Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Koth posted:

Which trophy is Backstrom supposed to win? Or be nominated for?

I don’t know, I just want to see him get some love for something. He always flys under the radar every year but is so critical to all of Ovechkin’s success as well as the Caps overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bewbies posted:

man i never would have thought it but Kane looks like he's on pace to make it into that all-time top tier of scorers a few years down the line. things one did NOT expect when he was drafted....

He's really fun to watch this year, skating around a lot more and using the whole zone instead of being a sniper that stands around waiting for the puck. I like to pretend he's out there chanting "gotta be like toews gotta be like toews" to himself because someone in the coaching staff told him he put on his big boy pants and be a leader for the team.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's weird to think that he's almost certainly the greatest American player of all time.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Yeah, he's a really entertaining rapist to watch.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Are Koskinen/Smith injured or is this just one of those things where a third-stringer gets waived to find a chance to play and some team is like “hey, new third-stringer” and nothing changes

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

grassy gnoll posted:

Wasn't that basically proven to be fabricated? I can't say I followed it super closely.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Koopa Kid posted:

Are Koskinen/Smith injured or is this just one of those things where a third-stringer gets waived to find a chance to play and some team is like “hey, new third-stringer” and nothing changes

Neither of them are currently injured, though Mike Smith was injured at the beginning of the season and they lost Anton Forsberg (who was their 3rd string) on waivers to the Canes then the Jets, so this probably is just insurance in case one of them gets injured later on during the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t know, I just want to see him get some love for something. He always flys under the radar every year but is so critical to all of Ovechkin’s success as well as the Caps overall.

The I Can't Remember Which Sedin Memorial Trophy

And yes we're going to have to kill one of the Sedins to make it happen.

revtoiletduck posted:

Wasn't that basically proven to be fabricated? I can't say I followed it super closely.

Not the whole thing, but the accuser's mother did some weird poo poo.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kane is a dirtbag and Brett Hull nationalized so I'm going to claim him as greatest american player

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

Hey man, allegedly. Patty Kane is allegedly entertaining.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

His PPG is too high for charges to stick.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I might've thought the Isles try to get Stalock as a 3rd stringer

Cory Schneider taking some time away from the team because his nephew died in a house fire a few days ago. :smith:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Cartoon Man posted:

You don't get a trophy for being the wingman.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

You don't get a trophy for being the wingman.

The Nick "Goose" Bradshaw Memorial Trophy

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Kilza posted:

Neither of them are currently injured, though Mike Smith was injured at the beginning of the season and they lost Anton Forsberg (who was their 3rd string) on waivers to the Canes then the Jets, so this probably is just insurance in case one of them gets injured later on during the season.

They do however, both suck huge poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Cory Schneider taking some time away from the team because his nephew died in a house fire a few days ago. :smith:

holy poo poo that's horrible :(

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
It is March, and consequently time for the March thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
March thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960809