Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

There was a wrassler named Rikishi and his trademark move was to force his opponent to motorboat his huge rear end.

It's funny Yokozuna and him are just the most generic terms to not confuse anyone too much.

Sumo wrestling loving owns, check out a basho on YouTube sometime and you might just get hooked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I don't watch wrestling but with this one .gif, I get it now.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

They were so huge and badass in the 2000s but nowadays they all look like a bunch of stocky dungeon masters

I liked the 80s/early 90s stuff.

You get some absolute beef cakes, some dudes that are fat and some guys that just look like fuckin slobs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Wrestling looks so fun to get into but it seems like comic books: where the gently caress am I supposed to start?

Wrestlemania 1

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bogus Adventure posted:

Let's post more wrestlers and their spawn

I was going to say that's unfortunate but on reflection I'd be fine with gums showing up to my nose for that inheritance.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not only is the show Glow pretty decent, it has a kickin rad intro.

https://youtu.be/IOKqf1Xsgww

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MrMidnight posted:

Man I bet that dude lived the loving life.

He was my favourite wrassler when I was younger, extremely disappointed he got poisoned by religion.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Legit burst out laughing at Uncle Jessie vs Bobby Who?

I'm gonna need you to quit your job and make more raw recaps.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ok your daily upload has refreshed WHAT THE gently caress WHERE IS MY UPDATE

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man I loving cackled at the flamethrower

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It'd be a lot easier to like the guy if he wasn't a controlling psycho with his wife.

Lanny Poffo best Poffo.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

You could get a Dusty Rhodes special that's just a really big burrito. You gotta find a guy to kiss your rear end afterwards on your own.

He has the best all American ring intro, Hulk Hogan can geeeet hosed!

https://youtu.be/oNPq7LHZxCA

My boy's got the moves too

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's crazy how popular Hogan was considering what a fraud he was, dude should still be paying out monthlys to Superstar Billy Graham.

That guy is such a fuckin class act though all he has to say is "I'm proud to have invented something worth copying."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Regrettable posted:

Moolah was a vile human being.

:byodood: but all wrestlers suck somehow!

:jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:byodood: but all wrestlers suck somehow!

:jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I made this post in response to the people who claimed all wrestlers suck in real life when I said I don't like Macho Man because of what a psycho control freak he was about his wife.

Even not knowing that, surely nobody would be stupid enough to believe I was being seriou-

BAH GAWD THAT'S JOSE'S MUSIC!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Do u guys ever just break out The Bushwackers strut for fun?

I do

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh cmon

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mallratcal posted:

The Bushwackers were one of my favorite teams when I was little. But then I also liked Tugboat.

Hell yeah, I miss the days of Earthquake and Typhoon. Those guys were great heels.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

Oh boy have I got news for you....

Hey, speaking of the boys!

My tolerance for lovely 80s/90s gimmicks and storylines is basically bottomless, but once it gets to the attitude era I nope out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I never liked diamond dallas page the wrestler, but that dude is cool as poo poo for helping him out like he did.

Scott Hall too!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eclipse12 posted:

In Mick Foley's first book he talks about how even though Jake professed to being a born-again Christian, if you spent extended time with him it would eventually slip out that Jake was basically faking it

Seems unnecessarily lovely to out him like that, grifting religious types is extremely blessed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Look keeping macho man in ridiculous outfits isn't cheap

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love Uncle Crush

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I could never tell what the hell they were saying when he was introduced, but I definitely wasn't thinking "Bastion."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just read John Cena has met 600+ make a wish kids, easily the most of any celeb. That's pretty fuckin rad.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Aw man I just saw that Mean Gene Okerlund died a couple of years ago. :(

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3eile

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen, and I remembered to turn on my monitor and everything

I'm legit cackling

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Should call em fleabag markets

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I always liked Lord Alfred Hayes, as a dumb kid his accent and announcing gave matches an aura of realism and spectacle.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Do Nitro reports, coward

You sick idiot

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man there aren't many times I'd prescribe a neck beard, but it might have helped that fella out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I didn't HATE Vince back in the tuxedo announcer era, but the attitude poo poo embarrassed me out of wrestling

(this is as far as watchability, of course he's a dumpster fire of a human)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gavok posted:

My favorite Koko thing is this cheesy song WWF released in the 80's called "If You Only Knew." It featured different wrestlers each saying/singing a different line, but when it got to Koko B. Ware, the dude just gave 150% and sang the hell out of his part.

Wait there was more than one? I had a friend that fuckin loved this one,

https://youtu.be/_fgfXGPeX24

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wh...why did they make him wear that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember the Rock in soooo many movies, and he's always very bad.

It's fine if you enjoy watching him but cmon, he's fuckin terrible.