Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I laughed so hard when the match ended fairly quickly (which was a mercy to us all) and Alexa and Fiend were both just sitting there with the bright lights on, Alexa with her little squirty hat, Fiend with his dumb mask, and the audience was silent for a moment...

Then an entire stadium begins to boo them. It was hilarious.

The phrase "wet fart" gets used a lot, but this was a textbook example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

I laughed so hard when the match ended fairly quickly (which was a mercy to us all) and Alexa and Fiend were both just sitting there with the bright lights on, Alexa with her little squirty hat, Fiend with his dumb mask, and the audience was silent for a moment...

Then an entire stadium begins to boo them. It was hilarious.

The phrase "wet fart" gets used a lot, but this was a textbook example.

The crowd sounded hot for it going in, too. Alexa got a huge pop, people were into the box like structure... And then they all turned instantly. Amazing.

Way was it a crown of thorns anyway? Where is the loving link between Alexa Bliss being possessed by an evil children's show host and Jesus?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Goonfriend, you were supposed to answer "2"

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DangerDummy! posted:

I just randomly remembered today that, according to WWE canon, one year ago John Cena was banished to another dimension by an evil clown whilst in a delusional fugue state, and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

john cena is kewl

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Memphis New Jack is something to behold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pATiSXSA0AQ

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

The crowd sounded hot for it going in, too. Alexa got a huge pop, people were into the box like structure... And then they all turned instantly. Amazing.

Way was it a crown of thorns anyway? Where is the loving link between Alexa Bliss being possessed by an evil children's show host and Jesus?

Yeah, her entrance (while not extremely clever or creative) was at least engaging and the audience did seem to get hyped for whatever weirdness they'd get.

My brain didn't parse the headgear as a crown of thorns, but I also was to busy laughing to really look for details.

I hadn't watched the run-up, either, but as far as I can tell Bliss is a demonic Candy Crush Harley Quinn. I'm sure there's a logical timeline there.

Also, I always laugh when "pure demonic evil" or insanely violent characters like Fiend, Kane Klassic, Luna, Vader, and others are hellbent on destruction but are willing to do it in the confines of a wrestling ring in accordance with the rules.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

Yeah, her entrance (while not extremely clever or creative) was at least engaging and the audience did seem to get hyped for whatever weirdness they'd get.

My brain didn't parse the headgear as a crown of thorns, but I also was to busy laughing to really look for details.

I hadn't watched the run-up, either, but as far as I can tell Bliss is a demonic Candy Crush Harley Quinn. I'm sure there's a logical timeline there.

Also, I always laugh when "pure demonic evil" or insanely violent characters like Fiend, Kane Klassic, Luna, Vader, and others are hellbent on destruction but are willing to do it in the confines of a wrestling ring in accordance with the rules.

It's a metal crown with what appears to be fake barbed wire wrapped around it:

My mind went immediately to crown of thorns but I might be reading into it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Vince MechMahon posted:

... Cena... fight Orton

it takes a lot to make a stew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRzeotjLbMg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ok at least some of those are fake, right?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It makes me sad that the mandible claw is now being wasted on this dime store New 52 Joker poo poo they're doing with Wyatt. The only good Wrestlemania matches were Bad Bunny tag team, Asuka vs Rhea Ripley, and Sasha Banks vs Bianca Belair

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Watch AEW, Britt Baker makes a whole production out of it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kunabomber posted:

Watch AEW, Britt Baker makes a whole production out of it

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1382125037008867328

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Alexa finish would have been fine if the match had been at all good and maybe if she'd actually done something, I don't follow WWE and for all I knew staring at each other is just what they do

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rarity posted:

Ok at least some of those are fake, right?
one of them looked like video game footage but idk maybe that's just how wwe was advertising matches at that time, they're a whacked out company

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I'm sure Vince loved the idea on paper, but was letting out rage farts when he saw how it landed live.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

My Lovely Horse posted:

The Alexa finish would have been fine if the match had been at all good and maybe if she'd actually done something, I don't follow WWE and for all I knew staring at each other is just what they do

As far as I can tell, it's just a way for them to continue having Bray Wyatt come up with creative ideas for a horror film that don't actually lead to a wrestling match that anyone might want to pay to see, and for Alexa Bliss to cosplay as Harley Quinn, except that she's An Adult Woman Who Loves Disney, and so it's ageplay all the way down

