Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Chief McHeath posted:

Hulk Hogan who did a bear hug action.

I had this Hogan too

mallratcal posted:

I had a bunch of the the WCW figures too but they didn't even have any gimmicks. They were just solid chunks of plastic.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=271&ssid=4

I had Flyin Brian Pullman and surfer Sting. I preferred these guys to the hard plastic WWF ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

mallratcal posted:

I had a bunch of the the WCW figures too but they didn't even have any gimmicks. They were just solid chunks of plastic.

Sounds like those toys are pretty loyal to the IP.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

PM me

:shehuck:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

mallratcal posted:

Lmao at the Ric Flair one

I also lol'd when I saw who made them: Galoob. They made these lovely Star Trek TNG figures that I wanted as a kid. I could never find all of them, just Picard and Riker. I think my mom finally hunted down a Geordi and a Worf, but I could never get Data, Yar, or any of the others.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

verbal enema posted:

my friend has a cool anecdote about BBB

I think you’re being catfished

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

There's a toy documentry on Netflix, one of the episodes is all about wrestling figures. Worth a watch.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Toys that Made Us.

Great stuff, especially the He-Man episode

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FilthyImp posted:

The Toys that Made Us.

Great stuff, especially the He-Man episode

He blue, why they think he He-Man?

Also I thought his name was Fakor, not Faker. Bad name choice bro.

You could be Faker, the Fake He-Man, or Fakor, the clandestine He-Man that sneaks into Snake Mountain.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Chief McHeath posted:

You could be Faker, the Fake He-Man, or Fakor, the clandestine He-Man that sneaks into Snake Mountain.

Moooooom take me to Toys R Us, I want the new Colloidal Silver He-Man!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I think you’re being catfished

nah he was in the other room at the crib

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Chief McHeath posted:

Hell yes, this owns.

I remember when I was a kid that my parents got me a He-Man toy named Stinkor with the gimmick that he smelled really bad.

They really regretted that purchase, but I thought it was hilarious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

verbal enema posted:

nah he was in the other room at the crib

Have you considered he may be wearing some kind of prosthetic mask? :thunkher:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rarity posted:

Have you considered he may be wearing some kind of prosthetic mask? :thunkher:

This possibility now constantly haunts me

That'd make a pretty great av, imho

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Classic overhand taint stretch pin.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

it's gonna be impossible for me to find this again because it was just something that came across my timeline ages ago, but there was a clip from a podcast or streaming show where some dudes were watching a wrassle, and a wrestler did a tope con hilo

(not this particular one, but this is what a tope con hilo looks like)
and one of the dudes was like "did his cock flick the top rope?"
and the other dudes were like "nah no way you're being silly"
then they rewound the video and watched in slow motion and yes his dick bulge and only his dick bulge flicked the top rope when he jumped over and you could see them both jiggle for a couple frames

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cubone posted:

it's gonna be impossible for me to find this again because it was just something that came across my timeline ages ago, but there was a clip from a podcast or streaming show where some dudes were watching a wrassle, and a wrestler did a tope con hilo

(not this particular one, but this is what a tope con hilo looks like)
and one of the dudes was like "did his cock flick the top rope?"
and the other dudes were like "nah no way you're being silly"
then they rewound the video and watched in slow motion and yes his dick bulge and only his dick bulge flicked the top rope when he jumped over and you could see them both jiggle for a couple frames
Who says it wasn't Finn Balor/Prince Devitt? After all,

https://twitter.com/takam777/status/383889924681773056

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cubone posted:

I actually think this might be from a Botchamania, of which there are 430 so good luck

e: speaking of the latest one just came out and I think all of us know the star of the show

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Isn't there like an unwritten rule for wrestlers that eventually everybody has to deal with getting accidently pantsed or having to wrestle while desperately trying not to poo poo themselves?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Isn't there like an unwritten rule for wrestlers that eventually everybody has to deal with getting accidently pantsed or having to wrestle while desperately trying not to poo poo themselves?

Chris Jericho was terrified of wearing short trunks because he saw a dude in them have them get torn and pretty much vaporize right in the middle of the ring. CM Punk poo poo himself live on Smackdown.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it was cedric alexander at the GRR

can't find wherever I first saw it but apparently it made the rounds so it might have hit botchamania too

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Whoever gave me my new av, bless you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

:kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Yeah, I mean, logically I understood human anatomy, but wrestling was definitely a source of "omg boy parts :aaaaa: " quasi-awakening in my formative years.

