Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My only exposure to Castlevania The TV Show is the Twitter discourse that is super-horny

TBF the show itself is super horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well they cast Parker Posey as Dr. smith, understandable

👀 Is that show any good?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

fridge corn posted:

Just kill the entirety of bioware already jesus

The last vestiges of anything resembling the BioWare people cared about has been dead since early Andromeda development

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Infinitum posted:

CD Projekt Red got hacked, and everything got stolen.
https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1359048125403590660

My galaxy brain says this is a false flag.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

doing some more wilds outer since work is boring. i now have a need to explore somewhere towards the end of the cycle

I can already meditate my way to the next loop, but is there a way to skip (say) just 15 minutes, besides, er, waiting?

Nope. Go grill a cheese.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Theyre making Vtuber action figures

IDGAF until we get Korone or the shark girl

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Draga posted:

Good news then

:allears:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Baller Time posted:

I'm not sure what it says, but from now on I assume Kiryu is officially 1.40m, or 4'5"

Maximum height 5'4" lol

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Has anyone pivoted successfully from game directing to movie directing? People say Kojima wants to do it but I think he would’ve done it by now if he did

People say that because Kojima is up his own rear end about incredibly long cutscenes, but no studio would give him money for a 22 hour long self indulgent mess. I think it's a combination of not wanting the constraint and no studio wanting the risk. The other name commonly candied about is David Cage but, on top of other things, his games display an abject failure to understand the actual language of cinematic storytelling.

Gary Whitta is the only person off the top of my head to go from video games to films in any capacity and he went from enthusiast press to screenwriter 😝

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

haveblue posted:

FF: The Spirits Within was directed by the series' original designer and that's a timeless classic

They said successfully

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Jay Rust posted:

I think the Solid Snake voice actor wrote some X-Man movie

Oh yeah, Hayter cowrote the first two and also Watchmen.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

Kojima is real good at gameplay ideas so I hope he never makes a movie

As much as I think Kojima's a hack storyteller and that Gamers are Wrong, he's actually a strong designer. He should be forced to make games but not allowed to script or direct them.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1361166912567140353?s=19

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Pretty sure noted abuser, stalker, and public gencon pants shitter, Zak S, did writing on Coteries of New York.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think that was a different game? These ones are from a Polish developer (the main character of Shadows makes a bunch of references to Polish history)

Edit

Nice! Thank you. :cheers:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Brutal
https://twitter.com/NESbot_feed/status/1364112986323976192?s=19
https://twitter.com/AutomaticZen/status/1364116205280382976?s=19

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Cardiovorax posted:

Because if there's one thing that is well-known to do a software project good, it's taking it away from the development team in mid development and handing it to a different to make sense of what the previous guys already did with it, lol

Firing your creative and narrative leads six months before you can the whole dev team is certainly a bold strategy from Paradox.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Thank you. Carry on, and Skyrim is certainly retro. So is gtav by the same definition

The loosely accepted scholarly definitions are 10-15+ years for retro, 20+ for vintage, and 100+ for antique. Skyrim turns 10 this year.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rinkles posted:

I'm sorry, is this a real thing?

Real for any subculture/industry that cares about that stuff like collection hobbies, fashion, and interior design.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Harrow posted:

Bioware just isn't actually Bioware anymore. The people who made the games that gave Bioware their reputation in the first place are long gone. It's just a name now.

It hasn't even been "modern" BioWare since like, mid ME3 development.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

stev posted:

People liked Dragon Age 3 didn't they? I didn't but it seems like that was the last time they got a positive reception for anything.

Yeah but it's a completely different audience than the ones who loved Origins. The reception to 2 was a kind of transition.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

Dragon Age 2 is the best of the Dragon Ages. You just have to go in knowing it's full of cut corners and shoddy craftsmanship, so that those things won't disappoint you, and you can appreciate the rest in peace

The characters are heinously unlikeable with rare exception, the plots are dumb as poo poo, and the combat is overly simple and boring. DA:I improves the characters and dialogue at least.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

wait, RDR2 is on PC? when the gently caress did that happen :psyduck:

is it a good game, all I remember hearing is it's very pretty and almost too detailed

A year after the console release.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Shadow and Bone trailer, my favorite Pokemon getting a re-release, an actual interesting new Pokemon thing, and Free* FF7 Remake and Remnant on PS4. A good day for nerd announcements.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Mass Effecstiny

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Simone Magus posted:

"To sell multiple, click R3 to mark items and hold Triangle to confirm"

:psypop:

The jank levels are off the goddamn charts here. Square Enix what are you doing

Wait? Which Harvest Moon are you playing? Because the dev team split a while ago and are making the Story of Seasons games. Modern Harvest Moon is a shambling corpse.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

cheetah7071 posted:

no it isn't

Yeah it just should be. The game part is bad.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I read the article and in particular he's talking about his own performance rather than appearing in the movie at all but I'm surprised he was allowed to say anything like that

Yeah he's specifically speaking wrt his ability to play a stoic tough guy hero.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So genuine question: do you guys not know what I'm talking about when I look at these images and say "wow those textures look like poo poo"? Like, they even left the seam in the focus of the shot

No, we see what you're complaining about, it's just unreasonable. The game looks fine, graphically.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

wuggles posted:

Dead Cells rules but it would be better if the levels were handcrafted

I hate roguelikes, but removing the procgen layouts takes away a lot from the run based exploration. What does bespoke level design add? Its not like the platforming is a compelling aspect of the game

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Rinkles posted:

do they they do anything fun with the mgs lore?

Its set in a weird parallel universe that a bunch of MSF members get shunted into from the Ground Zeroes incident. They manage since communication with the primary world but it's otherwise unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Edit wrong thread