Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
My gramps was all about it :rip:

But I watched it growing up in like the 80s-90s.

I'll watch it every now and then. The athletics are amazing.

does the AEW have like witchcraft and necromancers and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I jumped in about 50 pages ago.

I watched all sorts of wrassling from mid 80s, to mid 90s. With a few episodes of everything from here to there, since.

this poo poo is fascinating to me, and thanks to eclipse12 for the breakdowns. At this point, on pg 77, June 24th. So i don't even know if it still happens.

But, my interest for it has been reawakened.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

I jumped in about 50 pages ago.

I watched all sorts of wrassling from mid 80s, to mid 90s. With a few episodes of everything from here to there, since.

this poo poo is fascinating to me, and thanks to eclipse12 for the breakdowns. At this point, on pg 77, June 24th. So i don't even know if it still happens.

But, my interest for it has been reawakened.

Okay, Well. Holy poo poo.

I don't get ALL the inter-politics within the different companies. What should I watch for some good wrasslin' with goofs, and heels and faces, and surprises and all that poo poo.

Sounds like AEW is the go to?

I'm still going to try to follow the thread, but you can imagine someone that hasn't watch wrestling for like 5-10 years, with me. I just want to see all the insane, goofy, messed up stuff. I'll pick up on the politics later, sometime, maybe

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Duggan was a hero to like 8 year old me.

I met Nikita Koloff -the evil Russian-

and he was super cool to me, again like 9. My gramps, knew him from a Gym or some poo poo.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Quoting my first post itt for new people who want to get into wrestling or get back into it after a long break. Please watch this match. It's not very long and it's absolutely brilliant. It's from DDT which I mentioned earlier. And if you've seen it before then watch it again.

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you don't think this is awesome then gently caress you. Just gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

edit: for those who don't speak Japanese: it's a single light tube "deathmatch" where the idea is to be the one to NOT break the light tube. It's incredibly creative and a lot of fun and not too long. They even demonstrate the rules before the match starts!

This is good.

Breetai posted:

After about a nanosecond considering what Sonny Kiss would be booked like in WWE I have come to the astounding conclusion that AEW are at least a step in the right direction.

Her instagram says she's a plant-based athlete.

I assume she is concerned about the fire-based athletes.