Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The only wrestling I've seen in the past decade and a half is on Botchamania, and I'll never get enough of Tazz corpsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The_Franz posted:

nailz creeped me out as a kid. it didn't help that 99% of the time that the camera was on him they would do closeups of his face with spit flying out of his mouth as he breathed

It was cool that he legit tried to kill Vince though.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm still laughing at the ring exploding.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It was so cute.

https://twitter.com/WAWN_Wrestling/status/1368785375003619329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This was the first AEW show I've ever watched and I enjoyed myself. The ending definitely added to my enjoyment, so I'm saying it was a success.

I mean there is no topping this, anyway.

https://twitter.com/BAHUFMW/status/1368789019300143106

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm sure people are making GBS threads all over it but anything that can make me laugh that much is a good thing.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

:laffo:

Still, though... Never gonna be comfortable with people shoving themselves into barbed wire or tacks.

I'm with you on that. I remember Mankind breaking them out and it wasn't my thing back then either.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's so weird seeing Luchasaurus wrestle after having seen him on Big Brother a few years ago.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

And then he killed himself :(

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The hand Mae Young gave birth to turned 21 two weeks ago.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

All this talk of bodybuilding reminds me I need to drink my ICOPRO shake today.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I still have that ring, one of my all time favorite toys, as more than just wrestlers could settle their beef in it. G.I. Joes, Superheroes. Use of powers was a DQ though.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I had a bunch of the the WCW figures too but they didn't even have any gimmicks. They were just solid chunks of plastic.

https://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure?action=seriesitemlist&id=271&ssid=4

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Good blade job by Baker. I'll never enjoy thumbtacks though.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

If you don't think this is awesome then gently caress you. Just gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

edit: for those who don't speak Japanese: it's a single light tube "deathmatch" where the idea is to be the one to NOT break the light tube. It's incredibly creative and a lot of fun and not too long. They even demonstrate the rules before the match starts!

Ok. This was clever and enjoyable.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

This talk of Randy Orton's Cult Troubles reminded me of the time Hollywood Hogan feuded with dead racist grandpa Jim "The Ultimate Warrior" Warrior*, and how they gave The Warrior magic powers, including a trapdoor in the ring that ended up legit crippling a few wrestlers who had to take bumps on the thing, and of course Magic Mirror Powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XbX5tVFeY

The Warrior is messing with Hogan's mind by appearing in a mirror, except OOOH Eric Bischoff can't see him! The effect is only slightly ruined by the commentators being able to see The Warrior, so it feels less like The Warrior having magic powers and more like Eric Bischoff just being a clueless dipshit.

* he legally changed his name to "Warrior".

Warrior having magic powers to appear in mirrors yet be invisible only to Bischoff will never not be unfunny to me.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

lol hulk hogan is hosting wrestlemania with a black guy whose gimmick is he barks like a dog

:stare:

There is a documentary of David Arquette 'You Cannot Kill David Arquette' that focuses on his return to wrestling and is supposedly pretty good.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's amazing. Arquette rules.

Arquette does seem like a cool guy. I'm reminded of this story from Jungle Boy.

"David, I met about a year and a half before I got signed and right before my Indie career really got going. He and my dad were good friends and he just got a ring in his backyard. He had the documentary come out and was training at his house. He told me anytime I wanted to come by and use the ring, feel free. David lived like 10-15 minutes from me, so I was in the ring all the time. Here's a funny story; I do a suicide dive in like every match. David Arquette taught me how to do a suicide dive. I was really scared to do it because I always imagine my feet getting stuck and eating poo poo on the floor. He was wearing this gold chain, not wrestling clothes at all, and was like, 'gently caress it, I'll do it.' He runs and just dives on the ground. He gets up, his nose is bleeding, he ripped his chain because he ate poo poo. 'gently caress it, I'll do it again' and he did like four. 'It's not that hard.' I got it the first time and it wasn't that hard."

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If it helps you can envision him jerking off into women's shoes that he would steal.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

What caused the beef between Meanie and JBL?

I've heard Meanie got booked first class on a flight (by accident) and that pissed JBL off. But was that it? Pretty big overreaction by JBL if it was. Though JBL is a huge loving rear end in a top hat to start with.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If X-Pac didn't like you he would poo poo in your gymbag.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

verbal enema posted:

i guess necrobutcher sucks as a person now idk

but look at this goddamn highlight reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SlUwEl0jg
DO NOT WATCH THIS AT WORK BLOOD AND GORE WARNING

goddamnit necobutcher i loved you whyd ya have to become a chud i have a theory

Hmmmm repeated head trauma leads to conservatism.

Dude's back must be a mess.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The Bushwackers were one of my favorite teams when I was little. But then I also liked Tugboat.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Definitely not planned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZkMkZ9_OE0&t=305s

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's pretty amazing he was able to finish the match.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

When do the Dinks show up?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I mostly watch Darkside of the Ring in chunks because it gets too depressing to sit for an entire episode.

The Life and Crimes of New Jack bucked that trend as it was just insane with him doing coke and trying to murder people in the ring.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

The Nick Gage episode, which airs tomorrow, should be in the same spirit as New Jack's

I am looking forward to this episode, never saw him wrestle but robbing a bank without a mask and taking the money to Atlantic City to gamble, has me intrigued about the life this guy has lead.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Rest in peace, New Jack. You may have attempted murder live in front of an audience a few times, but, uh, you were one hell of a guy.

Awww man. :rip:

I hope he got his wish of doing a giant line of coke while he died.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Dude loving lived his gimmick.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I remember seeing clips of the Stars and Stripes Challenge on Superstars.

We didn't have cable so no RAW for me at that point.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

My mom hated Bastion Booger because of how gross he was, so of course I liked him.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Isn't Make a Wish one of the reasons Cena never switched heel? That he enjoyed doing them and didn't want to disappoint the kids?

A good dude.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

bradzilla posted:

No it was because WWE wanted to protect merch sales. Cena has been open that he asked to turn heel several times and was always shut down.

Well that's not anywhere near as wholesome. :(

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I liked early heel Cena when he was throwing bags of nuts at people.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This is sadder than Virgil at his empty booth.

Edit: It looks like he drew his goatee on with a marker in the video. Or at least used the marker to cover the grey.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 29, 2021

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Fun fact: post Wrestling, Buff was a male prostitute. Like he was on a reality show about the lives of male prostitutes even. I guess his theme music wasn't lying.

Oh, I remember that! There was a site you could use to book him along with his rates. I think it was $10K to spend the weekend with him.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This thread is invading NWO style.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Bonzo posted:

I'm half way through the latest Dark Side of the Ring and HOLY poo poo JESUS CHRIST

I just watched it, that was a dark episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I have a follow up question. What the hell happened to the Lion Tamer/Walls of Jericho?

It went from a painful looking hold to a lazy looking Boston Crab.