Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Like just take Richmond in 1861, hang a few traitors, bam. No Shiloh, no Gettysburg, no Cold Harbor. It seems to me that the Lincoln administration was way more decisive with the jailing of journalists and pistol whippings of judges then actually doing things to end the rebellion.

the first radio war nerd episode on the civil war is about gurowski, a polish count exiled to america, making that exact point and how noone else near power was interested in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

warren burger

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

500excf type r posted:

Isn't coffee from the new world? How were there coffee houses in the 1300s in Istanbul

its from yemen/horn of africa

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

lol

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

vyelkin posted:

this is just as depraved as switching your fork hand every time you want to take a bite

i do that, knife in right hand then put it down

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

theres a theory that they are descendants on the sumerians

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

bedpan posted:

isn't this essentially everyone who lives in modern Iraq and the surrounding area? same way that they are the descendants of the assyrians?

i heard if from my friend whose family is from the region and has an interest in the subject, but i would guess its the protected nature of the marshes providing a refuge that allows a societal continuity much like the mountains of the caucasus or the hilly forests of the india/burma/china border area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

thank you for this

unrelated, but how come there's this unblievable mass of epic pop history youtubers doing pro Tzar and Whites propaganda? A two part documentary lionizing loving Admiral Kolchak :wtc:

paradox games