Cubone posted:

it was cedric alexander at the GRR

can't find wherever I first saw it but apparently it made the rounds so it might have hit botchamania too

I wonder how that must feel.

edit:

Vince MechMahon posted:

CM Punk poo poo himself live on Smackdown.

Oh dear god what the gently caress :stare:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Fun game:

Cue up the royal rumble 1992.

Every time Ric Flair does a Flair flop, take a shot.

Your liver will hate you.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh dear god what the gently caress :stare:

During his last few months in WWE, Punk was in really bad shape. Like he was once pumped when his wrist popped out of place because it meant he'd get time off to heal. Even then, Vince would run him ragged by having him come back early.

He had a nasty growth on his lower back and rather than treat it in a reasonable way, the WWE's medical guy just gave him z-packs, which didn't do him much good. Instead, it made him so sick that during a match on Smackdown, he poo poo himself and the ref could be seen flicking a turd nugget out of the ring.

BUT WAIT!

THERE'S MORE!

Punk's final match was Royal Rumble 2014. He received a concussion during the match and wasn't much better the next day, but they still told him he was good enough to go. He walked out of the company, finally fed up. Later, his wife brought him to another doctor and that growth in his lower back turned out to be an MRSA, which could have killed him if not treated correctly. Months later, Punk went on his friend Colt Cabana's podcast to tell his story.

In response to this, for the sake of evidence or whatever, WWE put up a video on YouTube that was nothing but footage of Punk in the Royal Rumble. No sound or anything. Just footage of Punk in the match with the occasional slow-motion zoom in on his rear end, as if they were saying, "I don't see any mysterious rear end growth, do you?"

As far as I know, the CM Punk rear end video is still online.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Picked this up last weekend and it's a great read so far.

Oh, and it explains something I have been confused about for 20+ years. I mentioned a while ago that growing up there was a playground rumor that Ultimate Warrior had died and was replaced by someone (variably, his son/nephew/brother). I just recently discovered that he "only" died in 2014. So where did the pre-Internet rumor come from?

Well, a combination of less 'roids, new haircut, and having been away from the WWF for awhile

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Mar 16, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I believe the rumour was that the new Warrior was Kerry Von Erich who had been in WWF at the time as the Texas Tornado but in the 80s had the nickname the Modern Day Warrior :eng101:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Did this get posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7IWkiiWgA

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

WM6 warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPVD_WQlfC0
WM8 warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOgzzNuabE

yes my boss was in a high-profile steroid distribution trial, why do you ask

he left for fifteen years after that, came back for one episode of RAW in 2014 where he gave a speech about the legacy of the warrior living on after he's gone and then pretty much fell down dead on the way out of the building that night

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Didn't he get inducted to the HOF and give a speech there too like the same weekend as WM and then he died a few days later?

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Literally the next day

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Yep, got inducted on the Saturday, appeared at WM on the Sunday, did a promo on the Monday RAW and then died that night

My suspicion is that that's not necessarily a co-incidence and that doing a Warrior promo involves just snorting coke directly from a pile in your palm (Roddy Piper explicitly said that he'd take a bump before some of his crazier promos), which takes a lot more out of your heart as an older guy, but it was still pretty spooky

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Going out on a "high" note?

(sorry that was awful on several levels)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If anyone wants free and pretty drat good wrestling, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cbuWQFcJU

A new AEW show where they showcase up and coming wrestlers. Features at least a pretty drat good high flying match by Jungle Boy (Luke Perry's son) and a main event with the world's cutest, Maki Itoh.

Jungle Boy opens the show, and here is the time stamp for Maki Itoh's match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cbuWQFcJU&t=6403s

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

world's 2nd cutest, Maki Itoh.

:colbert:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I think you'll need to wrestle for it in a special Cuteness on a Pole match, booked by Vince Russo to end in an nWo run-in where Hollywood Hogan pins Konnan to win the title.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Yep, got inducted on the Saturday, appeared at WM on the Sunday, did a promo on the Monday RAW and then died that night
Roddy Piper

Thanks.

Piper's book was cool, he talked about how he loaded his revolver: 1 empty, 1 blank, the rest live rounds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Michael Corleone posted:

Thanks.

Piper's book was cool, he talked about how he loaded his revolver: 1 empty, 1 blank, the rest live rounds!

I almost bought that book as well, but I was assuming it would be really, really depressing.