Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk did anyone else learn that it was pronounced "YOU-Fee" today

I know, people say "it's Japanese, of course it is" but I didn't know anything about Japanese in the 90s

You've been lied to. It's Yuff-ee as in scruffy. And Kate Sith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Exclusive footage of Jay Rust having the time of his life playing video games with his co-op pal

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i was thinking about things i dont like in video games in the shower and the first two were competition and repetition and i was like heh those rhyme

competitive is repetitive

compete repeat

why do these words keep rhyming

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like asynchronous competition, where I can compare myself to other people and get a sense I'm improving, day over day

actual competitive multiplayer modes are largely unappealing to me though yeah

repetition is so broad I'm not sure I have an opinion on it as a whole

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arzaac posted:

Only watched part of 3 Houses via my roommate, but Edelgard definitely struck me as one of those "pretty fascist but it's okay because she's hot" kind of characters.
absolutely not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only good kind of competitive video games are local multiplayer so I can gloat about spanking my friends. I don't care about whether I'm better or not than nerds on the internet (cause I know a bunch of 12 year olds will own me :( )

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pannenkoek at it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2bcf-tE1gk

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

once i saw a rando on twitter get Extremely Angry at a yter tweeting "oh man edelgards so cool i don't wanna betray herrrr :(" and went WELL SHES ACTUALLY A FASCIST AND FURTHERMORE in the replies a ton, and then they said that rhea could cold clock her onto the floor......

thats my 'papist 3h fan' story,

also theres half a presses, but what about half b presses??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Booky posted:

also theres half a presses, but what about half b presses??

yeah

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Exclusive footage of Jay Rust having the time of his life playing video games with his co-op pal

that's a pretty sick CRT

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I get friend requests in apex legends sometimes but I cannot abandon the path of the single player gamer

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

every single 3h discussion inevitably turns into edelgard discourse, eventually

you can set your watch by it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I never could get into Fire Emblem games, myself, but they're fun to read about. I love how her official imperial crown seems to be just a fair of golden devil's horns. :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

3 of my Pokemon died tonight during my 2nd Nuzlocke run of Shield :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sounds like someone didn't train them well enough

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Super Effective moves are bullshit when the other team gets to use them as well

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

No no let’s not do Edelgard discourse please

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk did anyone else learn that it was pronounced "YOU-Fee" today

No I played Kingdom Hearts where I think they said it aloud

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

No no let’s not do Edelgard discourse please

Look it's this or Bowsette so pick your poison

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3 houses paths as SMT alignments

Church is Law
Edelgard is Chaos
Golden Deer are Neutral/Humanity

I dunno about blue lions because I both didn’t play them and also ran out. Alignments

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Link me Valheim videos that convince me to buy it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've said it before because I'm a broken record but the smash bros 3 houses dlc should've worked liked pokemon trainer worked instead of what they ended up doing.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

people mostly criticize the story but the gameplay isn't exactly praiseworthy either. the director insisted the devs use sideways wiimote only (with occasional pointer for missile aiming), no nunchuck or any other controller options, because he wanted to emulate the nes controller on a 3d game for some reason

needing more buttons than an nes is just lazy game design. poo poo is ridiculous these days. oh i need a dedicated button for crouching. i need a dedicated button for looking at stuff. give me a break

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

Bowsette and it’s not close

Infinitum posted:

Link me Valheim videos that convince me to buy it.

Does ShallNoiseUpon have that picture he took of the creek we found getting my stuff back? It was really, really pretty.

All the videos you can find are IS THIS THE NEW ROBLOX? 69 VALHEIM TRICKS THE SJWS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

needing more buttons than an nes is just lazy game design. poo poo is ridiculous these days. oh i need a dedicated button for crouching. i need a dedicated button for looking at stuff. give me a break

In the 50 cent game you had a dedicated cuss button

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZahGP4A1O9E&t=100s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

IS THIS THE NEW ROBLOX?

Does it contain gachapon poo poo?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Does it contain gachapon poo poo?

It doesn’t I just farted out a name of another game streamers play

Valheim is cool Infinitum you should check it out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

Bowsette and it’s not close

Oh buddy did you choose wrong

*unfurls my portfolio of tasteful fan art*

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

It doesn’t

Better than roblox then

e: I wonder if the US will ever try to crack down on gacha poo poo aimed at kids because that poo poo is gross but idk if it is something enough politicians even have any association with to lean way or the other on it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Better than roblox then

e: I wonder if the US will ever try to crack down on gacha poo poo aimed at kids because that poo poo is gross but idk if it is something enough politicians even have any association with to lean way or the other on it

The US will never crack down on anything that makes money ever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...s-and-farpoint/

:bisonyes:

Hype for free FF7 + Maquette

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

The US will never crack down on anything that makes money ever

They will if it makes money for the "wrong people" :\

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Youtube recommended me this and I can't stop going back to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgd7l4-3eE

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kerrzhe posted:

i was thinking about things i dont like in video games in the shower and the first two were competition and repetition and i was like heh those rhyme

competitive is repetitive

compete repeat

why do these words keep rhyming

Don't retreat, defeat!

Keep the peace, Cochise!

Hold the line sunshine!

...I may have been up all night playing AI The Somnium Files (and I still haven't even gotten my second ending yet)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Youtube recommended me this and I can't stop going back to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAgd7l4-3eE

What kind of crappy UI obscures all of the menu options except the currently selected one? 0/10

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Looper posted:

people mostly criticize the story but the gameplay isn't exactly praiseworthy either. the director insisted the devs use sideways wiimote only (with occasional pointer for missile aiming), no nunchuck or any other controller options, because he wanted to emulate the nes controller on a 3d game for some reason

This isn't actually true, Sakamoto originally planned to have the game take place on a 2d plane in a 3d environment (think Kirby 64), but Team Ninja said "look, we can sort of do 3d movement with the sideways wiimote". For once, Sakamoto isn't to blame for a bad decision in Other M (although I guess he's still to blame for not saying no, but it wasn't his idea).

stev posted:

What kind of crappy UI obscures all of the menu options except the currently selected one? 0/10

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Mario rpg lays out the commands in a nice diamond shape that corresponds to the buttons’ locations on the controller, this supposed banjo rpg does not and is a major FAIL

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The commands should be in honey comb shape around Banjo imo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

Don't retreat, defeat!

Keep the peace, Cochise!

Hold the line sunshine!

...I may have been up all night playing AI The Somnium Files (and I still haven't even gotten my second ending yet)

Water.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cardiovorax posted:

I never could get into Fire Emblem games, myself, but they're fun to read about. I love how her official imperial crown seems to be just a fair of golden devil's horns. :allears:

She literally becomes Satan in at least one run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
edelgard did nothing wrong

Procrastine posted:

This isn't actually true, Sakamoto originally planned to have the game take place on a 2d plane in a 3d environment (think Kirby 64), but Team Ninja said "look, we can sort of do 3d movement with the sideways wiimote". For once, Sakamoto isn't to blame for a bad decision in Other M (although I guess he's still to blame for not saying no, but it wasn't his idea).

misled by a let's play once again :negative: