Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We had mandatory music classes from grades 1 to 6 I think, it included reading sheet music and yeah playing recorder, I still have mine :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why don’t the Slay the spire characters share ascension level

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is it with the recorder, is it just because it's cheap to mass-produce

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a wind instrument that doesnt require any technique to produce a note. Vs like blowing across a flute hole, vibrating a reed, or eating a trumpets rear end in a top hat

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is it with the recorder, is it just because it's cheap to mass-produce
The cheap plastic ones are also basically indestructible.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And yes, cheap. I think I had to pay USD $5 for my son's recorder.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Has anyone posted a review some where of pondsmith's Witcher ttrpg? It's dense as hell and I want an overview but it doesn't look like there's a f&f review, and obviously it's not big enough to get its own thread.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubWL8VAPoYw

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Card Quest is getting active development and a remaster this year :neckbeard:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/493080/view/5262989303550253673

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Was excited for the chance to include nori (seaweed) in the latest bowl. I also ordered restaurant-style bowls so in the future I won't be running danger zones where the bowl is filled to 99% capacity lol

Broth: Chicken thigh, 2 scallion whites, half a tomato, 1/8 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 1.25 cups water
Soup base: 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp mirin, 1 tbsp gochujang, dash of dashi powder
Toppings: Chicken thigh, 1/2 shiitake mushroom (both brushed with sesame oil and salt and pepper), 1 stalk broccolini, bunch of spinach, slivers of carrot, soft-boiled egg, nori, scallion greens, and shichi-mi tōgarashi

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack has so many bangers its ridiculous. I'm also playing noted good soundtrack games Doom Eternal and Ori Will of the Wisps and SOR4 is just in a class by itself.

That's my contribution to music chat

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Re: those daft punk lads, good luck to them, I never realized they had actual Fans who Cared about them, but that’s on me, I’ve met Coldplay fans so it makes sense that there are daft punk fans out there too

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
today i learned i'm older than the average person :smithfrog:

i just randomly googled it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

nachos posted:

Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack has so many bangers its ridiculous. I'm also playing noted good soundtrack games Doom Eternal and Ori Will of the Wisps and SOR4 is just in a class by itself.

That's my contribution to music chat

The Streets of Rage guy does Etrian Odyssey, right? That guy’s poo poo is so good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the "streets of rage guy" is yuzo koshiro, who didn't do much on sor4, just the main theme and a couple of guest tracks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yuzo Koshiro is a pretty cool guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqbixY5H0s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97Zh7Uu-sE&t=656s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/lpykvb/the_only_game_released_by_googles_game_studio_has/

The only game released by Google's internal Stadia studio, a Stadia port of Journey to the Savage Planet, which was released on the same day that the studio was shut down, is broken to the point of being unplayable and nobody can do anything about it because Google did in fact fire all the devs.

And the best part is that this game that got hosed over by a publisher was directed by the guy who a month or two ago said on Twitter that streamers should be paying publishers a license to stream their games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

today i learned i'm older than the average person :smithfrog:

i just randomly googled it

The average age in the US is 38. That will be my wife's age in 8 months. :)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
median always seemed like the more useless statistic compared to mean and even mode. Who even cares what the middle number is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hatty posted:

median always seemed like the more useless statistic compared to mean and even mode. Who even cares what the middle number is

lots of people, extremely often, because it isn't warped by extreme values. Like for income, median is a much better measure of the average than the mean, because a single billionaire in your sample size will noticeably drag the average income of an entire country upwards

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Re: those daft punk lads, good luck to them, I never realized they had actual Fans who Cared about them, but that’s on me, I’ve met Coldplay fans so it makes sense that there are daft punk fans out there too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

cheetah7071 posted:

lots of people, extremely often, because it isn't warped by extreme values. Like for income, median is a much better measure of the average than the mean, because a single billionaire in your sample size will noticeably drag the average income of an entire country upwards

Never thought about that. thanks, now I can appreciate all three

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Daft Punk is pretty OK and I have no strong feelings about them one way or the other

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, thanks for telling us plebeian carers how cool you are for being indifferent.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

When I heard the Daft Punk news I was confused because I thought they were broken up already because it'd been eight years since RAM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

And the best part is that this game that got hosed over by a publisher was directed by the guy who a month or two ago said on Twitter that streamers should be paying publishers a license to stream their games.
this is pretty much cemented as one of my favorite tweets of all time now
https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/1319333307595821068

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
woof that ratio

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, thanks for telling us plebeian carers how cool you are for being indifferent.

You're welcome

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/lpykvb/the_only_game_released_by_googles_game_studio_has/

The only game released by Google's internal Stadia studio, a Stadia port of Journey to the Savage Planet, which was released on the same day that the studio was shut down, is broken to the point of being unplayable and nobody can do anything about it because Google did in fact fire all the devs.

Double irony, dudes Twitter banner was a fan art of streamer Jacksepticeye that Hutchinson took and cropped out the artist credit from

https://twitter.com/Jack_Septic_Eye/status/1319479678806204419?s=19

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it was an okay game judging by goon opinions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there really a whole genre of Japanese media that's just stories of people going out to eat at restaurants by themselves

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there really a whole genre of Japanese media that's just stories of people going out to eat at restaurants by themselves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_1KUi9zWUc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wait until you hear about dungeon meshi

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I have been watching Midnight Diner so Netflix pushed up "Samurai Gourmet" and I thought "Oh this is all like Wakakozake" and then the blurb said this was actually a follow-up series from the makers of "Solitary Gourmet"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Today I learned that the Neo Geo Pocket Color was actually profitable in America. SNK only shut it down due to it flopping in Japan.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah I have been watching Midnight Diner so Netflix pushed up "Samurai Gourmet" and I thought "Oh this is all like Wakakozake" and then the blurb said this was actually a follow-up series from the makers of "Solitary Gourmet"

I watched Midnight Diner until the second to the last episode of season 1. I really disliked some of the messages it was putting out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Last Celebration posted:

The Streets of Rage guy does Etrian Odyssey, right? That guy’s poo poo is so good.

Yuzo did some guest tracks on SOR4 but most of the OST was composed by Oliver Deriviere.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This guy was a bad boss fight imo

Oracle of Ages, second temple boss

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I watched Midnight Diner until the second to the last episode of season 1. I really disliked some of the messages it was putting out.

I got bad news about basically any Japanese drama show's social messages lol.

Watching that stuff feels like reading comics from the 50s sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

If you ever remake the Oracles, Nintendo, do them in WW's style please. Might not be the right era, but it's the best look.