Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gonna try this out and dick around a bit since the combat looks fun. seems like guardian is good to start with since its easier to play but still good? assassin dude looks neat but apparently hes hard as gently caress to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guardian with awakening was probably the most fun I had with a class. All her attacks have a lot of kinetic impact plus you are a huge amazon woman.

The newest class is also very strong. Incredible mobility and strong damage plus you turn into a mermaid.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Can confirm Guardian is good, I started playing when they first released guardian and it felt like a pretty good class to get started with. Running through the Season now on Corsair, not sure if I like it enough to stick with it, need to wait for the awakening to decide. Was playing around with Trial characters for Nova, Sage and Hashashin since they released after I last played, really like the different playstyles Nova has, and Sage attacks look incredible. They both seem like they would be more forgiving for newer players as well.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
If you like punching, mystic has some rad as hell midair combos that are incredibly fun.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

Thank you!

EDIT: I can't seem to turn off the Enhancement spam. In the alert settings I turned off both success and failure for other players and that didn't do anything.

I think it takes a client restart, I noticed the same thing, but it did stop eventually and I think that is just for the UI alert, you have to turn it off in chat separately

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

I think it takes a client restart, I noticed the same thing, but it did stop eventually and I think that is just for the UI alert, you have to turn it off in chat separately

Any alerts already in the queue when you change the setting will still play. Anything that generates a loading screen (connection drop, change channel/character, restart) will clear out the notification queue

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I retried this since PSO2 is being crappy, and I like the controller support for BDO. I'm trying a Mystic out right now and having fun with the combat. Is there a way to adjust the minimap in the upper left corner to zoom in a little bit? It makes identifying some of the NPCs tough.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I made a "seasonal" wizard, and a regular warrior, but the deluge of mysterious of items has me baffled. There's just so much stuff that I don't know what to do with.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Okay, after binging this and OCD rerolling classes, I am having a ton of fun with a Kunoichi in this game. I really wish more MMOs would incorporate combos into their combat. DCUO did it perfectly, and Warframe is a pretty close second. This game is definitely up there. I just like having to time attacks, hit combos, bounce around the screen, and pwn mobs.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

done with the season til Corsair Awakening i guess

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I made an alt and some of the main's quests appear in their list. How does that even work?

EDIT: I guess people keep their skills separate, so you would not do the same shared quest on two different characters.

EDIT 2: Wait, are housing and storage shared? I can see that I need to scale back on all that gathering/tradeskilling.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 11, 2021

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Yeah it’s all shared. You can get more storage slots by buying housing in the town with the storage option.

I’d recommend running through the main story line, that’ll give you a good chunk of contribution.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 11, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I have fallen in love with this game and it's action game-like combo-based combat. Fighting with my sexy kunoichi waifu is what I hoped SWTOR would be like after they showed off Satele flipping around and loving poo poo up in all of Bioware's dumb cinematic trailers. This is now what I imagine as I run from point to point, dashing and slashing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am confused by the seasonal servers, is leveling up really fast on those? One of the things about MMORPGs is that you stick with your characters for years, so this kinda throws me for a loop with starting over every few months, unless the advantages are really nice?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

It really is a huge boost to leveling and gearing. The armor has a higher chance to upgrade that non-season and going through the quests etc they throw tons of the upgrade mats at you.

At the end of the season and if you complete the season pass you get two coupons to exchange the season only gear to boss gear and then as a bonus you get an item that lets you mirror the season character you leveled to another character so you can potentially have two level 61-63 characters. (although only one set of gear between them I believe)

You get various rewards for leveling and doing certain tasks as well (there is an F2P track and a paid track to double the rewards). and then as a bonus you get a quest item so you can mirror your characters combat and skill xp to another character.

Edit: I've been back playing two weeks now and have a season character at level 61 with full PEN(V) season armor and TRI(III) accessories.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 15, 2021

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So while I know that you have to spend money in this game to be "viable" and have a "smooth" experience, around how much money is that exactly?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The actual exp boost from being in the seasonal server isnt that much from being in regular servers, the soft cap of 61 is just much easier to get to now than before. The big advantage of seasonal characters is all the extra loot and easy gearing you get. The gear you get is almost as good a tetra boss gear, which is one step above the sort of gear softcap of tri but the gear is locked for that character only.

When the game launched the softcap was I think like 53, its a big difference from before.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

So while I know that you have to spend money in this game to be "viable" and have a "smooth" experience, around how much money is that exactly?

If I may ask a piggyback question, exactly how miserable is the game going to be if you try to play it fully f2p?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

To expand my question, I realize that the game has no subscription like say WoW and instead tries to make all of it's money via the cash shop which it has no qualms of being overt about. The thing is if it turns out I only need to spend like $200 a year or something to get a quality experience then that isn't too far away from how much I'd pay for a yearly subscription for WoW or similar subscription based titles.

Or is the game experience only smooth and fair once you spend like $2,000?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do my cash shop cosmetics come with me across servers and when I make new characters? I require that I have my red panda with me wherever I go. :colbert:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pets transfer between characters, outfits are only applicable for the class you bought them on. Some big ticket QoL purchases like the tent also carries over. Everything else doesnt

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

punk rebel ecks posted:

To expand my question, I realize that the game has no subscription like say WoW and instead tries to make all of it's money via the cash shop which it has no qualms of being overt about. The thing is if it turns out I only need to spend like $200 a year or something to get a quality experience then that isn't too far away from how much I'd pay for a yearly subscription for WoW or similar subscription based titles.

Or is the game experience only smooth and fair once you spend like $2,000?

Ainsley McTree posted:

If I may ask a piggyback question, exactly how miserable is the game going to be if you try to play it fully f2p?

I played this game F2P for a long, long time (on both PC back in the day and console more recently). Buying stuff with "real" money is really for edge cases, serious players, min-maxing, etc. If you can only play 2-4 hours per day and you want to maximize your efficiency in grinding/play time, yes it really does help.

All that said, again, it's for maximizing efficiency. If you're fine with making progress at your own pace, there is nothing to buy that is an actual true requirement. Along with that, you often get really good items you'd otherwise need to purchase just through log-in rewards (logging in daily for 30+ days in a cycle) and/or regular events.

I emphatically do not consider this game pay to win and I highly recommend you get into it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I should also add that part of what appeals to me about this game is the lifeskills aspect of it; I like the idea of becoming a titan of industry on the backs of a workforce of drunk goblins

Is that part of the game also fairly approachable if you don't want to spend any real money, or does it start to get punishing quickly if you're just f2p?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Pets transfer between characters, outfits are only applicable for the class you bought them on. Some big ticket QoL purchases like the tent also carries over. Everything else doesnt

Perfect, no problem starting fresh on the season servers then.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Ainsley McTree posted:

I should also add that part of what appeals to me about this game is the lifeskills aspect of it; I like the idea of becoming a titan of industry on the backs of a workforce of drunk goblins

Is that part of the game also fairly approachable if you don't want to spend any real money, or does it start to get punishing quickly if you're just f2p?

Same thing - you can get to the end game for life skills all F2P. If you want to compete with other top-tier life skillers you'll probably need to spend some money to do so, but again it's really just spending money at the very end to squeeze every last bit of efficiency out. If you won't worry about that, then F2P is fine.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The cash shop really depends on how "competitive" you want to be and your playstyle. The game does a whole lot of creating problems to sell you the solution. Some of these things will be more relevant to certain playstyles than others. There is also a "loyalty" shop where you can spend a currency called loyalties on certain things. You get 200 loyalties per day you log in. I'll see if I can list some of the things you might potentially want to buy. All of these things do go on sale for 20-50% off at least a few times per year, and they give out discount coupons every now and then too you can stack on top.

