 or whatever, but getting to a state where it’s comfortable to do so was much easier.

Im 4 days in on a new character and already sitting at 207ap/277dp.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

I picked this back up since quitting in 2018 and I must say that all of the quality of life improvements have made this a vastly better game.

All of the assistance gearing via the season system and the storyline quests taking you to lvl 59 seem to make this a much different experience than at launch.

Sure I’m in for a huge grind past lvl 60 or whatever, but getting to a state where it’s comfortable to do so was much easier.

Im 4 days in on a new character and already sitting at 207ap/277dp.

You can quest from 59 to 61 in a couple of hours (like actually 2 hours) if you have the chenga tome, highly recommend it.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I'm reading the grumpy green guide on it right now...good to know.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Good lord this game is dizzying. It looks amazing though.

EDIT: My biggest challenge is that even just starting I have so many skills, and difficulty figuring out which to use, and when. The descriptions verge on word salad.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 5, 2021

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Is there a good updated overview of classes, I keep getting the urge to play but things have changed so much and I kind of want a TLDR

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
There are people who put general rundown of all classes every half year or so on youtube, I thought they where helpful to see what's going with classes at the time

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Is there a good updated overview of classes, I keep getting the urge to play but things have changed so much and I kind of want a TLDR

I've been using https://grumpygreen.cricket/

Seems to be the most up to date and current source for info. lot of useful guides

But there is a new class; the Corsair that is real new that I don't see much on. Had to join the class discord, but there is plenty of info there.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 5, 2021

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i asked before i think about the ~$200 startup cost or w/e, but i just realized - is that for participating in the endgame or whatever? Is it a fun ride up to that point?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's all convenience and quality of life

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ADVI-CEOF-HEID-EL21 - 150 Failstack
WAVE-OFCR-ONST-ONES - 500 Crons
WAVE-OFEX-CHCO-UPON - 3x Wep Exchange Coupons
WAVE-OFPI-RATE-LOOT -Treasure Box (300caphra 500crons T8 horse 7D blessing old moon
SEEW-HATI-SWRI-TTEN - Fine Acc Box III
THE1 - 00WA - SWOR - THIT - 5x Item scroll 3x Warm Black Tea

2021-HEID-ELHA-MMER - J HAMMER
SUMM-ER20-21SE-ASON
-Tuvala Ore x50
-Refined Magical Black Stone x50
-Time-filled Black Stone x300
-Cron Stone x100
-Rift's Echo x1

JOES-GUIL-DTAL-K101
-Combat & Skill EXP 300% Scroll (60 min)
-Extra Combat EXP Scroll
-Extra Skill EXP Scroll

DAYN-ASEA-SONS-TALK ( Time filled Black Stones x100 )
KAIO-URAC-USTO-MIZE (Black Spirit's Special Dice Piece x15)
JULY-SUMM-ERSE-ASON

Here are some current codes for free stuff, apologies for the formatting, cba to fix it.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 6, 2021

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Thank you!

EDIT: I can't seem to turn off the Enhancement spam. In the alert settings I turned off both success and failure for other players and that didn't do anything.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Tabletops posted:

i asked before i think about the ~$200 startup cost or w/e, but i just realized - is that for participating in the endgame or whatever? Is it a fun ride up to that point?

It's all QoL stuff but honestly you can probably get away with half that or less these days depending on how patient you are. I haven't really thought about the startup cost in a while The nice/must to haves at full price are:

Pets x5: $45, but you can buy from the market if you're patient or they tend to give these away. You can buy a lot of these if you want 5x T4 pets, but they do give away a t4 pet 1-2x a year. I think you get some of these for free from season quests but I don't know if they're permanent.
Inventory slots: $14.50 per 16 Between seasons giving extra inventory and them giving slots away occasionally, if you're patient you don't need to buy these. I'd still like having at least a +16 expansion on each character
Maids (remote storage/market access): $12 ea up to however many you want. They give these away at least a couple times a year
Tent (remote repair): $49 They never give these away. Best you'll see is 20-30% off. Some classes depend on this more than others

Then if you want to cook a lot, canape is $29.

Basically if you're patient and only buy things you can't get for free or for silver, you can easily come under $100. That'd require more patience than I have though.