Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

Thread is all but dead and the WWE has officially moved to Peacock. Monday Night RAW only goes back to 2003 on Peacock. Screencaps are now more cumbersome compared to my old process. I thought about just starting over with the 2003 season but so far I'm not planning on it.

This all sucks.

I will try and finish KotR, but after that I can read the writing on the wall that Raw Reports can't continue in the way I enjoy most. Maybe if the WWE keeps its promise to get all old content uploaded I can resume in the summer. They HAVE made progress already in giving WWE its own category on Peacock and adding more content. Who knows. If so, maybe I'll make a new thread in the future or hell, maybe this thread will still be kicking.

It's been fun. Look for the final KotR update this week.

If you continue you may want to move them to one of the wrestling threads in the punch sports subforum. They're more active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

FullLeatherJacket posted:

to be fair, not all of Sting's friends betrayed him

https://gfycat.com/aptfarawayarrowcrab

Hell yeah, wrestling rules :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

Thread is all but dead and the WWE has officially moved to Peacock. Monday Night RAW only goes back to 2003 on Peacock. Screencaps are now more cumbersome compared to my old process. I thought about just starting over with the 2003 season but so far I'm not planning on it.

This all sucks.

I will try and finish KotR, but after that I can read the writing on the wall that Raw Reports can't continue in the way I enjoy most. Maybe if the WWE keeps its promise to get all old content uploaded I can resume in the summer. They HAVE made progress already in giving WWE its own category on Peacock and adding more content. Who knows. If so, maybe I'll make a new thread in the future or hell, maybe this thread will still be kicking.

:rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

This all sucks.

This is sad. Why does Peacock have to suck so much?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

This all sucks.

These were fun to read, thank you for the effort you put into writing them

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It is the one year anniversary of last year's Wrestlemania, and the weirdest match in wrestling history: the Firefly Funhouse Match, which literally features John Cena wrestling against his subconscious insecurities.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7t4s8k

It's a 14 minute arthouse film featuring John Cena spliced into old Hulk Hogan footage with a puppet Vince McMahon yelling "THAT'S SOME GOOD poo poo".

It's amazing, it's horrible, it's everything.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 6, 2021

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What are the storylines going into this year's Mania? Some friends and I might do an online watch party and I can't be arsed to look it up. I know we're getting boring old Randy Orton vs. the Boogeyman and I know we're getting another Steen vs. Generico.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

What are the storylines going into this year's Mania?

It's WWE, you don't really need to know

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

My Lovely Horse posted:

we're getting another Steen vs. Generico
man, I remember when this was something I could get excited for

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

What are the storylines going into this year's Mania? Some friends and I might do an online watch party and I can't be arsed to look it up. I know we're getting boring old Randy Orton vs. the Boogeyman and I know we're getting another Steen vs. Generico.

Don't support WWE, not even with $5. They are the literal definition of evil

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

This all sucks.

Gotta hand it to Vince. Every couple of years he finds a new way to remove joy from rasslin, this time via an intermediary.

Thank you for your service, Eclipse12. o7

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The wrestlers in the ring yelling into microphones when there is no audience there is so drat weird.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So wtf. Peacock just removed the Attitude era?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

First Rarity's WWF PPV series ends with Hogan's final appearance during his initial run. Now Eclipse12's WWF Raw/PPV series ends with Hogan's other final appearance from 90's WWF.

Off the top of my head, some stuff we're going to miss out on:

- The Bodyslam Yokozuna Challenge on the USS Intrepid on the 4th of July.

- Ludvig Borga, the evil main eventer foreigner from the dark realm of Finland.

- The totally awesome Randy Savage vs. Crush feud.

- This weird situation where they set up a Survivor Series match of the Hart family vs. Jerry Lawler and his three masked knights, only for Lawler to get in trouble with the law a week or so before the PPV and now it's Shawn Michaels and his three masked knights for no reason.

- Owen Hart kicking Bret's leg out from under his leg. Not a typo.

- Earthquake defeating Yokozuna in a sumo match. This was supposed to lead to Natural Disasters vs. Yokozuna/Crush at the following Summerslam, but Earthquake jumped to WCW to become the Shark instead. Vince didn't even come up with a replacement angle, meaning two of the top heels were without matches on one of the biggest PPVs of the year.

- A lengthy Undertaker angle that involves him flying to Heaven, fighting his evil clone, delivering Dominos pizza, being investigated by Leslie Neilson and George Kennedy, being protected by Chuck Norris and using his magic to make Mr. Fuji wear a dress and wig.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Eclipse12 posted:

Update on updates:

This all sucks.

Nooooooooo :smith: Your recaps were fun, and I will miss them.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Gavok posted:

First Rarity's WWF PPV series ends with Hogan's final appearance during his initial run. Now Eclipse12's WWF Raw/PPV series ends with Hogan's other final appearance from 90's WWF.