-Pets. I think nowadays you get 3 pets for free from doing the main story questline. You can have out up to 5 pets at once, they pick up loot for you. They also have some other smaller bonuses and effects, but the main thing is the loot pick up. There are 4 tiers of pets, 1-4. Higher tier pets have lower cooldowns on how often they pick up loot. Pets are typically about $9 each standard price, and to get higher tier pets you have to basically combine lower tier pets together. They will give out free pets here and there a few times a year. Often there are either bundles on the cash shop, or RNG boxes that contain pets that some players don't need so they will sell the pets on the market for in-game silver. These are still really tough to buy, but if you pay attention to when those bundles/RNG boxes are being sold you can try to buy those specific pets with in-game silver on the market. If you're going to be grinding mobs, which is a big part of the game, you definitely want 5 pets. If you're going real fast, 5 tier1 pets definitely will leave some loot behind. Hell, even 5 tier4 pets will leave loot behind sometimes depending on the spot. But you'll be able to get a feel for if you care enough about this before spending much money on it. Early game spots are "1 shot" spots where the enemies tend to just fall over instantly, mid-late game spots they are tankier so the pet looting speed becomes less important. Pets are account wide.

-Max weight limit. This is a lot less important than it used to be. The game used to bombard you with tons of heavy loot items, but they've dialed a lot of that back. And you can stack a huge quantity of 1 item type on your horse, so when you're grinding a spot you park your horse nearby and dump all the vendor trash on it to carry the weight. Note that max weight limit purchases are character specific. You'll probably finish the main quest with around ~800 LT in max carry capacity I think. However there are certain parts of the game, like cooking, where max weight capacity is really drat useful to carry more stuff to craft in one batch. Max weight purchases tend to be roughly 9 or 10 bucks per 100 LT. These are not unlimited purchases though, you can only buy a fixed quantity of each weight bundle per character. You can buy 4 loyalty +50 weight upgrades at 3500 loyalties per. If you're just grinding mobs you can probably skate by spending very little here if anything, more on that in a bit.

-Inventory space. The main quest gives out quite a lot of inventory space these days. I think a new character after finishing the main quest can end up with 60-80ish inventory spaces which is plenty for most use cases. For reference the absolute max if you bought space is 192. It's like $14 per 16 spaces or so if you buy the +16 packs, the smaller packs have a worse price ratio than that. These are also character specific. You can buy +4 inventory spots for 1500 loyalties, limit 2 per character.

-Maids. Maids have 2 types, storage and transaction, and a 20 minute cooldown per maid. They let you deposit or withdraw 100 LT worth of a stack of items into the region's capital city bank, or the marketplace warehouse respectively. These are usable account wide and are very handy for that reason. They really help mitigate the need for max weight limit and inventory spaces for all of your characters. They give out several maids for free per year. Standard price they are like $12 each.

-Outfits. Most of the gear in this game has you looking like you're wearing a potato sack unless you buy an outfit. Outfits are about $34, however these are sold by whales constantly on the market. Every week there is a new batch of outfits on discount and whales buy those in bulk to sell, so with a little patience you can get an outfit for in-game silver at about 335 million silver per outfit. 335 million will seem like a lot at first but it is a very low amount of money. If an outfit never goes on sale though, whales almost never sell it so you'll have to settle for whatever is on discount if you're trying not to spend real money.

-Costumes. These have some sort of functional bonus to them, like increasing cook speed, or reducing AFK fishing time, or helping you train horses, helping you swim faster, or hiding your name/guild from other players, etc. These are $20-$30 a pop, character specific, and cannot be bought on the market. The cooking one is insanely useful if you care about cooking, and swimming is horrible without one of the fish/shark costumes.

-Extra character slots. You start with 4 I believe, extras are $6 a pop although when a new class comes out around every 3 months the extra slot goes on discount to $3. Alt characters are very useful in this game, you'll probably want a few extra slots. You can also buy slots with loyalties, 10k loyalties per.

-"Subscription" type buffs. Value pack, blessing of kamasylve, old moon book. These vary in usefulness depending on playstyle. Value pack is the most useful one, $15/30 days. Usually a couple times per year they will offer a big value pack with a better price per time ratio.

edit: Forgot to briefly mention there is a lot more convenience/QOL stuff on the shop than what I listed here, but I think I hit all the biggest things that you'll probably feel pressured to buy if you do end up getting into the game.

J fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 15, 2021

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The actual exp boost from being in the seasonal server isnt that much from being in regular servers, the soft cap of 61 is just much easier to get to now than before. The big advantage of seasonal characters is all the extra loot and easy gearing you get. The gear you get is almost as good a tetra boss gear, which is one step above the sort of gear softcap of tri but the gear is locked for that character only.

When the game launched the softcap was I think like 53, its a big difference from before.

Once the season ends the gear is family bound and not character locked.

Additionally if you use the boss gear exchange coupon, that gear can’t be sold.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ty for the answers!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

J posted:

Stuff
I just want my character to not look dumb, not be nerfed in combat, have no notable QoL issues.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I dropped the $30 bucks on the season pass and I've had ~30 days of value pack / old moon / kamasylve buff from the rewards from all of that, so thats nice, but you certainly can get away without buying the pass. also as a returning player the Olvia servers you have access to for 30 days are real nice for the buffs. There are also a ton a coupon codes to claim for free stuffs.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
There are no weapons or armor in the cash shop so combat has no P2W elements.

Most things from the cash shop can be acquired without spending real money as long as you're willing to wait. Other goons have already covered most of it but I wanted to add that IMO the only must-have item from the cash shop is the tent. The tent can't be acquired outside the cash shop but as new players you don't need to worry about the tent for a long time, as it's something that is needed only when you start doing heavy endgame grinding for PvE and maybe some lifeskills.

Besides the tent there are also the lifeskill costumes that J mentioned. These can be really helpful but I personally think they're not as important as the tent.

Finally there are the cash shop items related to horse skills and fairy skills. The skills that a horse or fairy gets are random and if you get a bunch of bad ones you need to use these cash shop items to reset their skills and re-train new ones. It can get pretty bad but there are ways around this. First, horses can be bought and sold on the player marketplace so you can just grind for silver and then buy a good horse instead of training one yourself. The game is also currently giving away a free Tier 8 horse with one of the rarest skills automatically learned, which is really good and will be enough for most players. Lastly, the skill reset items are occasionally given away for free or made available to purchase with Loyalties, the free log-in points, so it's possible to get enough freebies to make a fairy with the best skills if you're lucky.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is it ok to post a list of stuff clogging up my storage? I’d like to identify endgame stuff I can eliminate because I’m casual and will never need it. I’ve been getting showered with items that are a mystery to me.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Dick Trauma posted:

Is it ok to post a list of stuff clogging up my storage? I’d like to identify endgame stuff I can eliminate because I’m casual and will never need it. I’ve been getting showered with items that are a mystery to me.

Yeah post it, a lot of it can probably be either trashed, vendored, or consumed. There is also a trick you can use to create some extra storage space. Go to a stable in a city somewhere, at the stable you can buy a trade wagon. I forget the exact name but buy the one with the most number of inventory slots. Then throw your junk in it and put it back in the stable. Buy another trade wagon and repeat, the stable capacity will fill up. Once it fills up you just use "remote collect" instead of check in, and you can overfill the stable with just about as many trade wagons as you want. Name them something to remind you what items they have. Note that this won't work for "trade items" which get destroyed when remote collect is used. If you think you might want to get into horse training and breeding, then don't do this at a stable near where you would be catching horses since you need stable space for that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

This is most of it:

code:
Valks cry x 22
Blessing of Kamasylve 7 days x 2 (don't stack)
Mercenary's Skill 60 x 1
Item Collection Increase Scroll x 28
Premium Elixir Box x 3
Oasis Dream Chest x 2
Event high quality draught box x 5
Rainbow gem fruit x 3
Spirit pouch of ferocious beast x 3
J's hammer of loyalty
Tuvala ore x 54
Refined magical black stone x 20
time-filled black stone x 700
Burning moonlight black stone x 28
Cron stone x 676
Event daybreak stone x 4
Event secret scroll of devotion 20 x 2
Laila's petal x 6
Black gem fragment x 1
Ancient spirit dust x 38
Fairy powder x 15
Event artisan's memory x 20
Event advice of immortality x 4
Event shining shakatu's seal x 5
Event tachros's spirit stone x 1
Event magical elixir x 2
Enchanted scroll +20 x 1
Event secret book of old moon 7 days x 1
Event shakatu's shiny box Life x 1
Yona's fragment x 5
Advice of valks +50 x 1
Destruction spirit stone x 1
Event black magic crystal box x 1
Black spirit essence x 2
Event enhancement help kit II x 1
Theia's orb x 3
Caphras stone bundle - 5 x 2
Sharp black crystal shard - 3 x 1
Caphras stone x 6
Caphras stone bundle x 1
Event advice of safety x 3
Black spirit's adventurer box x 4
Arcana of fate box x 1
Sacred statue of ashula x 1
Concentrated magical black stone - weapon x 1
Whale tendon potion x 1
Variety of dim magical crystals
Variety of weapon exchange coupons

