Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

They also confirmed that it'll be the end of the current storyline as of 6.0. 6.1 will be the start of a whole new story. Ballsy move, and I'm all in for this poo poo.

Honestly it needed to be, they’ve been telling a continuation of a story that started in like 2010. It’s a really good story but at some point it needs to end

cheetah7071 posted:

I really think they're building up to 7.0 being ffxiv-2. Not a full reset, but an opportunity to allow new players to start at level 90 without missing a ton of important context

Yeah it was really hard to recommend SHB to FF fans but telling them ok play 3 full length jrpgs first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

stev posted:

It's the overarching story of FF14 though. :shrug: Once the conflict between gods and the battle against the empire is resolved what will there even be to move on to?

The strength these days of the FF14 story is imo in the characters. Yes people like the gods/ancients/empires stuff, but I don't think there has ever been a cast that people grew to like so much ever time in an FF game, and I definitely did not expect it from an MMO.

The fact that everyone thinks the best story was in the expansion that took place about 90% in a totally new world I think would never have worked if it wasn't for the excitement of seeing the existing characters post-timeskip and how they react to the new world, and also the most liked villain of any FF game probably

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ErrEff posted:

So, uh, Six Days In Fallujah just got resurrected as a video game that exists now. 12 years after getting cancelled.

EDIT: And the studio is Highwire Games, founded by ex-Bungie people like Marty O'Donnell. :wtf:

Why does this need to exist.

I thought we left behind shooters with terrible politics in the 00s

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My thoughts on Outer Wilds after playing about ~5 hours is its totally not my type of game unfortunately but I do find something oddly beautiful about hearing the “world is ending” music, stopping everything I’m doing, and going outside to watch myself die again

I love the atmosphere of what they pull off , but not a huge fan of the puzzle out what’s going on genre

Rarity posted:

No they still make Call of Duty games

Real question do they still do campaigns? I vaguely remember they stopped even trying

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m about 10 hours into 13 sentinels and I am loving this story. Literally gasping at the twists as they come. No idea how they keep this going for like... 20 more hours

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Guys 13 sentinels is SO GOOD

How the hell do people talk about the spoilers with the way the game
Is laid out

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

All the events have innocuous official names in the games log so you can be like "omg did you see 'buying tomato pretz'? It was sooo hype" or "holy poo poo guys 'going to school 3' is loving crazy!"

Good point too bad every single reveal is blowing my mind right now

Like I feel like I was playing a different story entirely 10 hours ago

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ErrEff posted:

Sure, why not.

Incredible what is this from

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1. GG strive is so fun
2. 13 sentinels... I’m at the point where the twists have their own twists and actually some of the later twists make the early ones make less sense? I’m gonna keep playing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

13 sentinels - I feel like a genius for finally figuring out one of the twists before the game spelled it out for me

There is no “time travel”

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Yuzo did some guest tracks on SOR4 but most of the OST was composed by Oliver Deriviere.

And it’s very good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

most retro fire emblems

Fire Emblem no subtitle, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon for the ones officially released in English.

Conquest also does not let you grind for the most part, unlike Birthright which is 100% JRPG perfect character build the game (Both of them are different paths of the same story but released as 2 different games)

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sometimes I feel bad about the amount of my life I wasted on Dota when I was super depressed and literally wouldn't leave my room for days but then I see Steam reviews of people who have spent like 4000 hours in Black Desert Online or Tree of Savior, much less WoW, and feel slightly less bad. Also I know if it wasn't Dota it would have been literally anything else

Yeah honestly if it wasn't dota it would be some other perma-game. I liked dota a lot but I primarily played with friends and it was our weekend game. I could easily see it being one of those games that takes over your life

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3 houses paths as SMT alignments

Church is Law
Edelgard is Chaos
Golden Deer are Neutral/Humanity

I dunno about blue lions because I both didn’t play them and also ran out. Alignments

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It honestly does not look amazing I’ll be honest

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

You get cross class skills but it’s fixed which ones carry over so you end up having to level like, fortune teller to 20 for a single spell you’ll use on something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

corgski posted:

What's a good racing game for PC these days? I like Dirt Rally, got bored with Grid (2019) after about two hours, and extremely enjoyed NFS Porsche Unleashed, despite the fact that it flopped hard when it was released for erring too far on the simulation side of things for racing games in y2k.

I've heard good things about Forza Horizon 4?

I love love love Forza horizon 4 and I am not a racing game person at all so I dunno what that says

It’s on gamepass though if you can get yourself a free trial or something