Off the top of my head, some stuff we're going to miss out on:

- A lengthy Undertaker angle that involves him flying to Heaven, fighting his evil clone, delivering Dominos pizza, being investigated by Leslie Neilson and George Kennedy, being protected by Chuck Norris and using his magic to make Mr. Fuji wear a dress and wig.

Out of all the things you mentioned, this is the one that has me the most :stare:

Also, thank you to those sharing kind words about the Raw Reports. Maybe some day they can return. Seeing that list makes me realize all the good stuff I still want to watch. And, again, they "promised" to get it all on Peacock by this year's Summer Slam.
If I do get to start it up again, I'll cross post in GBS and the punch sport pagoda, at least so people know I'm doing it.

I was also bingeing Tough Enough and that's gone too!

I'm probably gonna watch the PPV this weekend because I already have the account, but I only recognize maybe half the names on the card, so :effort:

I've heard NXT has morphed into the most "pure" WWE program. Confirm/deny?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NXT is definitely the best of WWE's weekly programming (if you ignore the whole pushing multiple pedophiles thing)

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Weekly Ryo Owns
Ryo Mizunami vs a feral rabbid Kimmy Gibbler named Tesha Price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptD_t333EN8&t=2719s
Match starts 45 minutes in

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Weekly Ryo Owns
Ryo Mizunami vs a feral rabbid Kimmy Gibbler named Tesha Price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptD_t333EN8&t=2719s
Match starts 45 minutes in

Why isn't Ryo Mizunami the champion of everything yet?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks for all your work Eclipse12!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Gavok posted:

- The Bodyslam Yokozuna Challenge on the USS Intrepid on the 4th of July.

Ahhhh the lex express, to this day I can’t get that “I’ll be your hero” song out of my head

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

NXT is definitely the best of WWE's weekly programming (if you ignore the whole pushing multiple pedophiles thing)

This week we get the reverse Sophie's choice of the pedos of NXT against AEW trotting out an old rapist for a ratings bump.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Who's the old rapist at AEW?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Patrick Spens posted:

Enter the password 007 373 5963 on Punch-Out for NES and find out!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Can confirm, NXT is where the good wrestlers do wrestling where they wrestle and stuff, before they go to Real WWE and put on dresses for mcmahon skits

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

Mike Tyson apparently!

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Mrs. Dash posted:

If you continue you may want to move them to one of the wrestling threads in the punch sports subforum. They're more active.

Ignore this. I wouldn't have seen and enjoyed this thread if it weren't in gbs. Keep up the good work friend

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Thanks for all the Raw reports my dude. Gonna savor the last one

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Good news, jabronis! Peacock is adding Raw at a rapid rate! Yesterday it went back to 2003 and now they have it as far back as 1996.

Raw! Reports! May live on!

Sorry I called you jabronis that was unkind

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Vince MechMahon posted:

This week we get the reverse Sophie's choice of the pedos of NXT against AEW trotting out an old rapist for a ratings bump.

Who are the pedos? I need to update my spreadsheets.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Eclipse12 posted:

Good news, jabronis! Peacock is adding Raw at a rapid rate! Yesterday it went back to 2003 and now they have it as far back as 1996.

Raw! Reports! May live on!

Sorry I called you jabronis that was unkind

Woooo! Also yeah seconding that I'm glad it's in GBS. I don't really explore SA enough and it's actually giving me interest in reading the wrestling forum so consider it a good recruiting / outreach tool!

also: it wasn't unkind, I know what I am

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Maybe I'll crosspost in both forums. People have suggested it before but I don't know if that's taboo.

Anyhow, KotR part 2 of 3 coming tomorrow!

I did NOT see the finale to Hogan/Yokozuna coming! Find out tomorrow how it all went down! (No spoilers!)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think it's just so disappointing that wresting has been around for so long yet the quality of the refereeing has yet to improve

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Mozi posted:

i think it's just so disappointing that wresting has been around for so long yet the quality of the refereeing has yet to improve

Honestly it's no worse than the other major US sports

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Who are the pedos? I need to update my spreadsheets.

Velveteen Dream is the big one.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

How does someone become a pro wrestling ref anyway? What career path leads to that?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Training to be a wrestler? Too skinny? Willing to be a ref instead? Congratulations kid, you're on your way.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Training to be a wrestler? Too skinny? Willing to be a ref instead? Congratulations kid, you're on your way.

Hey. You can also be too fat or too sane.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

manero posted:

How does someone become a pro wrestling ref anyway? What career path leads to that?

Have you ever been so good at hating yourself that someone offers to pay you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How willing are you to pick up nuggets when the face shits himself in the ring