Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Tyler Bunz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Leafs already have Morgan Rielly to pile up points on the back of a good forward corps, not play anything resembling defence, and tell people to :airquote: rag it :airquote: they don’t need the hyperspeed bath salts version of him on the team tyvm

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I do enjoy Eyes on the Prize, the habs SB Nation site, but it seems to be a cut above most of their blogs.

PPP is also decent, largely because their EIC loving hates the Leafs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was JFJ the guy who handed out the Jeff Finger contract wat back when

No, that was his replacement, Cliff Fletcher.

JFJ is the guy that traded Tuukka Rask to the Bruins for Andrew Raycroft.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hey remember when we were all making fun of Matt Murray a while back? I wonder how his backup is doi-

https://twitter.com/dimfilipovic/status/1356809001489424392?s=21

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

Kakko back at practice, so probably didn’t have covid

Considering the NJ/Buffalo situation that's currently going on I'm not sure that's an assumption we can make

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Sheldon Keefe wheeled a TV onto the bench in Leafs practice today, the man simply cannot stop innovating

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1357004726425038856?s=20

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Are they watching Dragonball Z?

that's an edit, they're reviewing game tape

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Time to bring back Kadri.

They never should have dealt him, I miss that hotheaded bastard

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

NHL refs are a scourge

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

mennoknight posted:

I think he might be
a very dumb person

ah, a player after my own heart

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's probably some sort of strange, self-contained space helmet design they could come up with to keep all the players in self-contained atmospheres

Granted when someone passes out because Marchand slashes through an oxygen tube I suppose that's just as bad as anything

The football guy who writes about poop has you covered:

https://www.sfgate.com/culture/editorspicks/article/drew-magary-coronavirus-helmet-microclimate-air-15867960.php

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Rumours were that Bell was cutting a ton of broadcast jobs

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

LumpyGumby posted:

I think I recall hearing if a player is on the taxi squad they gave to play at least once for every ten games, or something.

Nah there’s no consequences to sitting someone on the taxi squad forever, or Rasmus Sandin would be on the Marlies by now

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs win :siren: the dog is very upset I woke her up by putting a jersey on her

Canucks bad, but if they fire Benning/Green I guarantee they’ll win on Monday

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wayne Train now the second Leafs offseason signing to go down long term on a completely innocuous play. Why couldn’t it have been Vesey Nick Robertson should be back in another week, and Thornton a few days later, so we won’t have to see too much of the taxi squad dregs.

Meanwhile Rasmus Sandin is poking his voodoo dolls of the Leafs D corps and wondering what he’s doing wrong.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Attention chart lovers: Sean Tierney got hired somewhere and just closed his site and deleted all his tweets since last season. Pretty soon Micah’s gonna be the last nerd standing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Canucks play the Leafs again today. One more blow out should spell the end of Benning's tenure, so if you ever wanted to go hog wild Toronto, tonight's the night.

I'm sorry but the Leafs exist only to extinguish hope, please enjoy the Canucks 4-0 win tonight

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Marner's ice time so far is funny because the Leafs cannot stop taking penalties and the Leafs didn't acquire any good PKers in the offseason so Keefe's throwing him out on 5 on 3s and poo poo

Also this quote is funny as hell

https://twitter.com/kristen_shilton/status/1358815596184535041?s=20

"I have to look closely at this guy because at first glance it appears that he sucks"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The NHL still denies that getting repeat concussions throughout a career gives you brain damage, they’re never going to admit on-ice transmission

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs win :siren:

Vancouver really didn’t want to get run over again and it was obvious but... yeah

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

Or, and hear me out, we just remove the American teams from this season and whoever wins the Canadian Division gets crowned the Stanley Cup champ.

Getting real monkey paw energy from this post

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So weird that the season that was obviously a terrible idea isn't working out

It's hard to believe Torts is actively trying to get fired, but Babcock absolutely did stupid lineup things just to spite Dubas for acquiring guys he didn't like so I'm fully willing to believe that's what Torts is doing too

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fancy stats posted:

I love this Burke hiring because it gets him off my TV.

This day is a huge win for William Nylander

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs win :siren:

Andersen was rough and Price was solid in the first period and then... the opposite was true for the rest of the game

Nice to see Mikheyev finally score but I still feel like he hasn’t gotten his touch back since the injury

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

I love hockey and this season is helping me through hellworld season 2 but holy gently caress just cancel it already before someone dies.

E: I'm also displeased that there's another adorable corgi hoovering up the SAS love. Poor Dizi...

J/k more dogs is good and more long dogs is v good.

Good dog :3:

this season was obviously always a bad idea but now that it’s actively infecting the North division I would like to selfishly reiterate that the season is stupid and should be cancelled thanks.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leo actually bad now and not just slightly overpaid?

Brain Burke's brain congealed in 2007 and it's pretty funny that people still value his opinion enough to give him work in hockey in any capacity

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Remember when Galchenyuk was a 30 goal scorer with a bright future

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The owner publicly saying they won’t fire a GM is usually the kiss of death, I’d expect someone to be fired in the next month

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Montreal gets no powerplay opportunities and wins the game

Coincidence?

The refs definitely called that game like a playoff game and I don’t mean that as a compliment

But full marks to Price for keeping it close the first two periods

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

They waited till he passed waivers so this is a minor league deal, at least.

Man Korshkov was such a bust, I can’t believe that the team that drafted Marner and Bracco a year prior passed on Debrincat to take an overage Russian player off-board at the start of the second round.

Then I remember that in between those drafts Lou Lamoriello came in and made Mark Hunter sole head of scouting and it makes sense.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I 100% believe that Dubas and Keefe are arrogant enough to think they can fix Galch after some sessions with Barb Underhill and a few Gatorades in the Marlies facility.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Korshkov is the same age as Kapanen, 24 going on 25 is past the point where actual NHL prospects are still trying to get onto a roster

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I made this on my phone but whatever

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

For the record, he found one and...

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1361543072648200193?s=21

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Morgan Rielly pictured doing what he does best

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

so I made the mistake of posting on a Leafs site and man, Leafs fans do not like entertaining the idea that this roster isn't as good as they expect it to be

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So Elliotte Friedman is speculating that the Leafs might be looking at acquiring Mikael Granlund by the deadline, as they were interested in the offseason. Thing is the Leafs are in LTIR with no cap space whatsoever, so if Jack Campbell and Wayne Simmonds don't get healthy by tomorrow the Leafs chances of having space to acquire anyone is... absolutely zero, by my math.

He also implies that the Leafs traded for Galchenyuk because they're starting to realize Vesey sucks. I'm just going to point back at my post about how Dubas and Keefe are actually arrogant enough to think they can rehabilitate these terrible retreads, I don't know what's wrong with just giving shots to younger guys who might actually be something instead of continuing to acquire bad players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

If Kerfoot finishes this year as an NHL center then it's his first full year doing so.

I'm going to double down and claim that they're the two most similar players in the game. Born the same year, both lefties, both named Alex, same position and, as of last year, the same position on their teams depth chart at that position. Also, similar counting numbers over the past three years.

It's only insane to compare them because they might literally be the same person.

Nope, pull up, you can still get out of this