Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Did this get posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct7IWkiiWgA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Didn't he get inducted to the HOF and give a speech there too like the same weekend as WM and then he died a few days later?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Yep, got inducted on the Saturday, appeared at WM on the Sunday, did a promo on the Monday RAW and then died that night
Roddy Piper

Thanks.

Piper's book was cool, he talked about how he loaded his revolver: 1 empty, 1 blank, the rest live rounds!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

About the most scandalous thing regarding Bret Hart that I can ever recall hearing would be the reported rumors that he cheated on his wife a lot while on the road, including supposedly with former WWF manager/personality Sunny aka Tammy Sytch. But I don't think anything was actually proven, just alleged (hence the origin of Shawn Michaels' "Sunny days" comment during a promo, when he and Bret were feuding). And although it's still a lovely thing to do, "wrestler cheated on spouse while on the road" is akin to saying "water is wet and fire is hot" in terms of how commonplace of a scandal it tends to be.

Yeah, that is all I heard about him, I thought it was basically confirmed he had a lot of sex on the road to avoid doing drugs and alcohol, MAYBE even he said it himself, memory is hazy on that subject. Also, lol at HBK he slept with Sunny for sure. Also in that feud, or another one between them Bret said that Shawn wasn't in a girly magazine, but a GAY MAGAZINE! (in regards to playgirl)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Wrestling with Shadows was 'conveniently' filming leading some in the IWC to think it was all a work. Vince and Bret both wanted out of the contract, Vince was happy and gave him his blessing to go to WCW. IDK, I don't think they would have fought for 2 decades over a kayfabe. Owen was probably the issue but this is a cool thread so lets not talk about that.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

A Fancy Hat posted:

The screwjob could only be planned IF you are willing to write it from the perspective of "Vince is being an rear end in a top hat, WCW is a good opportunity, and HBK is a piece of poo poo."

Well all 3 applied. Vince owed Bret 10 million and wanted out and so did Bret. IDK, will maybe be written in the mythical Vince auto biography!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gavok posted:

The Screwjob is fascinating because not only did WWF take what should have been a fatal wound and turn it into a major success, but having Bret Hart go to WCW after all that scandal while they were building up their biggest match ever of Sting vs. Hogan should have been an absolute layup. Instead, WCW dropped the ball so hard they never recovered and spent the next three years making every wrong decision until they were just a crater.

Sting should have been in shape and had a tan! ;)

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
He lost right? well the false finish was his idea then bret came out, wow so cool!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I like Roman the heel, he is actually cool, but Jay Uso needs to get his come uppance! I am so mad Vince, you are working me! And the Friday Night Fraud, Seth, but he is cool! I actually love both of them, basically my favorite segments of the week!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
IDR anything in the Rule Book saying you had to enter the Rumble as soon as your name is called. Just chill in back until someone 'wins' them come down and beat up the tired guy, basically a MITB cash in!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
LOL he looks the same face wise as WCW like 25 years ago!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Just give me DX in a few years and don't even bother counting brother!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Zombie like the Under Taker bump! I enjoy it for poo poo like this, haven't watched in over 6 months but WM season is coming up and the Brock v Roman stuff is looking cool. Been in a YouTube loop and even some of the Hogan TNA stuff is cool to watch. Now I am only through the first like 10 mins, but this just explains so much about WCW's dying days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiELVV9uNdg

PSYCHOTIC MADMAN Scott Steiner! who can stop him? [Nitro - 18th July 2000]