She has a doll friend now, in exactly the way that might be considered creepy if they used a real child but instead suggests that a 29-year-old woman might be somewhat developmentally disabled

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Alexa Bliss next gimmick, she comes to the ring with a 50s ventriloquist dummy and it transforms into bray Wyatt in a bowtie

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

WWE firing spree 2021, Samoa Joe is toast.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The failure of the Fiend and Evilexa really underscores how loving fantastic Matt Hardy is with every gimmick/character he comes up with. His Broken Matt Hardy/Woken Matt Hardy where he controls drones with his mind is fantastic, and more of what wrestling needs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

WWE firing spree 2021, Samoa Joe is toast.

The IIconics too :rip:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alexa is SUPPOSED to be a co-host of the Firefly Fun House, which is Bray Wyatt's fake children's show when he's not the Fiend. So she's a grown woman acting child like for that reason, which on it's face is fine. It's a standard kids show thing. The issue comes in when they have her acting like a child, but to make her "creepy" still have her in sexualized clothes and straddling Randy Orton to pin him, and immediately veers into irredeemable pedobait.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Is WWE bleeding money or what why are they firing all these people? Is Vince mad Somoa Joe isn't a greasy long haired dude?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Is WWE bleeding money or what why are they firing all these people? Is Vince mad Somoa Joe isn't a greasy long haired dude?

:capitalism:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity can probably correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure thanks to the fox deal and not having to pay to tour, 2020 was WWEs most profitable year ever.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/samoajoe/status/1382772013983485952?s=21

lol, Joe replied to this with "they should never have given me money" then deleted it e: ignore me, it's still up

getting Punk and Joe to start subtweeting each other is literally the most interesting thing WWE could have done for me in the week after wrestlemania

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 15, 2021

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 42 days!
Hoping beyond hope that AEW signs the Iiconics. Shawn Spears is married to one of them, and they were such a great "mean girls" tag team during the times I'd check them out on YouTube (because I don't watch WWE TV).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vince MechMahon posted:

Rarity can probably correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure thanks to the fox deal and not having to pay to tour, 2020 was WWEs most profitable year ever.

This is correct and then this year NBC paid WWE £1 billion so they could get the WWE Network content on Peacock

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao my sweet summer child

WWE just received literally a billion dollars to host their content on Peacock

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Young Bucks pulled the biggest heel move on Dynamite I've ever seen

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Poor fenix. First his own brother, and now the bucks.

Also that main event had too much going on at once

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I can't believe they wore fake Diors either

Cubone
May 26, 2011

wwe has been failing upward for years, maybe decades

they put out hours and hours of unmitigated trash that actively antagonizes you for watching and their ratings tank and the gate drops and they have gigantic p.r. disasters, and then a gigantic mega corporation goes "here's a billion dollars and 7 more tv shows!"
and wwe is like "thx" and fire dozens of hard-working, talented, charismatic athletes after wasting the best years of their lives doing literally nothing, and then the new shows bomb in the ratings and get cancelled, and then another gigantic mega corporation goes "here's another billion dollars!"

in 15 years wwe is just going to be vince flipping off a camera and slapping his rear end for 4 hours every monday and friday and somehow they'll turn record profits

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Cubone posted:

in 15 years wwe is just going to be vince flipping off a camera and slapping his rear end for 4 hours every monday and friday and somehow they'll turn record profits

I'd watch this, but only because Vince McMahon is a fascinating trainwreck of a human being. I will also never not chuckle when remembering him trying to cheer on a wrestler who said he could puke on command:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhx5BwE0oVU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Counterpoint: The Bucks did nothing wrong.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The puke-on-command guy got paralyzed in a wrestling match. :(

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I'm trying to wrap up KotR and the 8-man tag match has got me seriously PISSED. We can call Wrestlemania's Fiend plot a turd, but this rivals it.

:argh:

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

This is the one. This is the event that breaks me. I've lost my damned mind.

I'm gonna sue.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

One of my dogs died so I haven't been in here for a couple of days but

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:byodood: but all wrestlers suck somehow!

:jerkbag:

How many women would you say you've sold into sex slavery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

According to the legal text at the end of KotR, "Hulk Hogan," "Hulkster," and "Hulkamania" are trademarks of Marvel.

Weird. I get the Incredible Hulk similarities, but they own Hogan's name??