Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
As a penguins fan who absolutely adores Ron Hextall’s career I approve of this. He built something really nice out of the Flyers with the time, so hopefully whatever vision he sold on Mario works out and they let him do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

IMO I don't think Sullivan has the players to execute his systems and getting those players is probably impossible 'cause it requires the Crosby/Geno of a few years ago along with a Conor Sheary having a career year, a breakout Guentzel, Bonino providing extremely solid 3rd line play along with a high flying Hagelin (who shouldn't have been traded :( ) and Kessel, and having a D Core that could move the puck cleanly and efficiently.

At present the goaltending is the most glaring issue, however the defending is paying a part into that. The front of the Pens goal is a bright red blob of super high danger chances that they're giving away every game. Something Sullivan loves to do is have his center swing super low into the corner/behind the net battles and if they win that battle they go up the wing and take a bumper pass to the middle. Unfortunately this hasn't worked as well in the last 3.5 years vs the first 2.5 years for Sullivan and a big part of that is speed both in terms of the Pens centers and their defenders. Letang can't skate anywhere nearly like he used to and most the rest of the back end now are decent but they aren't the Makar/Hughes jump up on the play types that thrived in Sullivan's system. I think the team can still have some success, but it likely requires a tighter system.....and some saves.

I'm wondering how much the team misses Hornqvist. Although he wasn't big by any means, he played bigger and had that netfront presence teams covet. I didn't love his contract when it was signed and figured he would be bad near the end, but I don't understand why Rutherford decided to move on from him when he did on top of taking any even worse contract back. And that's not even considering the logjam of defensemen on that side plus re-signing Riikola when POJo has been their best defensman his year. Just screams "well we gotta do something" without really having a clue what to do in the first place.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Island Nation posted:

Not entire sure about the url but the ip address looks as if it came back 95.173.128.90

You know i could loving sue you for hacking, right?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Island Nation posted:

And you're the Sidney Crosby of computers how? I'm not even AHL caliber. You're going to want Ovi, not me

https://twitter.com/nyrfan92360244/status/1353070897821753344?s=21