Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
White Wolf/Onyx Path Publishing has a kickstarter out for an expansion to their Scion tabletop rpg and the expansion is basically about doing this

But with dragons actually being this semi-secret society separate from pantheons and gods and titans and having existed before those were even things but have now either had to adapt to become part of them for their own survival or otherwise go into hiding and name human heirs to run their errands.

Anyway, I wanted to bring it up because in one of their prerelease manuscripts they talk about the different groupings of dragons and that the lindwurm group is made up of dragons who are extremely focused on gathering information and learning as much as they can and uploading it into the dragon memory cloud all dragons can pull from while also trying to piece together which pieces of the memories belong to them in particular. The list of notable lindwurms that you can become heir to are:

Vishap of Armenian mythology
Jormungandr, Nidhoggr, and Jormungandr of Norse mythology
and the Loch Ness monster

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nm, playing gnomoria, wizard101, and this hidden object game where you find cats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats the sound effect when you reveal a cat?

I think they just meow. The game's called Hidden Paws. You look around some snowy islands opening up windows and boxes and looking around rocks to find the cats. And also yarn balls.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Using buffs, debuffs, and specific types of attacks in shadow hearts covenant & from the new world in order to knock enemies into the air/knock them to the ground and combo and double combo them and end with a massive buffed attack from your max level fire fusion was rad as hell, working to earn all of these fun tools to just absolutely wreck enemies and bosses is a grand time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how ff4 always had a party of 5 and the difficulty was designed around who you would have access to the time. Skies of Arcadia did the same thing.

Similarly I liked how ff9 had some later dungeons where you did the whole "party splits up" thing but with some twists like having a dungeon where your magic is disabled so don't send your magic casters there except if you send only your physical fighters there then you won't have your physical fighters available for this other place your magic casters have to go to or the dungeon where the weaker your equipment stats get flipped so weak equipment is better than strong equipment and you might find yourself temporarily switching in party members whose equipment you haven't been keeping properly upgraded.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I want unlimited party size. Like a Pokemon game where I can just pull from my PC Boxes at any point. Or better yet, let me use as many as I want at one time. I'm talking full blown hundreds of pokemon at once, all answering to one command prompt at the same time.

The All the Bravest fan has logged on

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In another world we would've had Vega Dollars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Possibly even Balrog Bucks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Mass Effect 3 is my favourite of the series and I never once played the multiplayer.

I am very excited to show Lady VG my favourite video game trilogy too :D

Trying to think of other good game trilogies (that only have 3 games) and I am coming up a bit of a blank.

Max Payne is one. I think modern Hitman is another. Post your favourite video game trilogies!

King's Field
Turok
X-COM Ufo Defense/Terror from the Deep/Apocalypse
TimeSplitters
Do the Phoenix Wright games count? Yeah they made sequels but the first 3 tied together well enough and Apollo Justice was trying to move on to something else before going back to stuff like Spirit of Justice
Probably Shining Force 3 or whatever it was that was 3 games where actions in one changed stuff in the other
Soul Blazer/Illusion of Gaia/Terranigma
.hack//G.U.
Mother/Earthbound/Mother 3
UFO Aftershock/Aftermath/Afterlight
Avernum is split into 2 trilogies and they're both good
Shadow Hearts
Alien vs Predator
Dragon Quest 1-3 and 4-6 are both trilogies set in their own universe I think
Can probably toss in SaGa 1-3 as well aka Final Fantasy Legend 1-3 before they got more experimental with SaGa stuff
Spyro
Big Bumpin/Sneak King/Pocketbike Racer
Sly Cooper
Crash Bandicoot
Team ICO stuff
Ninja Gaiden
Duke Nukem Trilogy (Critical Mass, Chain Reaction, Proving Grounds)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Streets of Rage
Jill of the Jungle
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse, or whatever the trilogy was where you could play co-op with a friend and one of the games had playable Mickey and Donald but Donald kept getting lovely knockoff versions of Mickey's special outfits

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Streets of Rage is no longer a trilogy!