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

This is most of it:

code:
Valks cry x 22 -Save
Blessing of Kamasylve 7 days x 2 (don't stack)- Save
Mercenary's Skill 60 x 1 - Use when grinding/questing
Item Collection Increase Scroll x 28 - Use when grinding/questing
Premium Elixir Box x 3 - Open and drink now
Oasis Dream Chest x 2 open or save, its daily bonus items. You get 1 every 30min up to 12/day right now.
Event high quality draught box x 5 - Open and use for grinding
Rainbow gem fruit x 3
Spirit pouch of ferocious beast x 3
J's hammer of loyalty - Save
Tuvala ore x 54 - Used for enhancing seasonal gear...use
Refined magical black stone x 20 - used for enhancing
time-filled black stone x 700 - used for seasonal gear
Burning moonlight black stone x 28
Cron stone x 676 - used to prevent enhancement level drop above DUO gear. keep.
Event daybreak stone x 4 -smash these with the scrolls below to up grade...I personally got rid of these.
Event secret scroll of devotion 20 x 2 - See above.
Laila's petal x 6 - use these for the fairy quest at kamasylve temple - store
Black gem fragment x 1
Ancient spirit dust x 38 - used to make caphras stones - store.
Fairy powder x 15
Event artisan's memory x 20 - keep, used for repairing durability loss and upgrade fails
Event advice of immortality x 4
Event shining shakatu's seal x 5 - save/store
Event tachros's spirit stone x 1 - use
Event magical elixir x 2
Enchanted scroll +20 x 1
Event secret book of old moon 7 days x 1 - I use these. This is one of the "subscription" items exp bonus and a few other bonuses.
Event shakatu's shiny box Life x 1 - open it
Yona's fragment x 5 - save
Advice of valks +50 x 1 - save
Destruction spirit stone x 1 - use or sell
Event black magic crystal box x 1 - open
Black spirit essence x 2 - 
Event enhancement help kit II x 1 - open and bank the items
Theia's orb x 3 - store for fairy things
Caphras stone bundle - 5 x 2 - open and store these are used for non-seasonal gear
Sharp black crystal shard - 3 x 1 - store
Caphras stone x 6 - save/store
Caphras stone bundle x 1 - open/store
Event advice of safety x 3
Black spirit's adventurer box x 4 - open
Arcana of fate box x 1
Sacred statue of ashula x 1
Concentrated magical black stone - weapon x 1 - save/store/sell used for enhancing
Whale tendon potion x 1 - sell on the central market.
Variety of dim magical crystals - vendor them imo
Variety of weapon exchange coupons - save/store in case you think you might wanna change class, will let you switch weapons.

I did a quick run through of the items I recognized.

I would run through the main story quest and grind a little bit on the way through those zones, you will level quite quickly.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jL-U4O4gA0d4e5OdO6v7stmZi_2NDTy-FXdXkR7huv4/view#heading=h.4kt0d4od7v0a

Highly recommend following this guide if you are participating in the season with a new character. (I'd recommend doing that.)

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 17, 2021

J
Jun 10, 2001

Dick Trauma posted:

This is most of it:

code:
Valks cry x 22  - Save, these are for increasing a failstack
Blessing of Kamasylve 7 days x 2 (don't stack)  - Save, if you decide you like gathering these are very useful for more energy regen
Mercenary's Skill 60 x 1  - Use it for skill exp when you're grinding
Item Collection Increase Scroll x 28 - These are called "loot scrolls" by the community and significantly boost the amount of loot you get. If you are casual you will probably get more of these than you can ever use, so use one whenever you're grinding
Premium Elixir Box x 3 - Can open the box and consume these whenever they'd be applicable
Oasis Dream Chest x 2 - Open these, they give these out every day. Usually will have something you can use or sell on the market right away. 
Event high quality draught box x 5 - See premium elixir box. 
Rainbow gem fruit x 3 - Sell on market, these are for making tier9 horses which you won't have to worry about for a long rear end time if ever. 
Spirit pouch of ferocious beast x 3 - Same as rainbow gem fruit. 
J's hammer of loyalty - Save this, it gives you a free shot at an enhancement attempt. Do note it has an expiry date but I would stall and use it later once you're more familiar with how enhancing works. 
Tuvala ore x 54  - Save these, these are for acquiring tuvala gear which is for seasonal characters.
Refined magical black stone x 20 - Use these to guarantee a tri tuvala enhancement. 
time-filled black stone x 700 - These are for enhancing tuvala gear, save these to enhance your season characters gear, and as a new player you definitely want to be playing seasons. 
Burning moonlight black stone x 28 - Save these, these are for the pen accessory daily questline and are using for enhancing that accessory. I would recommend picking crescent guardian ring. 
Cron stone x 676 - Save these, they protect an item from downgrading on a failed enhancement attempt. 
Event daybreak stone x 4   - I don't remember what these are lol
Event secret scroll of devotion 20 x 2 - Don't remember these either
Laila's petal x 6 - You can turn these in at the node "kamasylve temple" east of heidel for fairy wings. Fairy wings unbox into a random tier fairy. You want a tier4 fairy (I think the prefix is "radiant" but I could be mis remembering). 
Black gem fragment x 1 - Sell on market
Ancient spirit dust x 38 - Hit L, select simple alchemy, and select ancient spirit dust and a blackstone armor or blackstone weapon to turn 5 dust into 1 caphras stone. Then sell the caphras stone on market. 
Fairy powder x 15 - I think this is just the 10k silver vendor trash item. 
Event artisan's memory x 20  - Save these, when you fail an enhance the gear loses max durability. You can use either memory fragments or a duplicate copy of the gear to repair the max durability, and artisan's multiply that repair value by 5. 
Event advice of immortality x 4 - Right click these, they will either turn into another advice of  _____ thingie to click on, or will turn into a random reward item that you can probably sell on the market or use immediately.
Event shining shakatu's seal x 5 - Save these, you get 10 a month + sometimes random giveaways on top of that and the exchangable items are worth quite a bit. 
Event tachros's spirit stone x 1 - An unrepairable alchemy stone that isn't particularly special. You can just use it when appropriate by equipping it and hitting U, or checking the "auto use" box below it. When it runs out of fuel you can toss it. 
Event magical elixir x 2 - Turns a 15 minute draught into a 1 hour draught. As a new player this is whatever, you could vendor it if is has silver value or toss it, not a big deal. 
Enchanted scroll +20 x 1 - Save these, these can be crafted into "advice of valks +20" which is a consumable item to give you what the community calls a "Failstack" that boosts your enhancing chance. 
Event secret book of old moon 7 days x 1 - Gives exp buffs and some other perks. Save this for a 7 day period where you feel like you'll have the most time to be playing to take advantage of the exp boosts. 
Event shakatu's shiny box Life x 1 - Open it and most likely sell whatever it spits out on the market. 
Yona's fragment x 5 - save these, you'll need em for the pen accessory quest later. 
Advice of valks +50 x 1 - save this
Destruction spirit stone x 1 - Equip it and use it when grinding by pressing U or using the "auto use" checkbox on the character equipment sheet. When it runs out of durability you can unequip it, hit L, select "Grind", and grind it into mystical spirit powder which can repair other alchemy stones that are actually repairable. Spirit stones are not repairable but normal alchemy stones are. 
Event black magic crystal box x 1- open it, probably sell the contents. 
Black spirit essence x 2 - Normally you can't remove crystals from your gear without one of these, a cash shop item. Save these. 
Event enhancement help kit II x 1 - Open it and save or sell the contents. 
Theia's orb x 3 - Save these although you probably wont use them for a long time. Used for rerolling fairy skills which do help a lot but this is normally a cash shop item. 
Caphras stone bundle - 5 x 2 - Open and sell, caphras stones are an end game thing you don't need to worry about for a while. 
Sharp black crystal shard - 3 x 1 - Sell, this is an enhancement mat for non-season weapons. 
Caphras stone x 6 - Sell
Caphras stone bundle x 1 - Open and sell
Event advice of safety x 3 - Right click, it will either turn into another advice of ____, or give you a random reward. Probably sell the reward. 
Black spirit's adventurer box x 4 - Open, sell the contents. 
Arcana of fate box x 1 - Open, right click on all the thingies it gives which are for the black spirit board game. 
Sacred statue of ashula x 1 - I think this is just vendor trash? 
Concentrated magical black stone - weapon x 1 - Sell, this is a non-season weapon enhancement mat
Whale tendon potion x 1- Sell
Variety of dim magical crystals - Newbie starter crystals. Use em or toss em don't think it matters
Variety of weapon exchange coupons - Save these, they give them out very rarely and can change weapon types from one class to another. Useful for rerolling at end game when you have real expensive weapons. 

