Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

gh0stpinballa posted:

weird to think i probably won't vote again. this is what freedom feels like.

it's definitely freed up a lot of real estate in my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1364633998429945856?s=20

Hearty lol if they just scrap the position of mayor rather than letting the Labour right force their preferred candidate in

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

sebzilla posted:

Lockdown clothing chat, some MP got told he couldn't speak in a debate (via Zoom) unless he put on a jacket earlier. Jumpers are Not Parliamentary Attire.

Which is bullshit imo. If I were an MP I'd be slouching into Parliament in a band hoody.

Regretting not being an MP so complaints about my Pikachu onesie could be entered into Hansard

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Guavanaut posted:

He tries to, but he only gets a little bit of the can open with the little key thing before the strip of metal snaps so he tries to pry it open with the handle of the spoon but ends up bending the spoon and tearing the can and catching his thumb on a bit of the tear and getting one of those little bleeds that's just annoying but will get all over your clothes and by the time he's located he's sat on the pantry floor with his thumb in his mouth and a bent spoon in his other hand and smears of corned beef down his shirt.
UK is still in Council of Europe afaik

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TACD posted:

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1364633998429945856?s=20

Hearty lol if they just scrap the position of mayor rather than letting the Labour right force their preferred candidate in

It is something they can do with control of the council. It would please me very much if they still took them to court over the deselections while also doing this.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
A former French ambassador has a book out

:mrapig:

quote:

“David Cameron was always telling other heads of government that he would win and he rejected any help from EU countries,” she told Rusi. She said that if Cameron had warned the EU that he was going to lose, Europe would have come up with a new offer on migration. British ministers told her that they might win with as much as 60% of the vote.
x

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao how bad was Cameron at just everything

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

I suppose that means he was probably a MI5 plant.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

radmonger posted:

I suppose that means he was probably a MI5 plant.

He had to toe the line or MI5 would release the pigfucker files.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Guavanaut posted:

and despite this he still managed to outwit the lib dems so hard they destroyed their own party lmao.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is offering them stuff only to have them say "no we're good without it" and then fall on their rear end outsmarting them? Seems he only outsmarted the lib dems in the same way that the eu outsmarted him.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Guavanaut posted:

Is offering them stuff only to have them say "no we're good without it" and then fall on their rear end outsmarting them? Seems he only outsmarted the lib dems in the same way that the eu outsmarted him.

lmao i completely memoryholed the fact he tried multiple times to save the lib dems.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i mean cameron is obviously shithouse but maybe the EU should take a look at itself if its all yeah we could have done more for you but took your membership for granted.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

bessantj posted:

OH NO!!! Our ability to kill brown people is being severely diminished!
Does size matter for Britain's shrinking Army?

Also

Kim Darroch, the former British ambassador to Washington, recently said the message from the Pentagon was "…do not go down any further and expect to retain your current credibility".
Lmao.

The British army's sole purpose is to create the illusion of a coalition so the real risk the Americans are worried about is their own credibility. It looks a bit silly when your coalition partners all arrive in the same land rover.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

we dont really do landrovers anymore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1364636246098780162

Hell yeah Oh HELL YEAH

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waiting for the LAS types to get on this clear violation of the Macpherson Principle in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Starmer is running the Labour party the same way I'd run the Tory party.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah it seems like David Cameron is the actual good guy in this story? The EU offered to throw migrants under the bus to stop brexit, but Cameron (like everyone) was confident enough that Remain would win that he told them no don't do that?

loving lol that the EU offer to shore up the vote was immigration rather than any of the systemic inequality pain machines though.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The EU is not a good thing.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

like if its a nazi youre giving it to then air is bad? .....!

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

NotJustANumber99 posted:

we dont really do landrovers anymore.

Sorry. Ineos Grenadiers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Endjinneer posted:

Sorry. Ineos Grenadiers.

lol theyre cool. apart from like the dude involved and stuff.

but no way more expensive than those

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

WhatEvil posted:

This is good and valid but some people don't feel like that and people who do and don't get value from "prettying themselves up" should respect each other. People are different, innit.

I'm not saying that people ITT are being disrespectful btw but I've seen it quite a lot on twitter etc. when people have complained about not being able to get a haircut or their nails done or whatever and I get it - I'm a total caveman most of the time, don't give a crap about my appearance or anything but for a lot of people it's self-care which has a big mental component as well as the physical. Plus it's just nice to be pampered once in a while - it's a little luxury that can help you relax and feel good about yourself.

It's no bother, glad I could help!

And absolutely on the bolded point. Let people be as they want to be. It's just that some bits of it help me more than I perhaps expected. Sorry for the late reply BTW.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've 'worked from home' for almost 14 years now. I shower daily and wash my hair most days, shave my legs and all that stuff because it makes ME feel better even if I'm not going to see anyone. I don't wear makeup though. I have very sensitive skin and just about anything irritates it.

This is absolutely fair too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

Starmer is running the Labour party the same way I'd run the Tory party.

He's running Labour like I'd run Labour: burning that poo poo to the ground baby!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Necrothatcher posted:

Re contrapoints- I just don't like that every video has to be like 90 minutes long. Condense that poo poo I've got things to do.

Hard disagree, contra is amazing because she steelmans the 'opposing' view, doesn't cuck away from strongly supporting a stance but also admits if she's not sure about something, and it's all wrapped up in self-deprecating honesty and high aesthetic.

Like if we consider "Youtube video" a new medium then I'd call this the best example of that medium, it loving rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1dJ8whOM8E

It can't really be condensed. If you want a video that just affirms your views in the most efficient time possible then honestly try mirror affirmations instead.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Yeah now I know you're just a troll

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Hard disagree, contra is amazing because she steelmans the 'opposing' view, doesn't cuck away from strongly supporting a stance but also admits if she's not sure about something, and it's all wrapped up in self-deprecating honesty and high aesthetic.

Like if we consider "Youtube video" a new medium then I'd call this the best example of that medium, it loving rules https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1dJ8whOM8E

It can't really be condensed. If you want a video that just affirms your views in the most efficient time possible then honestly try mirror affirmations instead.

"Cuck away"

What is wrong with you?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

born rich and given every opportunity in life, grows up with a gamblers mentality that he wins every coin toss by being inherently better at everything, fails upwards to become de facto head of the country, shrivels into a small lump of dried scrambled egg and resigns to spend a year in his shed the first time he loses something

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think its probably supposed to be duck away

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

kecske posted:

It is he unconscious urges rising to the surface of he brain

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

kecske posted:

Do not give Vitamin P the benefit of the doubt. It does not end well for you.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kier starmer angrily posting online about idology being as fake as round earth theory

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also I don't mind Nat's comments about enby folks because it's clear she's a shitposter who got a way bigger audience than she expected and responded the way shitposters do.

Of course, I didn't expect her to be correct, just entertaining.

She's a garbage fire with poorly thought out opinions, and yet the ability to learn. And that would be the exact reason I keep watching.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Theres no such thing, he screams. Neoliberalism is just a word, and the reason the water doesnt run off is the ring of mountains at the edge.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

Do not give Vitamin P the benefit of the doubt. It does not end well for you.

I mean its not like they don't have lots and lots of form for that particular word.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Rumda posted:

Yeah now I know you're just a troll

Discount Pissflaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

The Party of the Working Class in abrupt and some might say, unusual, policy turn.

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1364598580347076611?s=20

hosed up that labour is positioning itself as the party of austerity