IMO it's still a trilogy in spirit because while a 4th game came out, it was long long after the fact and there exists things like that Streets of Rage fan version of 3 or whatever that combined a bunch of stuff into a sorta supergame. It's more that there were 3 games and then it was kinda just there until they moved forward, not like other games where the first 3 might be the best but they kept developing more relatively consistently so the series isn't just based around the first 3 titles (see Resident Evil, Silent Hill, stuff like that)

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for some of these (even if some are actually game series with more than three entries in ;) like dragon quest).

Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3 are all set in the same world and iirc 4, 5, and 6 are also set in the same world and both form trilogies in their respective series as a whole, similar to how there's the Final Fantasy X trilogy, or like how Final Fantasy 13 is technically part of 2 different trilogies, first being FF13, FF Type-0, and FF15, and the other being FF13, FF13-2, and Lightning Returns.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Well I was trying to think of self contained trilogies and only ever three games and you are right in that Mass Effect does not meet that criteria because of Andromeda (which I completely forgot about).

I guess it does not happen much. Max Payne only had three. Sly cooper, Earthbound and Spyro too (thanks FAK).

3 and done is actually pretty rare.

IIRC Spyro even went on to have an additional trilogy of games with some God of War combat or something like that. Crash Bandicoot underwent a revamp as well which resulted in a trilogy of games that were uhhh... Twinsanity, Crash of the Titans, and Mind Over Mutant I think.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Trilogy posting: I think GTA4 counts as a trilogy as well depending on how you look at it because you've got GTA4, GTA Lost and the Damned, and GTA Ballad of Gay Tony, and the argument can be made that GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas also form a trilogy.

There is also the 8-Bit series which is a bunch of RTS games themed after different major RTS lines. 8-Bit Armies which is Command & Conquer, 8-Bit Invaders (or maybe it was aliens or invasion, idk) is Starcraft, and 8-Bit Hoards (or Orcs or something, can't remember that either) is Warcraft.

And speaking of Command & Conquer, Red Alert 1 through 3 are pretty good though there is a 4th game but iirc it's more of an add-on to 3 than its own thing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What is your opinion regarding games such as xenogears that are sequels to games that do not exist and never will?

e: legit disappointed the third zelda oracle game never happened

e2: is onimusha a trilogy?

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 3, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Syphon Filter only had 3 games I think

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tail Concerto would've been a trilogy if they had actually gone through with making that 3rd game where you're a firefighter dog :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Clock Tower is a trilogy if you don't count Clock Tower 2 since in Japan that game was a spinoff that just had the name Clock Tower on it and didn't have anything to do with the series other than one object that was the same as one from a previous game.

Then again, I could say the same exact thing about Clock Tower 3, except 3 was designed as a main Clock Tower game and not a spinoff story like 2 was.

There were only 3 Echo Night games I think.

I remember when the Trackmania devs were going to try to make like a triumvirate of mania games where one was trackmania, another was shootmania, and then a third one would be an rpg called questmania. I don't think questmania actually got any kind of release and shootmania only had the one version come out I think and it is also dead now.

Are there any good vs fighting games that only had 3 entries not including ports/remasters?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

SoR4 is a direct sequel and imho the best game in the series since at least 2. If you're counting a fan mod in your consideration for whether or not Streets of Rage is a trilogy (as you should since SoRR is great) then you have to at least equally weight an officially licensed game.

What I was trying to say was said better by stev

stev posted:

I'd say that any game that originally released as trilogy but later has additional entries still counts. Mass Effect falls into that category.

Especially where the original creator/studio stepped away from the series after the first three ie Phoenix Wright and Crash.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was Clock Tower 3 the magical girl one?

Yeah, the one where you had to use a magic bow and arrow to sentence goofy serial killers to suffer for centuries in hell.

Then it was followed up by Haunting Ground which was just Clock Tower in everything but name and featuring a dog friend, and then Night Cry which was not a good game but it is a good representation of what a modern version of the early Clock Tower games would have been like imo. I wish it could have been a better game but as it is I'm happy it exists.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish that that horror vs fighting game The Chainsaw Incident had been made. It looked dumb and I heard the devs weren't actually familiar with fighting game stuff and then the whole thing just disappeared but it had a lot of really dumb grimdark edgy bullshit and everyone had a chainsaw because reasons.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah, I was referring to FFX-3 in jest.