My thoughts - when I use the term "Sell" I mean on the marketplace, not to a vendor. If it goes to a vendor I tried to say "Vendor" instead.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Thank you both for the time you put into this.

EDIT: First character I made is seasonal, but I immediately made several alts to test out the classes. I've been enjoying gathering and crafting so I've spent alot of time on that, but I'm taking each alt through the main quest to see if I like them. Will probably purge a couple to make room to try the last classes that interest me. Today I'm making beer for my worker and feed for my pets and that's given me the chance to try new things like collecting and purifying water so I don't have to buy it.

I think I will see if I can grab a few more house in Velia to boost my storage, which will take the pressure off of managing all this stuff.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 17, 2021

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

Thank you both for the time you put into this.

EDIT: First character I made is seasonal, but I immediately made several alts to test out the classes. I've been enjoying gathering and crafting so I've spent alot of time on that, but I'm taking each alt through the main quest to see if I like them. Will probably purge a couple to make room to try the last classes that interest me. Today I'm making beer for my worker and feed for my pets and that's given me the chance to try new things like collecting and purifying water so I don't have to buy it.

I think I will see if I can grab a few more house in Velia to boost my storage, which will take the pressure off of managing all this stuff.

If you aren't aware, at character selection you can select the trial tab and have a level 60 with full skill points to take to the battle arena.

Obviously no progession or anything saved, but a good way to try out a leveled character.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 18, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

If you aren't aware, at character selection you can select the trial tab and have a level 60 with full skill points to take to the battle arena.

Obviously no progession or anything saved, but a good way to try out a leveled character.

Awesome, thank you for this. I'm also a newbie at this game and did not know this. I will do this before making a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My main Seasonal character is still wrestling with inventory management instead of questing, so I created one of those little elf characters to try lifeskills. I'm also taking the character through the MQ and I was amazed at how much I found to do in the starting region, long after I received quests to go to Heidel. I've only scratched the surface with nodes and workers, some of it is appealing, some less so.

Decided to go check out Heidel just for the heck of it, but ran into several quests along the way that distracted me, wound up back "home" making meat stews and stir-fry! I was disappointed to find out that the purified water I'd been producing does not replace mineral water in cooking recipes. Who cooks with mineral water anyway?

I got a token for a golden horse, and it goes quick but is barely controllable. Of all the things to be flummoxed by. Leaving my first horse back in the starter region for my other alts to use while I keep trying to get all the way to Heidel.

Is it bad that I give each alt a single lifeskill just so they can generate a little income while they're out in the world? So one is logging, another collecting meat, etc. The elf is doing all the heavy lifting skillwise.