Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Just stay away from wwe trash you'll find some good wrasslin. also, most wrestlers are pieces of poo poo and chuds hence why there is no union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the kenny omega vs okada matches were sick as hell

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There’s also a weird vibe because a lot of wrestling fans are Deep South USA racists and homophobic but wrestling is gay as hell (I love it), like it’s two dudes wearing speedo both roided up looking great just grappling each other and looking at the hard cam

It must be really confusing for those fans

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

They are, at the very least, a 4 on the Kinsey scale so it allows them a socially acceptable way to get off on homoeroticism. Yes, I know this is the least novel idea but it’s true.

Oh yeah for sure it’s too bad people just can’t be themselves and we can all enjoy some wrasslin in a safe space

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I wish people did the Bret Hart thrown into the turnbuckle spot, he sold that and made it look painful as hell

He also spit in Vince’s face which i respect

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I’m fairly certain wwe matches are basically 100% scripted, I remember seeing leaked videos of the match runners making them run through the matches multiple times

That being said outside the wwe I could be convinced it’s not 100% scripted, or at the very least put together by the wrestlers

But to be fair Drake Maverick literally pissed his pants after the fake pee didn’t work, I don’t remember if that was before or after they ruined his real life wedding, but definitely before he was fired anyways

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 3, 2021

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

StarkRavingMad posted:

I was part of a wrestling match in Lucha Underground that involved a group of fans. We got to go backstage with the wrestlers and one of the agents before the show as they laid out the match. They set like one or two big spots, the finish, and the bits that involved the crowd, but there definitely was a place where they just said "then we'll wrestle for like five or six minutes" and both guys didn't need to discuss that part further. And they improv-ed a few spots that involved the crowd members that they definitely didn't talk about beforehand.

rest in piece lucha underground

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Randy Orton, dropping an RKO out of nowhere after dropping n bombs, absolute legend killer

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I did a meet and greet with Foley at our local lovely interior BC indy a couple years back, he’s a nice dude but man he can barely walk felt bad for him

He donated all his money from the show fee and merch/photos to a local charity too

Also a lot of people are shorter than you think when you meet them but drat if he wasn’t taller than I thought, guess he was always hunched over as mankind

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 5, 2021

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lid posted:

Videos

Rey rules

larga vida al triángulo de la muerte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Jericho is so disappointing as a Canadian as he’s such a loving chud and gives platforms to really lovely people

His lovely rock band played at a super spreader event that eventually had over 250,000 covid cases and he didn’t give a gently caress