Also, found a vid that shows the full roster of the Chainsaw Incident game, highly recommend this if you wanna see dumb designs

https://pressakey.com/videodetail,15302,2451,The-Chainsaw-Incident-All-Characters-Gameplay-Trailer,.html

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Thanks! I feel pretty much fine so far otherwise, so maybe I got lucky and only have one of those really light cases.

Maybe if you count the HD remaster? Aside from that I'm not sure where that's coming from, either.

Keep us updated so we know you're ok, sorry if you have it and end up going through all of the bs associated with it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The real ffx trilogy is X, X-2, and VII

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Me: I'm gonna play Gnomoria.

Me, hours later: Okay some of my gnomes died because they decided to stand next to a hole for 4 days while 1 room away from my 400+ bottles of wine and they died of thirst, guess I'm done with this game.

Me, a day after that: I'm gonna play Gnomoria.

Me, hours later again: Okay some of my gnomes died because they decided to mine themselves into a pit they couldn't escape from despite me explicitly giving them orders on how to dig so that they wouldn't fall into a pit like that, I guess I'm done with this game.

Me, now: I'm gonna play Gnomoria.

help I'm trapped in a loop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't even know how to play Dwarf Fortress. Does it even have the option to play a peaceful mode where you aren't attacked by monsters? I was going to wait until the steam release. Dwarf Fortress just seems so daunting in comparison and idk if it has any similar issues that Gnomoria had like gnomes mining themselves onto inescapable floating floors or somehow falling into holes while trying to mine near the holes and dying due to pathfinding glitches and a general lack of control over certain tasks like them deciding to just not bother with foraging for food or harvest wheat or actually placing the furniture they build into the spots I tell them to. Basically idk if the dwarves are smarter than the gnomes or not and I've heard and read about how complex the game is overall.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

good lord my eyes

e: ok this game is entirely too grating and busy for me to look at

forget this, I'll wait for him to finish it however many decades it'll take

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Feb 4, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yakety Yak

Don't talk smack

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Give me a port of and a sequel to ghost recon shadow wars please

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Looked up to see what Julian Gollop has worked on since Ghost Recon Shadow Wars. Are Phoenix Point and Chaos Reborn any good? Anyone here play either of them?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wizards, because Raplh Bakshi proved that wizards can be extremely powerful

Walla posted:

Mega Man X or Mighty Gunvolt Burst?

X

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thinking about how Tales of Maj'Eyal has roaming bands of folk so dedicated to lynching and genociding any and all magical folk that they learned not-magic of nature and mind powers in order to combat and eventually erase magic.

Then they got all confused because they found out about the people who liked the sun so much that they started using it to channel magical sun-based powers and they couldn't decide if that meant it was sun magic or sun-based nature powers

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In the world of Dungeon Fighter Online, the playable witches and wizards are from a floating magical rocktches coming from called Pandemonium, with the witches being the girls taught and raised in Brooklyn, Pandemonium, and the male mages being magical outcasts who developed their skills on the streets of the Bronx, Pandemonium.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Counterspell: Gun

How else would you stop a powerful nazi wizard?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

witches are definitely better. witch magic is all spooky eldritch horror poo poo and wizards just shoot energy bolts around and create illusions. cool for a party trick i guess

Tales of Maj'Eyal wizards successfully invented an entire oeuvre of magic devoted to giving your opponent cancer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

what is this

Inferno Cop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They also have a dedicated time magic class and an oozemancer class.

And if you play as a chronomancer and get the encounter where you run into yourself from the future and you let your future self kill you, you unlock the paradox mage which is a person with time powers who weaponizes time paradoxes to destroy their foes and ruin reality.

It's kinda funny the Tales of Maj'Eyal started off as a lord of the rings fangame

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Cool. Which one? I just want a fun Mega Man to dick around with.

Any of 1-5, or 8

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Reading through Blacksad again has a way different feeling post-2020 also hello it is 4 am and I'm awake and wish I was aasleepp but can't sleep so gonna game instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna save up for a better pc but I wanna focus on moving to a better apartment first and hoo boy is moving an annoying thing around here because too many places are like "hey, no cats" and while we'd have the therapy animal papers to show we need them, there isn't exactly anything preventing them from just turning us down and never saying that it is because of the cats.